Marianna, FL Show Results

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadyacersminis

Reaction score
We had a great show over the Weekend... We took two of our mares, Both are our own foals from our breeding program and it is thier first time in the showring and the first time horses we have bred ourselves have entered the showring... All of our hard work and years of breeding are startiong to pay off.... There were alot of beautiful horses there.... Im so proud of our girls, They showed with all thier heart in the miserable conditions on Sunday..... Here is what they took

Miss E's Islands Sunset, Our 29.5" Two year old Bay Pinto mare did very well aginst some very tough competition.. She came home with

11-1st

1-2nd

1 Grand Champion Jr. Mare

1 Reserve Champion Jr. Mare

2 Reserve Champion Mare Under

Miss E's Kahlua N Cream, our 29.5" Three Year old Senior Blue Roan Mare sired by Islands Hurricane (pictured in Avatar).. Kahlua also beat a 2008 AMHR National Champion for a Grand Champion, so we are very proud of her... Kahlua came home with..

6-1st

4-2nd

1 Grand Champion Senior Mare

1 Reserve Champion Senior Mare Under

I also got the opportunity to take in Gayle Rays (Silver Meadows Training Center) National Champion Driving Gelding "Springer Farms Pay Day" into his Halter Classes.... He showed very well for me... I took two firsts in Senior Gelding 34-38", 2 Grand Champion Senior Gelding Over, and 2 Reserve Champion Gelding Over.... Leah Johnson from L & M equine Services took the Grand Champions with a beautiful Gelding she was showing....

It was a great show even though the temps didnt make it out of the 30's with winds of 15-20mph all day... Wind chills were in the low 20's and even had some sleet on Sunday morning... All the poor horses were freezing but still did thier best to show, Everyone was blanketing them as soon as the judges were finished judging, it was different seeing horses blanketed in the showring before the results of the class were even announced.... It was still a very fun show with lots of great people showing....

Here are some pictures, a couple didnt come out very well....

This is Miss E's Island Sunset

Sunshine1.jpg

Sunshine2.jpg

Sunshine3.jpg

This is Miss E's Kahlua N Cream

Kahlua1.jpg

This me and "Springer Farms Pay Day"

Payday1.jpg

and the ribbions from the show

ribbons.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your awesome placings
default_aktion033.gif
Joyce

shadyacersminis said:
It was a great show even though the temps didnt make it out of the 30's with winds of 15-20mph all day... Wind chills were in the low 20's and even had some sleet on Sunday morning... All the poor horses were freezing but still did thier best to show, Everyone was blanketing them as soon as the judges were finished judging...
I cannot believe how well your beautiful horses stood and showed in temps like that. I would have expected them to be hunched up like little shrimps!
default_new_shocked.gif
What brave troopers you have, and what good training. Congratulations on some great results!

Leia

It wasnt easy to get them to stay still. At best, they would stay still for about a minute before they just had to move
default_rolleyes.gif
then reset them and try again.... all the horses were shivering thier butts off in the ring,... But all in all, they still tried thier best to stand and strech without moving....

William, it was nice to meet you over the weekend and congratulations on your horses and their achievements. The weather Sunday as you said was crazy, we all felt so sorry for the horses.

Ruth and I were impressed with the quality of all the horses at the show. We really enjoyed the Modern Shetlands that Lea brought from Texas,and the nice horses brought by Country Star,( i believe is the farm name) from Texas also.

We were also very proud of the two horses we took to Marianna. Windermere's Power Stroke (Diesel) our 43 3/4" classic shetland gelding was shown for the first time by us , (don't believe he has been shown for quite some time before Saturday)

1st- Classic Gelding 3 years and older 42"-46"

Senior Champion Classic Gelding Over

Classic Gelding Grand Champion Over

1st classic country pleasure driving over

2nd open country pleasure driving over

We also drove "Kahlua Coffee" our 36 1/2" Senior Mare for the 1st time:

Amateur Country pleasure driving over 1st

Gentleman country pleasure driving over 1st

Stakes country pleasure driving over 2nd of four under one judge

Special thanks to Gayle Ray of Silver Meadows for her help and advice with Diesel on Saturday and Roger and Dale of Florida's Showtime training center on their advice, also.

It was nice to meet new people that we had not seen at shows before, as we had never been to Marianna. Besides the freaky weather it seemed as if everyone enjoyed the show as much as Ruth an I did.
default_smile.png

Gary

I heard how cold and windy it got at that show and your horses look amazing in the photos u took. Congrats on all your wins.

Congrats too Gary and Ruth!! Wish i could have seen u show Diesel. He is such a sweet guy
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back