Mare ready to foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's alright Renee, I'm sure your horses know how good they have it
default_yes.gif

Besides the conditions from place to place change. I may get gross weather but it's nothing my little beasties can cope with, now if it snowed they'd probably move into the house!
default_new_rofl.gif

Italy always looks and sounds so gorgeous..I did have a trip there last year with my husband we stayed in Bergamo ..so pretty the mountain tops all covered with snow in the distance but warm..we wore short sleeves the whole time we were there having some strange looks from the locals lol who all appeared to be dressed in ski type jackets scarves and wolly hats
default_unsure.png

Have you seen my place in the winter ?

Nah, you say you put up photos but all i see is a blank white space
default_wink.png
default_new_rofl.gif

Stuff the barn, my guys would move in with me! Baringa can undo the gates and door handles if he puts his mind to it
default_wacko.png
No way to stop them!

This is what I put up with:

2010006.jpg

This is 1 hour after I have cleaned an area for them to stretch their legs in:

2010008c.jpg

So pretty and just look at that blue sky with all that snow..if we get snow its grey..I bet its very cold but the pony looks well dressed
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
See, once again you say there are photos but all I see is this icky white stuff everywhere
default_risa_suelos.gif

Thanks guys you know I'm a worry wart like Renee
default_smile.png
she seems fine now n I have closed off the bottom half of her door yes she can still see over!!! So no draughts get in at night!! She was nice n dry but not too warm n not sweaty at all when I got home which was good!! I'm such a sook!! Smartie gets dressed up like a show horse with lots of rugs
default_smile.png
n he is allergic to flies in the summer so unless I'm washing or riding him its a very rare occasion for him not to have a rug on... In this cold weather penny also gets a cotton maybe a fleece n a waterproof on!!! Lol my ponies get spoilt!! But I love it!! Waited to long to get my first. Horse smartie so I intend to love them every minute :D

Ok noone has made any comments about my first post... Do you need me to explain or change anything? One of the marestare ladies said for me to put international codes on so I will do that tomorrow any others??

Going to sleep now... Night all!!'

Seems like you have it all under control Cassie..enjoy your holiday girl you need it after the last few months youv had
default_yes.gif
what will be will be
default_wub.png

LOL!! Renee - it looks like Wales last winter, from November until February, and that wonderful picture of Alby looks like the road over the mountain between my place and Cathy's (just had to hope you didn't meet something coming the other way!!)

And you do do things the same as me regarding wet horse - thatch plus a loose rug on top. It was the wrapping and doing up tightly/closely of one or two rugs on a wet horse with a 'long' coat that worried me - so difficult for that fine line between dryng and starting to sweat if air cant circulate round the edges of the rugs.

When I had stabled/working/competing big horses they were always rugged, even in Summer they wore sheets in the day and a rug at night (nights are colder than the days wherever you live and horses that are bathed and properly groomed dont have sufficient natural oils in their coats to keep them warm.) Nowadays with the minis, any that are clipped for the shows are rugged and any still clipped or with growing out coats are still kept stabled at nights and rugged all the way through the winter. They never get turned out to 'grow a winter coat' like some are, coz they will never make up enough growth to keep warm through the winters we have here.

Some winter pics for you.

December10038.jpg

December10037.jpg

December10026.jpg

December10018.jpg

December10016.jpg

Anna, those pictures are beautiful...sometimes I really miss the snow. I had always wanted to take Quahog up north in the winter just so I could see him play in it!! He was such a kid at heart...I know he would have never wanted to come in doors if he had all that snow to play in.

Like diane...I dont miss early AM and praying the car would start, or shoveling driveways/walkiways driving on ice covered roads but it sure was pretty waking up in the AM!!

Cassie, I too would like to join the "Great Mommy Cassie Brigade" your doing wonderfully with her, Smartie and Penny. Blanketing gets very confusing especially when temps drop and rise so quick then you get the damp wet snow..cripes you'd spend 1/2 your day out rubbing cooling warming..putting blankets on and taking off. IMO I would really try to never have to blanket and I think they would just adjust. That is if they were never soaking wet down to the bone LOL

Unlike Diane all horses here have blankets,sheets and coolers and slinkys. Only b/c when its really cold I just like the looks of seeing them all standing outside w/matching blankets. Very stupid reasoning but its me. But the problem is that I really have to be sure to get up early to remove blankets b/c they do get very warm rather fast under there. My blankets are not even the real heavy duty ones but are fine for the Florida kind of winters....believe me...maybe not snow but I am often freezing my tush in the wee hours!! Much unlike what you will be feeling next week in FIJI!!

Great snow pictures Anna we have it all to look forward to again soon..as we are on the snow pictures couldnt resist sharing this one.. BBRRRR

63468_1637165823512_1667744376_1510400_6046481_n.jpg

Lol love the snow pics everyone
default_smile.png

Anna, Renee n Diane.. N all you lovely people . Can you please tell me what you think of my first post!!! I can't leave TOMORROW with you girls confused or wanting to ask more questions... I am leaving at 4:30am tomorrow morning!!!!

So ask away any questions today if you please
default_smile.png

Fingers crossed that Suzie waits.

Lovely snow photos everyone, nice to look at but I'm so glad the closest I get to it is seeing it on the nearby mountains and no closer!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back