Marlanoc Foal Thread, All Foaled! 4 colts, 1 filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
closeright.jpg

Close enough right? Only difference I can see is one of them grows his own boots!
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

default_frusty.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
Love it Bree! I worked for donkeys years with show jumpers and believe me they are gorgeous but seriously stupid
default_frusty.gif
The times I nearly got killed trying to get them uncast
default_thud.gif
not to mention the hibby jibby fits they would have whilst out hacking cos they saw their own shadow or something. The minis can jump really high in proportion of their height and they are so much more agile. When my kids were messing around here the minis would lift their heads and look and you could see them thinking "oh so the kids have arrived" At the Big horse stables we have to be silent cos the horses could get upset and hurt themselves
default_frusty.gif

The minis are certainly rock solid, most of the time anyway! I love my tiny show jumpers
default_wub.png
:wub I'm going to be focusing on them a lot more now... although they certainly take longer to develop then a halter horse. I'll have to be patient!

Drifter's near the end of his career, Derby is still in his early training and Loki won't start for a long time! And I'm hoping for two potential jumpers in my 2013 foals.

I'm going to repeat the look this year
default_smile.png

A lot of the mini people hated it, in fact my mum was in line at the canteen and the people in front were going on and on about how stupid he looked, how he was ugly etc. He took Champion Show Jumper that day so that stuck it to them
default_new_rofl.gif

My mother pointed out how it was actually a welfare consideration. I wanted hair off so he didn't get too hot but he lives in a paddock, since our performance horses don't have the same presentation rules I left his leg hair on. Especially since our performance season kicks off before our halter shows start and it's still wet, and gross and COLD!

Good for you, I bet you will start a trend, we should call it the "bree clip"

haha I totally agree Renee
default_smile.png
it would protect their legs just a little more
default_smile.png

I really want to do more with Penny's jumping and do more agility with her, but there aren't many shows that do agility around here... :/ I love it though and I think she does to, its great for bonding between us so I think we will still have a bit of fun with it.

I'm so excited for your babies for this year Bree! :D

LOL! I like the sound of that... although If I'm honest it's a hunter clip without the saddle patch left on
default_new_rofl.gif
Would look a bit silly on a mini!

Drifter has had so much cr!p said about him, he is a very old fashioned, heavier horse type and a lot of people pre judge him for it. Then he flies over the jumps and makes them eat their words :D

I really like my pairings this year! I won't start a new thread yet. I reckon I need to wait until I'm seeing some bellies!

Pallidon x Rivain:

29.17% Buckskin

29.17% Bay

16.67% Palomino

16.67% Chestnut

4.17% Smoky Black

4.17% Black

And of course it's a repeat of everyone's favourite, if on occasion evil, little buckskin Lyric

So cross your fingers for a repeat performance! Especially since Rivain had a phantom last year!

Pallidon x Twinkles:

29.17% Buckskin

16.67% Palomino

14.58% Perlino

14.58% Bay

8.33% Cremello

8.33% Chestnut

4.17% Smoky Black

2.08% Smoky Cream

2.08% Black

And it's repeat of the much loved Sterling AND a half sibling to my super jumper Derby.

Twinkles has thrown her cream gene only ONCE on her previous foals and they have all been colts. I think I'm due a dilute filly!
default_wub.png

Tinker x Belle

43.75% Black Tobiano

43.75% Black

6.25% Chestnut Tobiano

6.25% Chestnut

Belle hasn't fallen pregnant for awhile and her last foal was to another Silverado son so this foal (if it's there) will be a 3/4 sibling to Belle's last foal.

Tinker x Ashanti

12.50% Palomino Tobiano, Palomino, Chestnut Tobiano, Chestnut

6.25% Smoky Black Tobiano, Smoky Black, Buckskin Tobiano, Buckskin, Black Tobiano, Black, Bay Tobiano, bay

Ashanti was the one who lost a foal in the bag during the same season Lyric and Sterling were born. It was very heartbreaking for both of us. She almost foundered this year and was put with Tinker more to save her life as he kept her on her feet and moving. Plus he and Belle were in the diet paddock! I do badly want a foal from this pairing but it all depends on if her body was receptive.

And finally to an outside stallion

Trouble With Love x Kalari

14.58% Buckskin Tobiano, Buckskin, bay Tobiano, Bay

8.33% Palomino Tobiano, Palomino, Chestnut Tobiano , Chestnut

2.08% SMoky Black Tobiano, Smoky Black, Black Tobiano, Black

AND 50% chance of SPOTS!

Kalari has had three foals previously and thrown her cream gene each time. The stallion only has two foals on the ground and they are AMAZING.

A lot of hopes for a halter/performance baby from this pairing!

Fingers crossed for some buckskins
default_smile.png
and also lots of healthy foals!!

I'm REALLY hanging out for a collection of GOLD! All but Belle can give me some beautiful dilutes and I want to go out in some serious golden style :D

I am very excited for these foals Bree! When are the mares due?

wow Bree this is gong to be another impressive year for you, fingers crossed they all took
default_thumbup.gif

I paddock bred this year (was lazy, LOL!) but the mares went in during very late October and came out around Jan/Feb. Kalari went in later and I'll need to dig through my emails to find that date, I think it was December though.

Rivain was served by Pallidon a lot on the 27th of October and onwards for about a week. Twinky seemed in season during the 1st of November. Neither girl was obviously in heat after that and by the new year Palli seemed to have lost interest in them.

If those dates are accurate then from about 20 September (Assuming 330 days) onwards for his girls.

Belle was on heat during the 17/19th of November and we saw Tinker breed her twice on the 21st. being a more mature stallion he doesn't waste a lot of time like Palli and only mounts when he knows it's right. This gives us an October 17th date.

Ashanti acted a bit 'on heatish' once or twice but she was borderline founder at the time. Tinker expressed interest on occasion whens he was like this but we never saw him breed her. However I didn't see any heat behaviour near the end of her time running with him so fingers crossed. Since she doesn't bag up properly the unsure date has me a bit scared! I'll be going over her progress images from her lost foal to remind myself and I will put her alarm on a lot earlier then I normally would.

Should be a very good year!

Looks as though things are going to be a bit busy for you later this year Bree (zombie springs to mind again LOL!!)

I think it's great that we have breeders spread world wide - lets us all watch for babies all year round!
default_yes.gif

Ahhh good Ol' Zombie Bree! How we have missed her....
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

I was in with the mares yesterday having some snuggles and begging for foal bellies. Twinkles is looking a little round but she's had quite a few foals so when she gets "full" it often shows like that. Anyway we had a nice big cuddle with me whispering "Have you got a baby for me? Is it gold? Is it double gold? Does it have girly bits? Please oh please let it have girly bits!"
default_new_rofl.gif

Latest posts

Back