Lot's of mini babies posted on rescue site!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indy's mom

Reaction score
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, wasn't sure. Please move it if it is.

Another Chance For Horses Rescue has a bunch of Mini babies and some preggo mares posted. They are bought up by a kill buyer at auction and then this rescue tries to find them humane buyers before they ship off! This is how I got my rescue mare Freedom! Check them out! Maybe they would make a deal for someone who could take them all(?) Poor babies!!!

Here's the link

http://www.ac4h.com/BrokerOwnedProgram.htm

That breaks my heart. Wish I had more money and room, I'd take them all. Poor little souls, they all deserve a loving human of their own.

poor things! i cried when i saw them
default_no.gif
i'm buying the grade possibly pregnant mare#11-3-04, the grey filly #11-3-16, and the chestnut filly with the small star #11-3-20. i just couln't stand to see them go. do you know that all the foals came from the same place? a place called Maple Lane Stables(please tell me if i'm not aloud to post the farm name). i wouldn't be surprised if the pregnant mare i'm getting also came from them!

I have not clicked on this site, and will not click on this site. This subject comes up periodically.

Kill buyers DO NOT buy poor little Mini babies. It is not worth their effort. HOWEVER, some people do breed poor quality Minis and people advertise them as rescues and get more money for iniferior quality than you can buy a show quality foal for on the LB sales board or any of several reputable auctions around the country. When you buy the type of Minis described in this post, you are not solving the problem, you are perpetuating it. My opinion. I know some will not agree.

I have not clicked on this site, and will not click on this site. This subject comes up periodically.
Kill buyers DO NOT buy poor little Mini babies. It is not worth their effort. HOWEVER, some people do breed poor quality Minis and people advertise them as rescues and get more money for iniferior quality than you can buy a show quality foal for on the LB sales board or any of several reputable auctions around the country. When you buy the type of Minis described in this post, you are not solving the problem, you are perpetuating it. My opinion. I know some will not agree.
Well, I am sorry that you feel that way as this is a very reputable rescue group that goes directly to the auctions and posts pictures of the horses that the kill buyers buy up!!!! They are not lying and trying to take your money! I have been involved in it first hand and for you to say otherwise is disturbing!!!! This is not the case here!

These horses come through the disgusting, abusive New Holland Auction and these particular horses were unlucky enough to be bought by a kill buyer/broker! He will then bring the horses home with him, he gives them one week to sell out of his stable and then whatever doesn't sell ships to slaughter! There are people on here that can attest that some contries find miniature meat a delicasie!!

Last winter 30 Mini broodmares came through in the same manner and bought up by the same kill buyer. We worked fast to buy 5 of the mares, as we were trying to raise more money to pull more we got the news that the rest had shipped to Puerto Rico! No one is going to tell me that I am perpetuating the problem by saving my mare, Freedom! She is a gorgeous, well bred mare that gave me a gorgeous, correct colt! I would be happy to send you the video of the 30 mares at auction!!

Everyone has their own opinions on this kind of stuff but for someone to try to prevent these little ones from being rescued is beyond me! They didn't ask for this and they sure deserve a good home! They are not looking to be the ones that someone is going to prove a point with, they just want to get the heck out of there!

Ok understand the 'intent' but did you notice the asking price on these foals? WOW maybe I should start a rescue on my own weanlings.

AGAIN like the intent but at barely 50 pounds, doubt a slaughter plant is where they are heading.

Well, I am sorry that you feel that way as this is a very reputable rescue group that goes directly to the auctions and posts pictures of the horses that the kill buyers buy up!!!! They are not lying and trying to take your money! I have been involved in it first hand and for you to say otherwise is disturbing!!!! This is not the case here!

These horses come through the disgusting, abusive New Holland Auction and these particular horses were unlucky enough to be bought by a kill buyer/broker! He will then bring the horses home with him, he gives them one week to sell out of his stable and then whatever doesn't sell ships to slaughter! There are people on here that can attest that some contries find miniature meat a delicasie!!

Last winter 30 Mini broodmares came through in the same manner and bought up by the same kill buyer. We worked fast to buy 5 of the mares, as we were trying to raise more money to pull more we got the news that the rest had shipped to Puerto Rico! No one is going to tell me that I am perpetuating the problem by saving my mare, Freedom! She is a gorgeous, well bred mare that gave me a gorgeous, correct colt! I would be happy to send you the video of the 30 mares at auction!!

Everyone has their own opinions on this kind of stuff but for someone to try to prevent these little ones from being rescued is beyond me! They didn't ask for this and they sure deserve a good home! They are not looking to be the ones that someone is going to prove a point with, they just want to get the heck out of there!

Latest posts

Back