Lost filly foal tonight photos of my sweet filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry to hear about what you and your mare have gone through. Unfortunately, I know only too well what you have experienced as we lost a foal last year in a very similar situation. And we had lost both our foals the year before. We did not re-breed Sox on the foal heat, but waited another cycle when she stayed in heat for a full 2 weeks!! But we kept breeding her, and she did settle and is due next month, just one day off from her 2009 due date. Of course I am a nervous wreck....

I'm so sorry!
default_crybaby.gif

These things some times happens, no matter how hard we try. It has happened to me too and it hurts so bad! {{{{Hugs}}}}

Give your mare a hug!!

Don't give up.

Sorry about your loss filly..
default_sad.png

We did lost one foal last year and I cried all night too.. Things just happened and we have to move forward and expect to have a GOOD one and keep FAITH in God.
default_smile.png

My prayers are with you all!

God Bless! (((HUGS)))

I am so very very sorry for your loss and heartache.

The pictures of your sweet angel are beautiful.

Since the vet gave the "OK"..... Perhaps you might wait a heat-cycle, and then breed her again. (Sounds like your mare loves being a Mom.)

My heart is with you.

So sorry for your loss Melissa.. I know how much you were looking forward to having a little one to play with.. Unfortunately things like this happen and no matter how hard we try to make sense of it, we can't and we're left with the heartache and "what ifs"
default_sad.png
Just know that you and the vet did all that you could to save the little one, it just wasn't meant to be.. Thankfully your mare is alive and fine, so focus your care/love on her to help heal your heart..

I am so sorry for your loss..she was beautiful! We lost one this morning..so sad

Thanks you all

I went back to work today

I have cried so much it has made me sick

I have the what ifs and why going

I can't sleep because I see me trying to have her

how do I get the bad picture out of my head

I feel like I felled my mare and the foal

I dream of her runing I taught when I woke up it would have just been bad dream

fancy is doing as well as can be missing her foal

fancy is with her daughter mia so that helps

why why me

I know how everyone who lost during or after birth feels

I pray hopefully next year she will have live foal without problems

I'm sorry!! She looks so much like the colt we lost last year at about 305 days.. Almost the same color and markings.
default_sad.png

Breeding minis is not for everyone. That's why I have never done it, I could not bear the heartache of losing a foal and/or a mare. It would be devastating
default_no.gif

Last edited:
Back