We've Got A New Fur Baby

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Today, we went to PetSmart to get a big aquarium, which we did... but we also adopted a 1yo medium hair dilute calico cat that we named "Paisley"!!!

I've been thinking for a month or so about getting a cat. We have one cat, or should I say H has a cat. He's a huge Maine Coon named Keeper and is a really nice cat who thinks he's a dog. Watson would be angry, as it's a family secret, but Keeper the cat is bigger than Watson (shih-tzu), my best friend we got after we lost Winston.

SOOOO... when we were in PetSmart H noticed a cat he thought I'd like. I went to see and I thought she was very pretty and when I held her, she was so sweet and loving. And so little! Only about 5.5# according to her paperwork.

We brought her home. She was at PetSmart from the Orange County Animal Shelter. She's fitting in really well and loves to be held and pet. She had come in as a stray and seems to really like being here in a house. I felt choked up holding her awhile ago and thinking she must be happy she doesn't have to spend another night in a metal cage
content.gif

For the past 10 or so years, I've not been a big cat person, but I sure used to be. I had a cat who died when Winston was about a year old and prior to getting Winston, she had been my best friend. She was a blue point Himalayan. After we got Winston, they kind of shared double billing in the best friend department. I think Paisley (already a/k/a Miss Paisley Perfect) is going to be a great friend, too.

Here she is, and also Keeper today. His expression pretty well says what he thinks of the new girl, but I feel sure he will come around before long.

Paisley---Cats----111409---001.jpg

Paisley---Cats----111409---002.jpg
Paisley---Cats----111409---009.jpg

Paisley---11142009---002.jpg
Paisley---11142009---006.jpg

Keeper---Cats----111409---005.jpg

PS Paisley thinks the fish tanks are AWESOME! If only she could reach in and grab one of those fishies, then she'd like them even more
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What a pretty kitty she is. And, Keeper is just gorgeous, but you're right he doesn't look too happy about his new housemate.
default_wink.png

Nice! She is really beautiful. Oh boy that main coon looks like our old one. His name was Velda. Im sure Im misspelling that one but oh well.

Aaaaww Jill Ms. Paisley Perfect is just lovely. What a pretty dilute calico, I'm very partial to this color. My Purdy cat is a dilute Manx. Ms Paisley looks like she fits right in and will be a wonderful lap kitty.

Jill she is so pretty and obviously feels right at home and is sure that is where she belongs!
default_wub.png

Oh Jill she is beautiful and so is the other cat.Glad that she will have a loving home.
default_biggrin.png

Awww what a beautiful little girl!! She probably feels it in her heart that she's got a wonderful home!

What an adorable suggle bunny!! She has the sweetest face.
default_wub.png

Love the look of your Maine coon... I have one that gives us that look at times. LOL

OK, I think I can read Keeper's mind: "I. Am. Not. Amused."

I've always loved Keeper as I have a little less fuzzy version of him here in my own house. Your new girl looks lovely, and still a bit kittenish to me. I bet she will fill out and fluff up and be a wonderful addition to your household, and I'm sure Keeper will come around to having a new kitty friend too. It usually takes mine a week to accept a new family member.

Congratulations to Paisley!! I think you just won the kitty lottery!

Jayne

Thanks, everyone
default_wub.png

It's been more than 10 years since we had a cat I felt a really strong connection to, and I am sooooo happy to have Paisley. She is just the right kitty
default_wub.png

I'm not a cat person, but she's beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many years ago, we had a tabby named "cat dance" and a siamese named "pata's kitty" (she had little white feet.)

Latest posts

Back