We've Got A New Fur Baby

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, folks! She is fitting in perfectly (purrrrrfectly). I've missed having "my own" cat. Keeper remains unimpressed though happy to share her canned cat food... that's a rare treat and hoping that will convince him the new girl isn't so bad after all. And, he's been getting extra love to boot.

My Whinny looks just like your Keeper. We call her our trailer trash cat. She was born under a trailer. She was from a litter of 6 and she was the only girl and no one wanted her. She was going to go to the pound. I took her. We have an adopted cat. I got her on my trip to Utah. She is 15 years old, was skin and bone (she is gaining weight) and is declawed. She was being put outside. What is wrong with people? Anyway, she gets along with everyone (dogs and cats). I was told she would not use a cat box. Well, yes she does. If it is clean she will use it. Maybe she doesn't like the way it feels on her front feet. She is a good cat and needed to have what is left of her life comfortable and kind. I gotta stay away from shelters and animals in bad situations. I really don't have room for any more.

I wouldn't have the heart to go into the shelter. It would just break my heart, I know. If I hear the music for one of the SPCA commercials that run now, I immediately grab the remote and change the channel or I'll be in tears. I don't know if the cats from the shelter at PetSmart will be put to sleep, but I guess so if no one adopts them. I was surprised Paisley was in there for so long. I know she was because we hadn't planned to get a cat that day (though I'd been looking for awhile, I hadn't anticipated meeting her when we left home). We couldn't take her w/o a carrier and the ones at PetSmart are like $40 and I have plenty of carriers at home. I asked her if we could pay for her adoption and come back w/ a carrier and was told no... so I was going to hold her while H ran to Walmart for a cheaper carrier when they told me "oh we have cardboard carriers you can buy". That did the trick but is basically an $9 cardboard box of course. I had thought of buying another Maine Coon or a Persian kitten or young cat (my preference was not a little kitten), and might have. I just hadn't found the right one so I am really, really happy we found one that needed a home like Paisley.

Really, I should have listened to my friend, Kim (CKC here). She told me to check out PetSmart's adoption kitties and I just figured they wouldn't have what I wanted. If I had listened to her, we'd have gotten Paisley weeks ago!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back