Quantcast

Introducing Lucky C Acres first 2008 foal!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
Not the greatest pictures as mom/dad was pressed for time to get down here for graduation stuff.. My sister is staying home to look after mom/baby and to watch our other mare who's due anytime now..

Sire:

On The Rise Farm Sky Eyes Eagle, black based near leopard overoloosa son of C-Chief Proud Eagle

Dam:

Hunt House Farm Chantilly Lace, silver dapple pintaloosa daughter of NFCS REVEREND STEVE

And mr. no name:

hairicane

Reaction score
Well I never would have expected him out of those parents
He
sure has pretty spots, just not the kind I expected,LOL.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
Who guess right on the foal?
The previous owner of the mare (Windwalker on here) was the closest with her guess

I think he's a Holstein.
hehe too funny, having grown up on a Holstein dairy farm those black and whites are very familiar
Though it's been 10 years since we had cattle lol

Well I never would have expected him out of those parents He sure has pretty spots, just not the kind I expected,LOL.
We were quite surprised, though I knew the majority of the mare's previous foals were heavily pinto marked (out of solid, pinto and appy stallions) Her only appy foal was out of a solid stallion lol Will have to check him over tomorrow when I get to see him in person to see if he has appy traits or not..

ontherisefarm

Reaction score
Congrats on your new little man ! Definitely not what I would have expected but he is darling...I just wanna give that snip on his nose a kiss..LOL
Congrats again on Sky's new baby....

Lost Spoke Ranch

Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! What a little cutie you have there! I can feel your enthusiasm and hope the rest of your foaling season goes so well and as colorful.

Dawn

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!! I got to meet him in person today and oh my is he ever CUTE!! Couldn't find any mottling on him, hooves are not striped and I don't think he has the sclera, sooo pintaloosa bred but may not have picked up the app gene, time will tell.. Here's a couple pics of him outside: