Looking for 16 in. wheels

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izmepeggy

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find 16in. wheels for a Mini cart? My cart sits up too high and if I can't find smaller wheels to lower it I am going to have to sell my cart,which I am reluctant to do.I love my cart but I have come to the conclusion it sits up too high which makes the shafts higher.It has 48 in. shafts and 20 in. wheels but I have to have the tugs all the way up on my 33 in. Mini,and still feel like it's not balanced.

Before you go to smaller weels, try this. Often the axle is mounted below the cart frame tube and fastened with "U" bolts. From your picture it is a little difficult to tell, but I think this is the case. If you can remount the axle on top of the cart frame tube, you can lower the entire cart as much as an inch or more and still retain the use of the larger wheels.

If you do need to go to smaller wheels, try Northern Tool or Gemplers, but be sure the wheels you get are sturdy and have bearings that will accommodate the axle you currently have.

Good Luck.

Thank you for your reply.. I checked Northern tools and everywhere else I can think of,,The cart axle is attached to the C spring and I don't think that would drop it enough..I decided just to list it for sale..

Back