Maine AMHA and AMHR shows

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coopermini

Reaction score
Well Maine Miniature clubs first ever rated AMHR and AMHA shows went fairly well over the weekend. the weather certainly did not help us any. SAt was OK but Sunday was damp and got wetter. I do want to thank all our exhibitors for coming out. I also want to thank all our volunteers that helped all weekend. Bruce and Jenn you were awesome working the ring and gates both days! Brenda, Tom, Sandy, Lynn, Micheal, Taylor, Julie, and Gaylene and probably others I missed Thanks!. Missy did a fantastic job along with Pat (AKA Margret aka Susan Boyle), Jean, and Ginny. Our judges were great Karen Iverson put up with us for 2 days and still left in good spirits if not damp! Karen Cabic and Leslie Packard were great as well. Our sponsors and vendors certainly deserve some thanks for their support for the weekend!

Thanks Everyone

Mark

Shelly and I were there watching, from the car.
default_no.gif
We did see some beautiful horses though! Congratulations to everybody!

Hey Mark - great job on the weekend! Well, except for the unwelcome taste of 'ocean mist' (translation: monsoons).

Despite my whining at you all day about the weather, we had a great show, and hope that you hardy Maine folk will do this again.
default_smile.png
Wonderful job by all your staff!

We showed Saturday our first rated show ever with one handler who was only at her second show ever and though I personally dont enjoy shows I have to complement the Secretary of this show for all of her help and the great job from the booth making things move along so well. I also want to thank those who did the measuring for making this so painless. Karen Iverson was so very helpful and gave us courage to try this again , We went with the goal of learning new things and came home with each of us able to say we learned more than we would have believed. Aside from our halter mare deciding she wanted to be a jumping horse early in the morning by jumping out of her temporary stall and our Liberty boy refusing to be caught for the first time EVER it was a very good day and we are proud of the ribbons we were given. We entered 9 classes and ribboned in all but the one class we scratched because the yearling was being a butt head and Liberty which we are still stunned by. Thank you to MMHC for bringing this rated show to Maine and letting us compete against some of the best in the northeast.

Hello my Maineiacs~~

My Mom (AKA Margaret) and I really enjoyed meeting everyone from MMHC this weekend. I was pleased that everyone seemed to have a great weekend at the show. We could have had better weather but we certainly had a successful show for all the first timers!!!! I really want to thank everyone who helped and Mark for asking me to manage these shows. I can not wait to come back and spend time in Maine again~~ it's not a bad drive!!!

Missy

We had a FANTASTIC time in Maine! thanks to all of the Maine Mini members for making us feel welcome! A special thanks to Mark Cooper for making sure that everything in the barn area was in working order! Our stalls were comfortable and the barn was so clean! Of course, the rain on sunday was a bummer, but we survived.... Didn't have to build an ark, but that was the next step! Hopefully this show will happen again next year.... We will most certainly be back!!!

Missy did a fantastic job managing the show, as usual, and Margaret/Susan was a HOOT!
default_smile.png
Jean did a great job announcing too!!!

Thanks again for everything!!!!

Great job MMHC on the first rated shows in Maine! We showed at the R show.

Thank you to the members that worked so hard before and during the

show to make it a success!!
default_aktion033.gif

Missy was fantastic, everything went so smooth.

The judges couldn't have been better - so friendly and encouraging!

All the exhibitors were so nice.

My gelding Crystal Ridge Carousel Royale and I came home with

the Champion High Point Amateur A Award ! That was fun !

Can't wait for next year !! Hopefully next year the weather will be better(wouldn't take much!) and we can make it to the A show too.

Cathy

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job Missy, as usual! I had a blast showing Kristina's horses, and after being with her and Kirby for the day I have a new appreciation for humor . . .

I was blamed for the rain, but I wanted to set the record straight that it was already raining when I got there, and on the way. I figure it will only make us appreciate the sun so much more, that is when we see it again . . . . . are we going to see it again?

No, Matt. We're never gonna see the sun again. I have forgotten what it looks like. My sunscreen has expired. My sunglasses are covered with dust. I've worn shorts twice. sigh

Anyway.... I showed on Saturday and I guess I'm glad I missed Sunday. We had humidity but nothing fell from the sky.

Had a good time. My stallion was a huge butthead and apparently showing is too much stimulation for him. So his wish is going to be granted and he'll be a pasture boy with occassional dates. He's such a good boy at home. But even the Vicks didn't help.

The judges were so nice! Talked to us, encouraged us, explained an unusual genetic color thing, didn't throw me out when I went in with the wrong number! sigh

I hope we can do the shows again next year! What a blessing to not have to drive 10 hours to a show!!!

Thanks again to everyone!

Matt I guess you are off the hook for the gentle "mist" that fell most of the day.

Looking to try it again next year.

Mark

Back