Lost our first foal of 2008

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minie812

Reaction score
default_no.gif
Well I went out to feed after breakfast this morning and Poco our black mare was thin and I went looking and found her baby colt-froze-. he came three weeks early. She was starting to bag and experienced mare but this happen fast. Perfect little colt-smokey black with a blaze and snip-perfectly formed-plenty of hair and 18" cannon bone. He would have been our first by our Buckeroo Grandson and we had waited four years for this cross...exactly as I had hoped for...so with all else that has happened in the last 3 weeks with the storm damage and house damage and now this...well all I can say is...S---!

I"m so sorry, I hope things turn around for you soon, in fact, right now!! Sounds like you deserve some good luck!

I'm so sorry for your loss!
default_sad.png
These mares really are unpredictable sometimes.
default_sad.png

[SIZE=12pt]I'm so sorry for your loss
default_no.gif
I'm saying a prayer and hoping that this is the very end of your bad run of luck
default_yes.gif
. My heart goes out to you. Don't let this get you down, things will get better
default_wink.png
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]With warm thoughts and hugs,[/SIZE]

Joy

im so sorry. Its so devastating to wait all that time and then have it go wrong at the end. sending good wishes your way

My sympathies on the loss of your little guy -- it's heartbreaking.

I know.......saying "I'm sorry" isn't enough.........but I am. Hope your little mare is okay both emotionally and physically.
default_sad.png

So sorry about the loss of your colt - but when you say he was three weeks early - what day of gestation was he at?

[SIZE=12pt]Judy, I am so sorry, I hope Poco is ok......
default_no.gif
[/SIZE]

default_sad.png
Im very sorry, As just losing my only foal of the year a filly, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your mare.

-Kris

Latest posts

Back