Let's See Your Non-Horse Pets

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]I know most of us have pets in addition to horses -- let's see and hear about them!!! [/SIZE]

These are my fur kids... The dogs in particular are my heart. I get more day dreamy about horses but the dogs are my best friends and babies

Watson, 16wk old shih-tzu -- the new child of my heart:
Watson-121308-033.jpg

Willow, 8yo shih-tzu girl, raised from a little puppy:

WILLOW%20--%2006082005%20046.jpg

Whitney, 8yo shih-tzu girl, adopted at 2yo:

WHITNEY%20--%2006082005%20014.jpg

Webster, 8yo shih-tzu boy, adopted at 2yo:

webster-012702-2.jpg

Kelsey, 3.5yo collie girl, raised from a puppy:

Kelsey%20--%2007062006%20--%20059.jpg

Maggie, 4yo lab x chow, raised from a puppy (adopted from the animal shelter):

Maggie%20--%20Horses%20and%20Dogs%20--%2009302005%20087.jpg

Keeper, huge Maine Coon cat, raised from a kitten:

Keeper%20--%2008122005%20--%202.jpg

Nigerian Dwarf Goat Wethers -- Jasper & Henry in the back, Leroy & George in the front...

Pictured ON the house H built them... yes, it has a deck, and yes, they spend more time on it than in it:

11052004%20--%20014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to our horses, we have 3 dogs & 7 goats. I love 'em all but my Jack Russell, Rocky, is my special little guy.
default_wub.png

dogs019.jpg

We also have the 2 girls--our German Shepherds, full sisters from the same litter, and almost 9 years old.

Cheyenne

Dogs057.jpg

Daisy Can you tell the dogs run the house?

Daisy.jpg

Some of our pygmy goats. Sandy, Mr. Bubbles, Creole, & Confetti

Goats111.jpg

And I just love this picture of our goat, Bambi!

Bambi.jpg

The Penny Bandit or "Penny", also called "PeaPie", my Shetland Sheepdog.

43.jpg

She loves to "go to the farm", but she hates, hates, hates the horses; she is terrified of them! She couldn't herd a fly, but that's not why I bought her anyway. Penny is an inside dog and is a member of our family, like a child.

Oh goody!! Thanks Jill! You know i love these threads
default_biggrin.png

But sadly, there are a lot fewer to add this time....

Miss Moxie, my princess and my first Cardigan....Cardigan Welsh Corgi, 3.5 years old, mom to the puppies below (AOM Can CH Finnshavn Bubble Gum Moxie Am/Can RN CGC)..I couldn't pick just one, so these are my 2 favourite pics...winning an Award of Merit at the Canadian Cardigan Corgi Club's National this past August, and 'Super' Mox

Moxiecccc08.jpg

20081013_0225.jpg

My beautiful Delilah...Cardigan Welsh Corgi, 1 year old bred her myself (BP ISS Esrohollow Hey There Delilah)

20080629_0022.jpg

Jane & Lainey, Cardigan Welsh Corgis, both 1 year old & I bred them - 2 of Delilah's litter mates that I kept (Esrohollow Diamond Jane & Esrohollow Plain White Ts)

20080629_0031.jpg

Mr Ritchi, Cardigan Welsh Corgi, 8.5 years old, imported from France by Moxie's breeder....Ritchi is Moxie's father (puppies grandfather) and he came to live here this past August...he is SUCH a doll (Can/Am CH Ritchi-Bubble-Gum de la Caverne des Anges)

IMG_7068.jpg

And then the cats...

This is the only picture of the one cat that I have on here....

Buster (with a puppy Moxie and Bella the Saint that we had to put down last month), don't know what he is, he was rescued at a horse barn and came home with me about 8 years ago.

moxieandfriends.jpg

The gorgeous Misfit (who's name suits her to a 't'), 1 year old Himalayan/Ragdoll cross, got her as a kitten (from Matt
default_biggrin.png
)

20080719_0046.jpg

~kathryn

The only other animals that I currently have besides the horses are my two dogs Copper (Pembroke Welsh Corgi) and Susie (Great Pyranees).

Copper - AKC National Copper

I bought Copper when he was 9 weeks old from Diane/Mini Express at the 2000 National Show. I was never really a Corgi fan but when I saw Copper, I was head over heals and have been a huge Corgi fan ever since. Anyway, I talked to Diane about him and said I didn't want to make any rush decisions so I would let her know the next morning. I got up early and headed straight for Diane and bought Copper. I beat the other lady who was interested in him by 5 minutes! He is my best buddy, traveling buddy, horse show buddy, etc. etc.

copper.jpg

Copper as a puppy.
default_wub.png

cop0517.jpg

copper07.jpg

copwalk.jpg

Susie -

I adopted Susie almost 2 years ago. She came from a not so nice home and was afraid of men. Which isn't the case anymore.

She is a fantastic dog who seems to smile all the time. She absolutely LOVES her horses and it's the funniest thing to watch her play with Jinx, who I believe to be her favorite. She loves the babies and will stick close to the barn when one of the mares is close to foaling.

She is also quiet the guard dog. She'll let us know if someone/thing is around the horses that shouldn't be. And I personally wouldn't want to go into any field where there is a Great Pyranees. During our first foaling season together, I had to make darn sure that Susie knew it was ME entering that barn. And even today, if I'm in the field with a stranger, she is keeping a close eye on what is going on.

suziesunny.jpg

I have more pics of her, I just can't find them. I'll have to look again later and post some more.

My dogs are- Max a boxer and Milo a pug, they are best buddys... They both love to play with plastic bottles as Max has one in the following picture:

1dogssm.jpg

Lisa

We just have 1 dog- 2 1/2 year old Chow Chow-Bryson, (spoiled rotten) he is named for Bryson City North Carolina-where we go every year on vacation, A Beautiful place my husband wants to move to.. I would move there too but I dont want to start over..

phpIjuMjmAM.jpg

We just have 1 dog- 2 1/2 year old Chow Chow-Bryson, (spoiled rotten) he is named for Bryson City North Carolina-where we go every year on vacation, A Beautiful place my husband wants to move to.. I would move there too but I dont want to start over..
phpIjuMjmAM.jpg
php6OVD2yAM2.jpg

Have three Bourkes.. have to dig out the photos.

Three cats varying from a little over 1 year old to 6 months old,, all shelter or rescue kittys and fixed. Nari is the brown to the left, Sadie is the orange and Mia is the blk srtiped kitten with mittens to the right. Mia loves to play fetch and will trill at us if we do not play with her.

triosleeping1.jpg

miasideways.jpg

asadiesleep.jpg

Ella the Jenny... We bought her when she was 5 months old...

Ella.jpg

Three Alpacas, who like Ella are not impressed with the amount of snow we have. The Alpacas came home with us because they were in need of a home as their owners were moving.

alpacatrio.jpg

caribou.jpg

And last but not least a few d"uccle chickens.

motteledandbuttescotchhenfeb06.jpg

These are my non-horsey babies...(click on their names to see their own pages with more pics)

"Molly" a 15# spayed female Boston Terrier. She is 6 years old, and definately a CLOWN!

molly1.jpg

mollytoy.jpg

"Abby" an 8 month old spayed female Boxer. She is a real love, but also loves to play!

abbyxmas08.jpg

abby5months.jpg

This is my Sassy ~ 17 month old super spoiled happy go lucky shih tzu princess
default_wub.png
...total love of my life and my best friends
default_wub.png
:wub

00ssasssaaa.jpg

0sas22.jpg

00000sa.jpg

000000sa.jpg

Then this Sassys NEW Best friend.....He is coming home as soon as the weather makes it safe for travel, we got one heck of an ice storm last night so may be a day or two before he can come home
default_wub.png
. He is a 6 month old chinease crested male...probably going to leave him with his hair for the winter, but will be "show clipping" him this summer.
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

BBBUSUETHISSPLIT.jpg

One day i would like to have a min pin too, they are to neat
default_smile.png

Jill I noticed the raw hide strip in one of your pictures. I can't help but share my experience with them. There were 2 separate times I had to reach down one of my Shih Tzu's throat and pull a hunk of that stuff out. Seems she would chew it til it got soft then try to swallow what she chewed off. I'm certainly not trying to tell anyone what to give their dogs.....just want you all to know what happened at my house with them.

