Linda Best Benefit Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

Paul and the children do plan on attending the show. Courtney & Kim want to show in honor of their mother. They are such amazing kids.

Sue

I'm planning to bring at least 3 horses.

And I'm investigating a donation for a raffle or something. I don't really bake
default_rolleyes.gif

[SIZE=10pt]Hey Makayla![/SIZE]

I will be there in spirit, but not in person. I'd love to send a donation for "entry fees" that I would have paid if I could attend. Can you tell me who to make a check out to, and where to send it?

You are so sweet to help out Linda's family!

Karen :eek:)

Makayla, We will be there with 2 horses, the ribbons, trophies, and some raffle prizes. We will be arriving on Sat to spend the night. Perhaps we will see you on Sat.

Well, my horse won't be there. My farrier isn't comming for a week. I'm not sure I'll be there either. My leg is killing me from getting kicked last week. But, I'll be making cookies and brownies and sending some canned goods with Shelly if I don't go.

For everyone who would like to participate in our "Virtual Horse Show" (that's if you cannot attend the show, but would like to send a donation for the amount of classes you would go in) please send your donation to:

Ribbons for Linda

c/o Kennebunk Savings Bank

P.O. Box 1880

Ogunquit, Me 03907

Thank you!

Makayla

Joyce, sorry about your little guy not getting trimmed and your sore leg. I hope you feel better soon. We will miss you.

For anyone that is coming if you have a folding table that you could bring that would be great!

Thanks!

Sue

[SIZE=10pt]Thank you, Makayla![/SIZE]

My "virtual" entries are in the mail today!

I hope everyone who had the priviledge of knowing Linda can find it in their hearts to "enter" the show in Linda's honor.

I just have to comment on how AMAZING this show was. Everything flowed SO smoothly, and was flawless. Lunch was delicious, the raffle items and silent auction items were all very nice, and it was so nice to see so many to come out to support the Best family! Courtney and Kim were amazing, Courtney showed right up to the very last class, bad ankle and all. Both took on the day with poise and grace, and the entire family was there sharing this day with us.

The horses looked great, the exhibitors were great, the judge was wonderful and I was truly moved by the whole experience. HUGE Thank You to Makayla and Sue for letting me be a part of it. What a strong and absolutely wonderful testament to the life of Linda Best!!

AWESOME JOB, EVERYONE!

Jodi

I'm thinking Makayla could pull off a Linda Best Memorial Show on a yearly basis!!

I second exactly what Jodi said! We had a great time!!! We brought 5 horses and had a blast. There were alot of new faces there that I had never shown against before and alot of nice horses!!! You guys did a great job to make sure everything flowed as smooth as it did. The prizes were great and there were tons of great raffles too. I saw the photographer taking lots of pictures, so I keep checking her website, waiting for them to be posted. I thought the show was very well run and we had a blast! It was the perfect first show of the year
default_biggrin.png

~Jen~

I had a wonderful time at the show..everything was superbly presented and the show went on all day without a flaw!!!!! GREAT JOB SUE, MAKAYLA and DAVID!!!!! It was great seeing everyone and I also think an annual LINDA BEST MEMORIAL SHOW would be terrific!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
The Carpenter family
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
did a great job with the show. We had a wonderful day meeting the Maine group of people. The only draw back from a great day was the extra long ride home. It took us 4 1/2 with the rain and then we hit heavy winds. We would do it again. Yes I agree we should make this an annual event if possible. I still have enough ribbons from the Maple E club to do at least 3 more shows. Lizzie and Tori enjoyed themselves and you might see us back in ME for one of your other shows this year.

[SIZE=10pt]Hi All,[/SIZE]

Thank you so much for all your kind words! The benefit show went very well. We had so many great items donated to help the cause. Raffle items, prizes, silent auction items, and baked goods are just a small portion of those donated items. There were also necessity baskets made for the Best family.

Our judge, Paulajean O'neil, was very enthusiastic about the cause.

We had a total of 38 horses at the show. We had many spectators who had never seen a horse show before, let alone miniature horses. It was a great way for them to be introduced to them. We had a wide range of exhibitors. Some were well seasoned handlers and for some the benefit show was their first show. It was a great way to mix both the "old" and the "new." The largest class was liberty with 15 horses. It was very fun to watch.

For lunch we had pizza, chips, drinks, and a large assortment of baked goods. We had a surplus of food by the end of lunch, so that got sent home with the Bests as well.

I'm very happy with how well the show went and the generousity of people. We've gotten some very large donations. Some of these donations came from people who didn't know the Bests and were not involved with horses. I'm truly touched by how willing some people are to help.

I would like to thank some special people for the production of this show.

Jodi(Scoopiedoo)- Thank you so much for being our ringmistress. You did a great job and helped keep the show moving.

Emily- Thank you for being our ribbon girl and running back and forth for us.

Brenda(miracleminis)- Thank you for running the food booth and picking up the pizza.

Karen(dreamlandnh) & Diana(diana)- Thank you for helping with planning the show and bringing whatever my mom and I needed. You brought prizes, numbers, judge's cards, jumps, obstacles, raffle and silent auction items, and so so much more. I greatly appreciated you both for also answering all of my questions.

Mom(Bozley) and Dad- Thank you for "tolerating" me and bending over backwards to help in every single way. You both have spent countless hours trying to put on the best show we could. A special thank you to you, Dad, for counting and handling money at the show, because you know mom and I would've used our fingers and calculators to do what you did in seconds. ;)

There are so many more people who helped put on such a fantastic show. Thank you to everyone including our virtual horse show entries.

Our grand total for raffles, silent auctions, entries, and food is ... $2,688.00!

Thank you,

Makayla

Last edited by a moderator:
Makayla it is us that should thank you for donating so much of your time away from your school work. I'm sure now you will be crunching for finals. Everyone was for kind and seem to have a great time. I know the Best family really appreciated everything you and the mini world have done for them. Karen and I know that Llinda was there at the show watching all of us, we just have that feeling of her presents. Job well done by all.

I just want to say Thank You to all the Carpenters but particularly Mikayla who is such an amazing young horse woman. It makes me proud to be associated with such a wonderful family. There are so many bad things said about teenagers today but this young woman surely is making a difference that it often is hard to remember just how young she is. I too think this should be an annual event to bring all mini people together before the show season begins in earnest. Except for the rain shower it was a great day for all I think. Linda would have been so proud of her girls and the poise they demonstrated in such difficult circumstances. There are some amazing young women in the ranks of the mini horse world.

I would also like to say Thank You to everyone one in Maine for making myself and my mother (Diana) so welcome. Also for letting us come up the night before, we had a great time! Lizzie is ready to come back up for another show (sorry Mark we won't make June 2 day
default_smile.png

Makayla you did a great job and devoted so much time to show. Thank you!

I agree this should be a yearly show. Next time can we all wear badges with our LB names on it. For anyone that doesn't knowme...I go with Lizzie she my daughter...she is the one in costume class dressed as the Indian.

it was very fun! i didnt place well but in the jumping class his colors SHINED! HE FLEW

Kay,

I want to say I was very impressed on how you presented yourself at the show. You looked very poised and professoinal. And Man can that horse move! I know you two will do great in jumping in the future!

Great job!

Sue

Back