Local Club Questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle@wescofarms

Reaction score
Our local AMHR Club is working on expanding member involvement, recuiting & retention of members, etc., so I'm trying to find out if everyone would share what makes there club successful?

Specificlaly what made you join, keeps you a member - what do you brag about or encourage new people to join? Is it the shows, the comraderie, fun events, promptional value ???

Also if your club does any great events, fun things (horse or non horse related) - just generally trying to find out what everyone on here likes (or dislikes) about their local clubs or what they think a local club can do or should do for their members.

All input is welcome!!

What do I like about our club, the MHCO? EVERYTHING!!! :bgrin We provide our club members as well as other interested persons with shows both sanctioned and schooling, educational seminars both inhand and in classroom, social days sans horses, fun days for people and horses, group pleasure drives and anything else that the members have indicated an interest in. We have an awesome website at www.mhco.ca (or click on the link in my signature) run by the totally awesome Eve Dexter that keeps everyone informed about our events and members and allows us to advertise very successfully as individuals as well as promote the club and its members. We also do our best to educate the public about Miniature Horses by taking booths at as many large events such as the Royal, CanAm, etc as we can afford to. We have fundraisers such as draws, clinics and advertising opportunities. We have an awesome, although small, group of very dedicated volunteers that keep the club going in the right direction and put a lot of time, energy and love into it. It is a wonderful way of getting together with like minded Mini lovers in a somewhat structured but very enjoyable way!

Latest posts

Back