Lucky C Acres is proud and excited to introduce:

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
Finally on day 358 our Yellow Diamond Little Feather granddaughter decided it was time to give in and show us our most anticipated foal of the season!

Sire: On The Rise Farm Sky Eyes Eagle (Black Varnish Roan Overoloosa)

Skylope.jpg

Dam: Iles Little Lacey (Grulla Varnish Snowcap)

LaceyAxel.jpg

And introducing LuckyCAcres Sky's Nighthawk AKA Vader:

105_3185.jpg

You can see the striping on his legs

105_3186.jpg

105_3188.jpg

105_3192.jpg

His dorsal, I had to lighten the picture up because it was too dark, his stripe is very difinitive in person but is faded in his blanket, but his tail head is very black

105_3193.jpg

105_3187.jpg

So what color is he? Black? Grulla? ???
default_wub.png
:

He is adorable and his color is so neat!

I do not think he's a grullo because the "dorsal" is too indestinct, and looks like counter shading. The leg marks you see in dun factored horses are on the front legs. See what I mean on the dorsal by looking at my stallion, DunIT, as a newborn. DunIT is a grey-grullo.

Whatever your new boy's color is properly / technically called, I can at least identify it as very cool :bgrin

DunIT--%20newborn%20--%201.jpg

PS -- DunIT is a Yellow Diamond Little Feather grandson on the bottom (and BTU grandson on the top), great grandson of Egyptian King... So he is kin to your mare and colt thru Yellow Diamond Little Feather
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jill, I have no idea either on his color.. When he was wet the dorsal stuck out like a sore thumb lol but as he dried it started to fade.. Whatever color he is he's going to look sharp especially if he has his mom and dad's movement too!
default_wub.png
:

Congrats!! I have been following your mare closely and hope that my mare gets the hint!!!! Except I want the OTHER kind of spots (Pinto). Nice foal anyway, and worth the wait. But I do not want my mare to go 358 days!!!

CONGRATULATIONS! I think he is black and I think he is going to either roan out or leopard out REAL FAST!! I bet you can't wait to clip this boy out!

Congratulations!! He is a nice looking fellow. Your wait is finally over!! Lucky gal. tee hee.

Your wait is finally over!! Lucky gal. tee hee.
Hehe yep! No more marestare for the year, can actually get some sleep now!!

Now just to get the girls back in foal..
default_wacko.png
:

He's cute! I'm going to say he is a grullo. The leg barring is on both front and rear on dun horses. His stripe looks really dark up by his withers but does look to fade where his blanket is and where he is roaning. His head looks a tad darker than his body too. I'm betting he varnishes like his momma.
default_yes.gif
:

I am seeing many colors of foals being born with a dorsal that are not duns- and the dorsal would be VERY dark like on Jill's foal. To be a grulla he would also have the primitive leg stripes and I dont see those. He will be interesting when he sheds out! Looks like he is going to have white clear up to his head! Interesting! Ok, we want pics when he sheds or gets clipped out! Congrats- see they saved the best for last, LOL

I don't know what color he is, but I do know he was worth the wait! :aktion033: He's a beauty!
default_wub.png
:

I think he might have simular coloring to my boy except mine is a pinto/paint i dunno which. I think that he'll look something like this

May1605.jpg

that is poncho this pic was taken about 3 years ago he's so pretty shedded out but his year i clipped him and he looks silly (my first clip job)i really don't know what color he is either

Congratulations on your new appaloosa colt! Definitely worth the wait! We own your colt's great-grandfather!
default_smile.png

Pam C.

Woooo Hooooooo nothing like saving the best til last! What a way to end your foaling season! Congratulations!!!!!

Dawn :saludando:

Big Congrats!!!! What a flashy little appy boy! He was worth the wait for sure. We have a Yellow Diamond Little Feather daughter and granddaughter so some relatives here too. In fact we are waiting on the daughter to still foal this year. Now u can sleep!!! :bgrin :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back