Looking for Opinions on Transporter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used All State for transport? I've just bought a new horse and thought I had transport sorted out, but may be able to get a deal with this company as the seller has another horse going to near the same place mine is going. I'd love opinions, good or bad, by PM.

Also, if anyone has references on any of the following, that would also be great, as these are my other options.:

Hauled Wright

Miniature Ventures

Eqqus

I haven't heard anything bad about any of these companies, but if anyone has anything I should know about, I would appreciate a heads up.

Thanks very much!

Of the 4 you mention, I only have experience with All State and Miniature Ventures and both were excellent :)

Susan O.

I have used All State and Hauled Wright, both are excellent.

I have only heard great things about Miniature Ventures from close friends.

I haven't heard of Eqqus.

Andrea

I have used All State, GREAT COMPANY, and Miniature Ventures is picking up on Tuesday so will let you know.

All-state has hauled horses out of my farm 5-6 times, no complaints at all, they are very good!!!!!!!!..........Hauled Wright hauled 1 time and I was very pleased with them also.........

Another I have used and I recommend are Sharrway.

Good Luck! :saludando:

Last edited by a moderator:
I used Hauled Wright last year and was very happy with them.

I cannot say enough good things about Denise Ward and her business: TLC Lightfoot Hauling, Washington, Indiana. Phone: 812-259-5675, 812-254-3291, Email: [email protected]. Serving nationwide USA

I've seen her three ways: dropping off a horse for a client, GA to KS; shipping a weanling from KS to WA coast and then she brought a gelding from CO to KS for me. She is honest, authentic and a fine horsewoman to boot. Provides personal care and absolutely keeps in touch with you every step of the way. My own gelding seemed to be stressing early on during his trip- it was bitter, bitter cold- she phoned me, shared her observations then told me what supplies she had on board for treatments. I told her which product to give him and 9 hours later I was kissing the nose of the gelding who had done fine due to her great care.

Good luck! Sorry, I just love Denise and am thrilled at any chance to recommend her!

We have used Allstate Horse Express exclusively for years.. We recommend them to all of our clients for shipping.. They have always been the most reasonable shippers available to us. They keep us informed and have two drivers on at all times which is very important to me when hiring a shipper. I encourage everyone with the expense of shipping now, ask them for a quote!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
all state did an awesome job for me. They hauled my little guy from texas a while ago in January(routed through their hub in colorado). since it was winter, and cold out, and his head and neck were clipped for sale pics, they made him a stall up in the dressing room, so his little face wouldn't freeze.

We used All State to have a Mare in Foal brought to us it was from Pa to NJ not a really long trip but they were great I would reccomend them.

Have also used Sharrway for a trip from WI to NJ for a Mare and foal they were also great. and very easy to communicate with during the trip

Lori

I have only used Hauled Wright and they were great. I would use them again.

When I sold my anglo-trakehner mare the people who bought her used All State and the shipper was very nice, asked what the mare needed doctoring wise as she had injured her foot a few weeks before, thus putting off shipping until her 10 days of peniclin were done. I gave them the creme for her leg and they doctored her the whole way down, she was going to Alabama from Quebec. She arrived in great shape, was a little lame as she was on the trailer a day longer than was planned due to problems at the border which I had to leave work to help get her accross. After being out for about half a day with some soaks to the leg with a hose she was fine. And yes the vet had given the ok to ship her.

We used Allstate last year when we had two horses shipped, one from Colorado and one from Texas. They combined the trip and delivered both horses on the same transporter. My guy from Colorado didn't look too hot, but it was the hottest week of the year and five days on any transporter would have done the same thing to him. I feel bad that I had him shipped that week.

I would use Allstate again.

I have used Hauledwright 3 times, very satisfied, Sharwayy was good, heard only good things about mini ventures. I have only heard good things about All State, never shipped with them as I didn't want my horse(s) layed over at thier Colorado location till they had a load coming out west. Very happy that they were honest and upfront about it! I would think any of the 3 would be a good choice, never heard of Eqqus.

I have used All-State and would use them again. They were GREAT to deal with and the horse arrived in his new home in as good of shape as when he left :aktion033:

Jen

We have used All State Horse Express for hauling most of our horses that we had bought out of state and we have recommended them to all our clients as well for transporting. They have been wonderful to deal with, both Karen and Barbara at the offices and the dispatch department. We have them listed on our links page on our web site for people to view and to contact them for quoting as well. All State was just at our place two weeks ago picking up two mares that we had sold to deliver to Eden Vermont for a client of ours and they made it there without any down time due to the wintery weather that we were dealing with here in Pa let alone all the snowfall and ice in upper New York State and Vermont areas. We have contacted various companies for quotes for transporting and they are tough to beat their prices and they make a trip to the east coast twice a month as well.

How hard is it going to be for me to find a shipper from California to Michigan :eek:
default_rolleyes.gif
: Or Buffalo New york ,
default_unsure.png
:
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back