Mare ready to foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HOORAY!! The Diane person is back amongst us!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Hope you had a trouble free journey Diane, do go and grab yourself something to eat, we cant have you fade away on us just as you're here.
default_no.gif

Did your Mum enjoy her time with the family - hope to catch all your news and see the pics later.

Well Suzie made it through her Saturday night, so now it is up to Peanut????

Anna

RED and LONG??? Did Cassie say RED and long??

I hope Suzie waits for her to get home! I think she said that she had about a 1 and 1/2 hour journey in front of her, so she wont be able to rush home.

If you are thinking of foaling Suz, please hang on until tonight, your Mum would be beside herself if she missed it!
default_no.gif

Anna

The outside cam is up but I cant see Suzie - has she gone back in to finish her breakfast do you think or is she hiding somewhere?

Anna

I must calm down! I'm such a worrywart, but I'm not sure that Cassie realises what red and long might mean? I just hope her parents are watching Suzie extremely closely.

I dont mind what happens as long as Suz is ok, but Cassie will be so upset if Suz foals while she's not there.

Mind you I had this panic about 10 days ago with Suzie and nothing happened, so will just hope this might be a false alarm too. But I cant get over feeling 'funny' watching her in the early hours this morning, plus the 'red and long' we now have.

Hold on Suzie and wait for Mummy.

Anna

Last edited by a moderator:
She's out, but she looks restless for her, and not very comfortable either.

Anna

Of course having red inside her vulva doesn't mean that she will foal soon, but if Cassie didn't check her last night, how long has she been red?

Are we the only ones looking Diane - I'm supposed to be in bed by now. LOL!! But would like to see someone else here to keep you company - mind you, you must be tired with all that travelling too.

Anna

Right, Suzie seems a lot more peaceful now, so I'm off to my bed.

Really hope she will hang on until Cassie gets back.

Maybe we shall have a foal from Peanut tonight - she looks really close.
default_yes.gif

Nite all.

Anna

I'm with ya Diane...off and on, anyway. Welcome back..

Just came in from putting 'clean sheets' in the kidlets bedrooms for when they come

in tonight.

Suz looks happy out by the fence but I hate it when she goes to the back of the paddock

and you can't see her.

Agreed red doesn't mean, in the moment, but red and long might mean something else.

It's all relative though if this is Cassie's first mare, to foal...her long might not be our long.

Suz does seen to have turned the heat up on the oven, though.

11:26 Am - Cassie time.

I think she sprouted wings and flew away....I don't see her at all.

Hope Cassie's Mom & Dad have a better view of her than afforded by the camera.

Thanks for watching her tonight for me
default_smile.png
I only got home at 7pm and I have a splitting headache and I am totally exhausted so its off to bed early for me, I have taken stuff for it but its not going away so bed time to sleep it off, hopefully!!

Suzie in for the night

my lovely Daddy fed her and the others for me so I only had to give her hay and clean her stable... but if you were watching the cam, even that was to much for me but I'm ok about to go to sleep now

I know that my idea of long is prob not the same as yours... she was red this morning, but is more pink tonight... she is still very relaxed and my terming of long... still not anything happening in the udder department and I didn't even try and feel the foal tonight my head is killing me.

I will have the barn alarm on and my mobile at my bed... so I'm going to say night all... sorry I haven't been here to chat and check on ponies today...

oh but I am a bridesmaid!! 7th July next yr is the wedding!!

and Diane I'm really sorry that the camera isn't very good for outside, its more so I can keep a little bit of an eye on her, as usually I am at work which is a paddock walk away
default_smile.png

If I breed Penny (which I'm hoping to do) and Suzie again later I will invest in better cams
default_laugh.png
for you lovely ladies and myself
default_smile.png

well my head is pounding and my eyes are closing on me... I'm sure I must have taken sleeping pills instead of headache tablets LOL

oh well let me know of anything....

Morning Renee??...

Night all!!
default_wub.png

Evening all.
default_saludando.gif

Glad you had a good day yesterday Cassie, sorry about the head - hope it feels better when you wake. Probably caused by travel and the inside of wedding boutiques when you are more used to the open air of the farm!

We really have to get this 'red and long' thing sorted out.
default_yes.gif

You saying red and long then rushing off caused a little panic last night - well at least I had a turn, but then you all know what a panic pants I am. LOL!! But quite apart from that, the cam went dark and all fuzzy, so we couldn't see Suzie at all! We said a few prayers asking her to hang on until you got home!

Still all is ok! And I will be around for the next 6 or 7 hours now to keep an eye on the lovely Suz - with a couple of gaps while I rush out to do my boys, then a bit later to cook some food - so get yourself a good sleep and give your head a chance to clear.
default_yes.gif

I promise not to panic too quickly. I promise not to panic too quickly. I promise not to panic too quickly!

Anna

5.45am and she is down resting after having been flat out for a while.

Cassie I am so happy to hear that you are going to be a bridesmaid, you will be beautiful. Sorry about your bad head and I do hope it is gone when you wake.
saludando.gif

6.00am and laying sternal was just too tiring so she is back out flat. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Suzie is up and waiting for breakfast. I hope you feel better Cassie.

Night night
saludando.gif

Well another night has passed! What are these two girls up to I ask?

Cassie I hope your head is better this morning, perhaps it is a good thing Suzie didn't foal last night as you were not feeling good.

I think you are going to remove Suzie's halter or reset it if you feel she really needs it. It looks as though it might have stretched with all her lying down, rubbing it in the bed, as it is way far down over her nose. Or it could be that she has lost a bit of her winter coat round her head and the halter has become a bit loose. You will need to think about taking it off anyway immediately the foal is born - a new foal floundering around to get to its legs and getting near it's Momma's head, can easily slip a foot/leg through a halter and get hooked up. This can also happen in the field at anytime over the months ahead coz babies just love leaping up at and sliding down their dam's heads during playtime. Little legs get hooked up in so many things so easily.
default_yes.gif

Hope your day isn't going to be too busy Cassie so you get the chance to lose the last of that headache if it is still hovering.

Anna

morning my lovely friends how are you all?
default_smile.png

Headache just lingering although I am feeling much better so thankyou
default_yes.gif

Night Renee thanks for watching Suzie!!

I have been wondering if she has been a little more uncomfortable the last few nights as I haven't seen her lying down as much as usual... do you girls think so as well???

and I don't know if you can see anything from the cam but do you think her belly might have dropped a litttle more?? I was brushing her before and I just lightly slid the brush down her tummy and seemed to go on forever LOL

udder fuller but not much bigger, if that makes sense... prob not sorry if it doesn't

inside pink... with alittle red if that makes sense as well
default_wacko.png

oh and about the halter, sorry Anna I just wasn't in a state of mind last night and totally forgot to take it off, I have it on during the day as I have to lead her in the stable now,... she doesn't come in by herself.

the halter is too big I have been trying to find dads hole punch but I might just get my own one, good thing about owning a hardware store LOL

Thanks for the nightwatch all!!!
default_wub.png
I am sure one day Suzie will reward us with a beautiful little foal... Peanut hopefully tonight!!!

Latest posts

Back