LKF foaling seminar- update IM GOING!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holly at WhiteTailsMinis

Reaction score
Hey everyone just wondering who is going to the foaling seminar on the 27th??? I am sooooo hoping that I can go. I missed it last year. I had to stay behind and watch the mares in foal. I would love to go this year. Not only to learn but to also see our new Buckeroo daughters that are there foaling out! If I do get the chance to go I will be wearing a shirt with my name and farm name on it.

Hoping to meet some of the forum family there. ( if I can go ). I dont know how my mother-in-law will do with out me being there? LOL

WHOO HOO I AM GOING I AM GOING!! MY DEAR HUSBAND SAID YES WE CAN GO!!! IM SO DANG ON EXCITED. Now just pray that Marlene doesnt have to deliever any foals while I am gone.

FINGERS CROSSED

Last edited by a moderator:
default_saludando.gif
Hello Holly, I have reservations to go and I am sooooo excited, BUT now my mare is looking like she may be close to foaling, so if she foals before then(and all is well) I will be there with bells on(not bells literally).
default_biggrin.png

I really wish I could go but I have a maiden mare due anytime whom I am closely watching, can't afford the transport and I have college to attend to anyways.
default_wacko.png
Maybe I will get to go next year. . .(wishful thinking)

My mother and I will be there again this year .... I can hardly..........We are counting the days. As to what to wear, depends on the weather...last year it was chilly in the morning, so wear layers.

I'll be there again this year! I went last year and it was SUPER!!!
default_biggrin.png
I have a couple mares that may be foaling about then, but Im only a few hours away so luckily will only be gone for the day.

Oooh Holly,

Take notes...I wish I could go but I have a mare that is hopefully going to foal by this weekend, another due now and 2 more due in 10 days.... I am going NO PLACE right now.

Have to get a sitter to go to the grocery store every once in a while.

Someday, over the rainbow... maybe.

it's killing me not going - but I went last year and left Holly home on foal watch so it's her turn. LOL While we there last year Holly had a preemie foal born here and did an awesome job on her own!

We had hoped to leave the men home in charge and us go together - but we don't trust them THAT much! LOL They won't loose sleep watching over them like us. I'm anxious for Holly to see LKF and meet everyone! And I sure hope I don't have any foals here on my own without her! LOL I count on her way too much I know! LOL

I know it'll be a great learning experience for all - enjoy!

Hey Robin et al ..... plan something good in the fall and winter won't ya? Isn't there a time of no babies, no breeding and no shows? Everybody would show up then! LOL Who wouldn't mind being snowed in with Buckeroo and the rest of them? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I could go and just get to meet everyone on the forum
default_biggrin.png
but have to hang out here as I have mares with THE LOOK
default_new_shocked.gif

I'm really hoping to go probably about 75% sure. I need to get final pproval from wife - I'll have to promise not to buy any horses!

I'm really hoping to go probably about 75% sure. I need to get final pproval from wife - I'll have to promise not to buy any horses!
I just got the OK from my husband! We are going!!! I sooooo cant even wait. This next week is going to go by soo slow. When every other week flys by!!

Attwoode I hope you get the fina approval from your wifey!!!

Thats great Holly.......... Now all you have do do - like me- is make LIST and Lists as well as premeasure and label grain.

Don't forget to set our a small first aid kit, 'just in case'....better to be safe than sorry.

Thats great Holly.......... Now all you have do do - like me- is make LIST and Lists as well as premeasure and label grain.
Don't forget to set our a small first aid kit, 'just in case'....better to be safe than sorry.
Thanks for the tips. But I dont have to worry about any of that. As Marlene is my mother in law and we are partners in this. She knows exactly what to do and how to feed them. We are together almost 24-7 taking care of all the horses. We take turns going places during foaling season so that one of us is there at all times. Just to be on the safe side.

But I thank you for your suggestions.

I need to remember to make plans for next year! How cool! Keep us posted!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back