Marlanoc Foal Thread, All Foaled! 4 colts, 1 filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll help I'll help I'll help!!!! :D it really is a pity you don't live up here Bree
default_sad.png

haha you know I will always take Sterling in a heart beat! he will always hold a very special place in my heart! <3

the not so little ones are just adorable!!! love them all
default_smile.png
I'm sure they are doing just fine without their mummy's! cute little beggers!

Bree- I'm so sorry for your loss ((((HUGS)))) Also sorry about the market not being the best in your area. Your little ones are so gorgeous. I love every photo you post! Such a lovely little bunch.

Bree I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. Sending you huge hugs!!!

The pics are awesome, look how big the kids are getting! I just love them all, cant wait for more photos
default_smile.png

Thanks guys
default_smile.png

Yesterday awas VERY windy so it was good for that look
default_new_rofl.gif
Overnight it became very wet instead. I bet Jazzy is muddy as anything
default_new_rofl.gif

The markets just shocking, and TBH I reckon it'll get worse before it gets better. Thankfully I don't have to sell off my breeding herd! Even my non horsey father who owns the place isn't pushing that, so a few of the breeders will get some retraining to be harness or show horses and the rest can be lazy bums.

I still badly want my Fantasy x Pallidon filly but if he manages to give me a Twinkles filly I might go ahead and geld him early anyway. He won't run with the geldings and doesn't chill out over winter like Tinker does so if he isn't working it's not fair to keep him intact for a few years for one breeding. Tinker is easier to keep intact and being older he is also harder to geld. Thor and Loki will keep their bits for awhile, if they mature well I'd like to breed one or two foals from them for myself before gelding.

Lots of those choices ahead!

Oh and I'm riding again! I'm at a local school working on the lunge a lot, we're focusing on improving my seat and knocking my old 'I'm nervous so I'll grip with my knees' habits. Having a blast with it all
default_smile.png

EDIT: What follows is a WIngs tantrum. I made it little rather then delete it because I was being a bit stupid, but I also believe in dealing with what you put out there. So feel free to ignore it and hopefully I'll have pretty photos to put up later which will be much nicer ;)

Not to hijack that other thread but I'm begining to rethink my return here if opinions are not able to be politely expressed even if they are not exactly in line with what the OP wants to hear. The word isn't sunshine and butterflies.

And morally I can't NOT express that sometimes breeding isn't the best idea. Sure if a mare is already pregnant there is no return and I'm happy to help but there is nothing wrong with informing someone that perhaps their best option lies elsewhere. Diane your smackdown in that thread to me and Jill was more attitude then either of us expressed.

So if anyone wants to keep up with me you can find me on facebook "Marlanoc Miniature Horses" because I'm really not sure I'll be back here
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
oh Bree really?! I would be very sad if you were no longer with us... as I am a friend of your on facebook you know you can't get rid of me... I don't know what happened on the other thread... and I'm not going to get into it as I don't want to offend either party on here. but I hope it isn't enough for you to stop popping by...

you are a very valued 'Aunty' and a very valued friend. hope to see you stopping by every now and then but if not thats ok.

I should apologize to you as well Diane I reacted a bit badly (was answering an email about why Picasso was NOT available as a colt to sit in someones backyard and breed with their three rescue minis from the knackers yard!) and was ready to boil over. So sorry for the snarl. But I do feel the line between attitude and honest advice can get a little blurry, I think too often people sit on their hands and I admit I'm used to hanging around fairly opinionated people most of the time.

Given all the heartache of breeding I think anyone considering breeding their mare really does need to be reminded to ask themselves why.

I also hate to think we are missing out on the input of experinced breeders because they don't want to post something that could be seen as negative and get in trouble for it.

Anyway I've cleaned out the rabbit room and picked up poop in the saddling area so I think I've worked my tantrum out of me
default_new_rofl.gif
So I won't flounce off, after all the foals would miss their Aunties
default_giveup.gif

oh Bree no wonder you were upset!
default_thud.gif
some people are so dumb! (and I can say that cos they're not on here lol)

I'm glad you were able to clean out the rabbit room and the saddling area lol. and you have decided to hang around
default_smile.png

When the enquiry is loaded with a heavy dose of "The Stupids" it's easier to say no firmly and politely. In this case I mentioned the horrid market, the need to use quality horses with traceable lines in order to assess breeding quality and all the difficulties and expense in getting a foal on the ground and keeping him there. They'll probably ignore me but at least I tried!

The hardest ones are the people you think could be a good home but just aren't the RIGHT home. I usually try and direct them to a more suitable match even if it isn't one of my horses.

No wonder I lose so many sales
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

Wow all your foals have grown sooo much but then again so has mine lol They all look wonderful!!
default_smile.png

Well I'm glad you decided to stay on! Sorry to hear you were approached by a Stupid. Hopefully you didn't lose any braincells by coming into contact with them
default_new_rofl.gif

Was there a promise of more foal photos, or was that just me......?

And now for storytelling with Marlanoc.

IMG_5863.jpg

STORM: I haz a friend.

STERLING: 'ello!

IMG_5865.jpg

DERBY: I haz some hay in mane. Can't reach it.

IMG_5867.jpg

LOKI: I haz more hay!

IMG_5868.jpg

THOR: I haz more hay too! Nom nom nom.

IMG_5879.jpg

DERBY: I shared hay-in-mane with my brother!

STERLING: 'ello!

IMG_5885.jpg

RED: I haz hay AND mummy.

IMG_5889.jpg

LOKI: I share?

IMG_5890.jpg

PICASSO: We sharing.

THOR: Loki not good at sharing his side. I'm good at sharing.

And now for photos with Jazz:

IMG_5908.jpg

JAZZ: Hey!

ME: Not helping Jazzy....

I reckon he has his Dad's thickness... and probably his Mother's length!
default_new_rofl.gif

Can't wait to see how he clips out after winter.

Awwww love all the story photos
default_wub.png
They have grown so much!

They seemed fitting for here
default_new_rofl.gif
Plus my guys are being boring so you all get cartoons instead :D

Latest posts

Back