Color for registration

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
This is our 2007 varnish/snowcap appy colt.. Sire is black varnish near leopard overloosa and dam is a grulla varnish snowcap.. Need to get his registration sent in, but not sure what to put as his color, stuck between black or grulla.. He does have leg barring and shoulder shading, only lacks the dorsal (which he was born with) but could be hidden with his snowcap.. In person he has a blue tint to him and his mane/tail are jet black.. These aren't the best shots of him, but it's been way too hot to turn horses out.. Hopefully it cools down some so I can get him washed and get his registration pictures done.. *sigh*

100_0220.jpg

100_0204.jpg

100_0201.jpg

I would list him as a grulla varnish roan, if that's allowed. It's basically what he is right?

That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure if AMHR would take grulla on him since he lacks the dorsal
default_wacko.png
:

I would send in a photo of him as a baby to show it was there. I don't think they mind extra photos if it helps determine color.

That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure if AMHR would take grulla on him since he lacks the dorsal
default_wacko.png
:
Sure worth a try! Hey, remember -- this is one of the registries, you're talking about -- What do THEY know about COLOR?!
default_wink.png
:

MA

I would just say Bay Appaloosa. If "Varnish" is available to add, then I would add that, too.

Andrea

Latest posts

Back