Mare ready to foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hopefully!!! 11pm here and she is pretty content but will keep a big eye on her tonight!! just wish i could have it running in my room grrr lol oh well COME ON SUZIE!!

No baby yet.
default_sad.png

Let's hope Suzie doesn't do a Tease on us!
default_rolleyes.gif

Hoping that tonight's the night.
default_yes.gif

Anna

hopefully!!! 11pm here and she is pretty content but will keep a big eye on her tonight!! just wish i could have it running in my room grrr lol oh well COME ON SUZIE!!
If Suzie can't come with you, you go to Suzie. You could sleep on the sofa like I did and after getting a sore back and a stiff neck she went and foaled at 20.00, 4 nights later
closedeyes.gif

If only you had her on marestare we could do the night shift for you.

Fingers, legs,arms, toes and everything else crossed that she goes tonight and it is a safe and easy foaling.

P.S don't forget to take photos

Thanks guys!! she better NOT do a Tease
default_sad.png
poor Tease and Annie I check on their progress nearly every day its so sad.

yeah I think I need to set up the camping bed in the study tonight lol, oh no!! lets hope Suzie doesn't do that to me!

I was thinking of putting her on marestare, but it takes like 48 hrs to get it set up and I would prob pay to get it set up and the night before they do it she would foal lol the sneaky thing she is :p

Don't worry there will be plenty of photos!!! hehe

today I let my stock horse and my other mini out in the big paddock and Suzie thought she got left behind, neighing (she has such a cute neigh lol)

then I let her into her paddock and she was having a nice big (wobbly) gallop... wish I had the video camera was so cute, her little legs and big tummy going crazy lol. after that she was swishing her tail heaps and was restless, so hopefully the run did her good and will make her foal soon :D

fingers crossed!!!

marestare was set up for me in about 2 hours but my cam was working fine, I know some people have had to wait longer as there was a problem with their hardware.

I think it was the best € 25 ever spent as it meant I could get some well needed rest. As for Suzie running around that is wonderful news that she is feeling happy but doesn't really show signs of her being ready to foal
no.gif
the last few days before foaling my mares can barely walk they just waddle!

Fingers crossed that I am very very wrong and that tomorrow we will see her baby
please.gif

lol, I think the run did her really good... I should have specified though lol it was wobble wobble run a few steps... wobble wobble, pant lol she couldn't run for very long lol. poor baby girl, they all had a lovely day though out in the big paddock, tonight when i brought her in she was VERY relaxed behind!! and when I checked inside for the colour it was huge!! usually I can see the beginning and the end... could see the end, no beginning she has really stretched inside!!!
default_laugh.png
don't know how long before they foal they do this, but EXCITEMENT!!! hehe

she has some more milk tonight to, not as much as I'd like, but its definitly fuller than it has been the last few days, and after a big run too...here's hoping Suzie girl!!

just figured out that my foaling alarm isn't working properly
default_sad.png
and I can't figure out how to fix it!!! grrr, so I'm camping in the study tonight!! so I can watch her every move, prob not much sleep for me tonight but if she has her foal it would be well worth it!!...

Have you guys noticed the increase of size inside her vulva...? and if so how long after this do they (usually) foal?

my other mini and my stock horse came back in from the big paddock covered in mud lol (we have had alot of rain here the last few days) they LOVED it!!! Suzie so wanted to join them!! lol not long now baby girl

update for Suzie tonight... its is 9:45pm here in NSW Australia, so far tonight Suzie has been moving about the stable (wouldn't call it pacing )

rolling, funny rolling she is on her tummy, moving side to side, half rolls then is back on her tummy... repeats this prob bout 5 times then rolls fully)

there was a yawn in there at some point... not her usual self tonight... something might be happening...?

thanks lol :D i have the nice leather chair set up with my ipod, some books, my laptop n of course a nice snuggly blanket cos it's freezing here tonight!! set up for an alnighter,,, come on Suzie, let it be worth it!!

Dont get too comfortable - you might drop off to sleep! LOL!!

Anna

Last edited by a moderator:
haha yeah i no lol thats what the music is for lol I cant sleep with my head phones in my ears lol so uncomfy, I told Dad I was staying in the study tonight he was like "there is no need for that dear, she will be fine" typical cattle breeder, lol she'll be right lol Dad really does care for Suzie lol I have caught him up checking the monitor in the middle of the night hehe.

It does sound exciting, I too wish we could see her we could sit up with you but never mind we can chat and that is great too (if only we could hold your hand) well I am sure Diane can, she has super powers and she is a witch!

As to your question each mare is different, I have one mare that gets a really long hooha (poor girl) and another that doesn't change in length but it gets puffy. I guess we will soon learn what your girls hooha does before foaling
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Fingers and toes crossed

Renee

Fingers crossed she is ready to let that baby out. I hope you get some good news tonight

false alarm
default_sad.png

she wants to cook that baby a little longer... much to my dissapointment lol but its my brothers birthday today and she must have heard him say "Cassie, Suzie is not allowed to have her foal on my birthday" grrr lol

she was doing all the signs and everything looking good, then at 12:30pm it just stopped... lol, and she was content for teh rest of the night.

Well I said if she didn't have the foal I would get marestare, so today I will look into it and get it set up, will let you girls now how it goes...

default_10_2_12.gif
a bit sleepy today lol, oh well. I will cope. she now has a deadline (though I 'm sure she won't listen to anything I will say about it. as long as she has it before the 1st of July I will be a happy girl
default_smile.png

If not... I'll never hear the end of it LOL
default_frusty.gif

Sorry for the false alarm everyone...

http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php?alias=kingspark

Suzie is on Mare stare!!! sorry if it isn't very good at the moment, will have a play with the camera tomorrow, but at least you can see her... don't think she will do anything tonight but she is on for all to see!!! :D let me know if she does anything :D

Going to get some sleep now if you see anything my mobile is 0419232062 a msg or quick call is fine :D

hope your excited to see my baby girl :D
wub.gif

According to internet you are 8 hours ahead of Italy so it should be 23.24 there now. Is that right?

Also, is the dialing code 0061 + 24 579 9387

Sorry but I need to be ready
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be about 2.00am there and she is down sternal right in the center of the screen. Good girl Suzie

She had a nice long sleep both sternal and out flat and now she is up and stood quietly

Latest posts

Back