AMHA/AMHR Registration questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roxy's_mom

Reaction score
Hello! I have a few questions on registration stuff for AMHA/AMHR. I was traded two yearling stud colts this weekend for a donkey that I had for sale. Both stud colts are application only for both registries.

My questions:

1) What if there are mistakes on the applications that were done by the previous owner like color and/or markings, will the registration departments fix the mistakes once they look at the pictures or will they send the application back to me to have it redone and sent back?

2) There were no transfer papers signed for the AMHR registry papers - contacted owner about this, was told by him that since I'm the first owner on the papers that I won't need a transfer done - this doesn't sound right to me, shouldn't I have a transfer signed by that person saying the horse needs to be in my name now?

3) We will be putting these horses in my name and also my fiance's name - will we have to pay for another membership for my fiance since he's not a member of either registry and will one tranfer fee cover both our names?

Thanks for any help with my questions! This is the first time I've had to deal with sending in just applications on horses, most of the time the horse has already been registered and all I have to do is the transfer!

Becky M.

I can't answer all your questions, but I'm pretty sure on #2... You need the signed transfer, as the breeder is the original owner (if the seller isn't the breeder, then you need transfers from both). [i bought one of my horses with AMHA papers and AMHR application and I needed a transfer for the AMHR application (the breeder is listed as the first owner, even though I'm the one who sent in his papers). Ok, looked it up, it cost me $90 to have him registered; $45 for membership, $30 for registration of yearling and $15 for transfer.]

I would call both registries........they're all very helpful. Some of the problems you may face is that the dam and sire are both AMHA/AMHR - that the previous owner filed a stallion report or you have a breeder's certificate. Be patient. It can be complicated.......but not impossible to register the two colts. The offices can walk you through the process and tell you what you will need.

Best of luck!

Back