Marlanoc Round Four!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hansel says thanks for the hug!

IMG_8511.jpg

He's been really good with the toilet issue. He started out fantastic because he'd use the wee toilet pad things (another technical term!) but then suddenly decided he hated them. So for awhile I had to clean the carpet a lot as we both tried to work out the routine, finally as the spring weather rolled in and he wanted to go outside more often we sort of worked things out.

Luckily I want to pull up the carpet anyway
default_new_rofl.gif

Aww he's just so cute- and well done Hansel for getting the potty thing worked out so your Momma could watch the early morning Zoomies!!

And thanks for the Lyric/Legacy pics Bree - knowing how fantastic Lyric is, I think that Legacy with those long legs, is going to be absolutely stunning, roll on next year's show season!
default_yes.gif

If I were showing this season I'd be prepping him for States... mostly so I could show him and Lyric in the "get of Dam" and "Owner's group of 2" classes
default_wink.png
and then I could bring along the still unsold Sterling and Red and do a whole Pallidon team!

But then I'd feel guilty for Tinker and I'd have to squeeze Loki in so Tinker isn't left out
default_new_rofl.gif

So why aren't you showing them ? These two would be a knock-out for Get of Dam!! But then, she who remains nameless would probably be even MORE difficult next year!

LOL!! Diane - Rivain the Monster Mare - now that would be something! What marvellous entertainment we could have watching Bree deal with that!

But I agree - take the lot of them Bree, as long as you dont forget the camera to record the historic moment!
default_thumbup.gif
default_firstprize.gif

ps. Of course I meant THIS show season, not the next - I do get soooooooo muddled at times with the difference between the Northern and Southern hemispheres! LOL!!

I'm tempted to drag a few of them out for States, it's always fun doing the big weekend long show
default_wink.png
We'll see how everyone is growing/filling out by the time I have to send in entries.

At least for States they don't have to stand at the float all day, they can always go back to the stables and have a nap in between classes!

And Legacy will come off his mum fairly easy, Rivain's more caring towards him then she was with Lyric but it's still nothing like how Twinkles is with her babies.

I'm definitely skipping the rest of the season! It's actually been a relief to focus on foaling and not be juggling show horses at the same time for once. I'll probably feel a bit sad when I have to skip our two big Victorian shows though, I love the huge shows that we have classes at rather then the mini only shows. The environment is always that bit extra fun and you get to see some amazing horses of all breeds and disciplines.

But there is always next year
default_wink.png

Now to tease you all with a taste of my FUTURE show team, here are some new pictures of Shadowfax's son Hawke:

1187027_10151897771106354_1090812710_n.jpg

1240295_10151912015216354_2018145297_n.jpg

And a friend might be loaning me this little Welsh pony to put to Shadow:

528193_666709220008385_641525094_n.jpg

GORGEOUS!!!! You know you really should warn me so I don't drool in the keyboard and cause an electronic nightmare!!

Whoops sorry Diane
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

Someone will have to make me a "spot warning" for you when next year's foals are due
default_wink.png

Hawke is such a stunner, and a share of him is up for sale! If I didn't have Shadowfax coming down for the season I'd be snapping him up in a second. But of course we all know what I'm like with colts so I'm sure I'll have some Shadow boys of my own soon!

I'm already stocking up on bibs for next year!!! Don't want to electrocute myself !!

We have horrendous weather blowing through off the coast right now and have lost two trees in the last bit.

One was in Legacy's paddock:

IMG_9471.jpg

IMG_9484.jpg

As you can see those sensible girls stayed far away from it and now that it's down I've parked their hay all around the sheltered side.

The boys were less lucky!

IMG_9488.jpg

IMG_9497.jpg

That tree came down from Pallidon's paddock and smashed the two fences between him and Tinker. Thankfully it missed the new poles put in for my shelters!

Palli is now out grazing with the cows as his side took the most damage and had less branches blocking it.

Let's hope that is it for storm damage!

Looks like the wind is pushing them along. Legacy is looking like Lyric in the last photo, how cute!

I hate those strong wind storms, they can do so much damage. All our fields are bounded by mostly big trees, plus we have some 4-5 acres of old woodland, so we often get many large branches falling not to mention the odd tree. It really worries me at times.

Love the pics of the wind blown ponies.
default_yes.gif

Wind blown minis are always good fun
default_wink.png
Wind damage not so much! We also got a brief lightning storm roll through with thunder so loud it shook the house. Never seen the minis so storm rattle before! Maybe they where more on edge because of Legacy, the mares have been extra attentive to him. He is now settled down on a pile of hay in a mongst the gum leaves, only good thing about having a tree down.

And I'm hoping Ashanti keeps those legs crossed!

Kalari is looking so vibrant as she loses the winter coat, she was always a standout but the gold and white she has coming through now looks amazing. Especially in this sunny storm light!

I think my fav is the Ashanti one, she is such a little supermodel!

Hansel is on my lap, he says hi! And now he is eating my hands.

She kept her legs shut last night thankfully so no foal yet.

Do you feel that she is really close? I mean that I know she's "due", but that word can mean anything as far as these mini mares are concerned!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Her udder is feeling firm, I think it's bigger then last time. Her back end is soft but her vulva isn't long. her belly is pointy but it could point more.

If she was a 'normal' mare I wouldn't be worried at the moment, being her and what happened last time I feel that she's at a point where she could change and go tonight or she could go next week.

I feel like we're in the last stretch... I just don't know how long that will be!
default_new_rofl.gif

Ashanti's acting a bit off today, she's also got the runs so I'll have to give her udder and backside a full wipe down. She'll love me for it... not!

Maybe she's feeling foalish? Maybe bubs is just moving about a bit. Maybe she just needed to fart
default_new_rofl.gif

Of course every time she does something like this I have a mini panic attack, so paranoid after last time!

Edit: Ok so I've cleaned her up and decided to milk out some fluid while I was down there. Came out very easily but is still clear although it is feeling tacky on my fingers. Probably safe for tonight? Likely, just hard to tell now that she's getting so grumpy. She had a go at Legacy earlier when he tried to share her hay.

Edit: Eeeeeeeek, it's CLOUDY not clear. And definitely sticky. Did it change that quickly or was that just because it was the first milking? How is it that I stay fairly calm now with most foalings but simply lose my mind over this mare!!!!?
default_thud.gif

I'm going to swap the battery in her alarm, it's been a bit quiet lately and with what she's throwing at me now I'd rather feel a bit more secure.

Vulva looking a bit relaxed and a bit coloured but she's enjoying rubbing on the tree so I'm not sure I can trust that as a sign right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back