Look what a little horse poop can do!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyn_j

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Here is a pic of one of the roses we planted beside our entrance 6 years ago.... last year I put the used shavings etc from the stalls along the flower bed or rather the INTENDED flower bed. Guess my roses love the poop![/SIZE]

eeed4495.jpg

This rose is from my daughters wedding. We call it Katies Rose because we couldnt find flowers the right color of peach and we were doing our own arrangements, when we found this plant at a garden center, we bought 6 plants, cut the flowers off to use and then gave one plant to each mother and grandmother in both families. That was 5 years ago this June... It has been bloming here ever since. Lots more flowers since we did the shavings last year. So many that it was bending over from the wt of the blooms!

eeed43b6.jpg
eeed42ef.jpg

They really are more peach colored than the pink that they look here.

Thanks for letting me share.

Lyn

Oh pretty! :aktion033: I love peach roses. Do they smell? Hard to find the smelly ones anynore.

[SIZE=14pt]Yes Deb they smell alot! Very sweet when the window is open it is all natural air freshner. The peach ones smell alot more than the red and white striped ones.[/SIZE]

Lyn

They are beautiful Lyn! I love Roses! I just bought 4 rose bush plants the other day. I hope mine grow as nice as yours has!

How beautiful Lyn! We built up our entire landscaping at our previous place with poop and old bedding. Roses loved it! And talk about a vegetable garden! WOW.

Those are Jackson and Perkins picture roses! Just don't tell them your secret. :lol:

MA

Oh I love roses and those are so beautiful and healthy!!! I wish I could grow them like that...but mine always end up with these nasty beatles eating them all up no matter what I spray on them. I just don't have luck with them. We have the little wild rose bushes that seem to come up everywhere tho and smell miles away...guess I could be satisfied with them....but I want the beautiful dark red rose bush like the one I had before the bugs got to it!!!! :517: (Ok where's that crybaby smiley?)

Lyn

They are just beautiful and we have used composted manure and shavings for years instead of purchased mulch. And a 13 year old pile is what my husband calls my special dirt. It is now rich humus soil. Any new plantings get that special dirt in the bottom of the hole,I am just starting to try to landscape around the house where we are now. I had it all done at the house Jodi now lives in but just means I get to buy some new plants for awhile now.

Mix alittle dawn dish detergent w/ water in a spray bottle and coat the rose leaves well, this will keep those beetles at bey.

Wow those are so pretty and healthy looking!!!! We composted poop and hay from the barn around our scotch bonnet pepper tree (which is our favorite plant here) a few weeks ago and it is now COVERED in new peppers, Yep its a happy plant!

Latest posts

Back