Marlanoc Round Four!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can't wait for new pics!

Following the sun...hmm, wish could afford that plan. Where's my broomstick?

You can borrow mine, if you need.

broomstick-1.jpg

Umm shall we rub it in Hayley?? Try 33 degrees in Sydney today bree!! Lol and it's still a lovely temp now
default_smile.png
would love some rain though so ill happily trade you for a bit
default_smile.png

Can't wait for the piccies!! So exciting!!

So where are the promised pics Bree - or are you busy thinking up more excuses (weather/broken camera/Hansel needed to pee/Rivian has broken through the fencing/etc etc)!!!

WE NEED PICTURES!!
default_please.gif

Hello and I thought I would stop in and say hi! I can't wait to see new pics!

I'm sure you'll all forgive me for being really slack, clipping day turned into farrier AND clipping day.... in the rain! SO blame Hayley and Cassie for that one
default_poke.gif

Then I MAY have gotten a bit caught up arranging to go and get two unhandled, feral mini ponies.... because I'm insane.

So meet "Lyra" the mare (brown pinto) and Gimli the gelding (dapple grey)

Both are about 2 or 3 years old (but who really knows!)

IMG_8563.jpg

IMG_8575.jpg

IMG_8578.jpg

IMG_8584.jpg

IMG_8592.jpg

Also I have taken updated mare photos, just need two seconds of quiet time to resize them for posting (blame Hansel for that one!)

Oh they look cute. You'll have them domesticated in no time! I am starting to wonder tho, do you have a day job? If you do you must be totally energetic to manage all the things you've got going on lol. And yes, weather has been just beautiful. Perfect for playing with a baby!

Thankfully the horses are my day job otherwise I'd be dead!
default_new_rofl.gif
I also have agistment horses up here and do some graphics work since my own horses seem to be a money pit!

Goodness Bree, everytime we turn our backs you are up to something!! What a cute pair, good looking too (from the pics posted) do you have any past history - and what do you have planned for their future?

Hurry up with the 'broody' pics please!

They came off a property owned by an older woman where everything was getting away from her, and yet she was still breeding these guys! One of my friends actually cleaned up the last mess on the same property but the stallion's been gelded now.

According to the owner they've done lots of leading and feet work etc. According to those of us who had to round them up and get them on the float they've done very little and we have no idea of how well what they have done has been taught.

Neither are registered and when my friend stepped in last time there was a bit of inbreeding going on. These two possibly share a sire. Also Gimli's build makes me think there is Shetland in the background somewhere at least for him.

Going to give them a few days to adjust to leaving their home for the first time. They've got Derby in with them as well to help. Once they settle down I'll push them into one of the smaller yards and start doing a bit of work with them.

Resizing mare pics now!

Good luck with them Bree, be sure to keep us posted on their progress - pics too would be great (after those of the girls that you have promised!)

Ok doing the mare pictures now... was half way through resizing and the power went out so I have to start AGAIN. I swear the universe wants to deprive you all of foal bellies from my lot
default_poke.gif

Bellephant can have her own post.

Anyone following along would know that Belle has had some fertility issues in the past, she also is a "big" mare and doesn't like to shed her weight. Until recently we were thinking I had a very nice future harness horse but not much of a broodmare, which would be such a shame as she's by the same sire as Special and her dam is Kalari's paternal granddam... so the mother of one of my favourite performance/versatility horses!

However as soon as I planned to visit Magni in mid to late October (her likely due date based on seeing Tinker breed her) she decided to be interesting. First picture is from late spring last year, not pregnant. Second picture is from yesterday afternoon.

bellephant.jpg

IMG_8547.jpg

So do you think I have a little Tinker baby in there?

Will add the other girls later, the site seems to be a bit cranky and this is my third attempt to post this!

Yes, I think Tinker did a good thing!!! Looks like we'll be awaiting this little one with gusto!!

Uncooperative Rivainand Twinkles first. Twinky just wants to snuggle so it's very hard to get her to stay at camera range! Rivain can't work out if she wants a scratch or if she wants to murder me (I'd almost forgotten how much "fun" she is at this stage!)

Twinkles

IMG_8524.jpg

Rivain

IMG_8527.jpg

IMG_8533.jpg

Super sweet Ashanti, she's shedding heavily so hopefully she doesn't realise I'm showing these pictures or she might get upset with me
default_wink.png

IMG_8530.jpg

IMG_8536.jpg

And wonderful Kalari, teasing us all with a wonderful belly and yet has the longest to go...

IMG_8539.jpg

IMG_8545.jpg

Latest posts

Back