Well, there's always an assortment of bunnies...

2233675389_fe3b6b3542_m.jpg

2233675469_39aae43122_m.jpg

2395488550_911d67449a_m.jpg

3107238721_6fd19b00eb.jpg

My brother's cat, Boots.

2234462618_487718f79a.jpg

Iria

3063296546_a31bc1af3c.jpg

Kit (the feline) and Marlowe (the canine)

2362313464_a155b29355.jpg

And an unpictured assortment of fish.

Here's Chevy playing in the snow yesterday, with his football.....

He thinks this weather is just for him.

We have two feral barn cats, too, but no photos of them and they aren't

touchable so guess they aren't pets....

So guess Chev's the only non horse pet here....he's quite happy with his

postition of only child.

Snow2008-Chev.jpg

We have a doxie mix, Glory

Glory3.jpg

and a 9 YEAR OLD rex rabbit, Baby

baby.jpg

and my Desk Beta Fish, Mater

mater.jpg

I love seeing everyone's pets!!! This is fun
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif

Jill I noticed the raw hide strip in one of your pictures. I can't help but share my experience with them. There were 2 separate times I had to reach down one of my Shih Tzu's throat and pull a hunk of that stuff out. Seems she would chew it til it got soft then try to swallow what she chewed off. I'm certainly not trying to tell anyone what to give their dogs.....just want you all to know what happened at my house with them.
Donna, I had never thought of that but I should have. We used to have a dog who would get those chews all sloppy and soggy, then swallow whole, puke it up and repeat
vomit.gif
Right now, Watson's teeth aren't enough to do much to the chew, but it won't be long before he can. H had gotten him some basted partical type chews but we threw them out b/c I was afraid he could get a piece of that off and swallow whole... then the other night, we tried a new brand of basted rawhide chew and we think some ingredient didn't agree with Watson because he was like he had gotten speed for a couple hours. He was so hyper and that is NOT like him at all.

Here is our "son" Rudy. I bought him from a breeder in 2003. He is 8 now. He is very spastic and I don't think anyone else would be able to put up with all of his attitude and defiance
default_rolleyes.gif
He honestly thinks he is a human and should be able to do everything that we do. I will never find another like him
default_wub.png

DSC00434-3.jpg

wedding14-1.jpg

This is our "daughter" when she was a baby. She is now about 4 years old. She was so cute and I thought she was going to be so pretty when she grew up. Little did I know that her little legs weren't going to keep up with the rest of her body
default_rolleyes.gif
She has got to be the sweetest little dog and she is actually very well behaved for a MinPin
default_smile.png

DSC00044.jpg

And here is Peatrie. She is a quirky little soul who is very tame when she "wants" to be
default_rolleyes.gif
She can hold her own with the big boys and is always the first to greet me when I go out to the barn
default_smile.png
I bought Peatrie when she was a few months old. She was so sick and was completely covered in lice. I didn't think she was going to make it. There were several times within the first week that I thought she was dead. I would shake her and she wouldn't wake up. We shot her up with some antibiotics and she pulled through
default_wub.png

DSC06716-1.jpg

Here is Mr. Reggie. I had been feeding some starving cows next door because their owner was NOT feeding them. I called him when his cow had her baby and 3 days later he called and asked if I wanted the baby
default_smile.png
He said he knew I had been feeding his cows and that it was the least he could do
default_smile.png
Reggie is the sweetest, calmest little guy. He wrinkles up the side of his face when he wants to show attitude but doesn't have a mean spirit in him.

He was so adorable!

DSC06731-1.jpg

We have been working on leading and he even played dress up for me too
default_biggrin.png

DSC08113.jpg

So there you have it. They are all little brats and spoiled rotten
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back