New Fur Baby

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Within the past few weeks, Harvey and I lost our 15yo shih-tzu girls, Willow and Whitney. It felt crushing, especially with Willow. No matter how long you get to have great dogs, it's never long enough.

I thought I'd ask our friend, Cheryl Powell, if she had any puppies or a rescue in need of a home. She has been so good to us over the years with dog and horse advice and is one of 3 vets who I think walk on water. We have three shih tzu babies from her, Watson and Wilson, whom she bred and are now 6yo, and Wylie, a girl she rescued and healed and we adopted.

Come to find out, she had a nursing litter that are related to Watson and Wilson, and too hard to resist!

"Wesley" is just 4wks old now, so he can't come home just yet. He is 3/4 shih tzu and 1/4 poodle. Cutest thing on the east coast, next to Watson, Wilson, and Wylie in my impartial opinion ? This is him:

PS feeling thankful for our pets and a coming ray of happiness this Thanksgiving!

IMG_25738483944469.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
He's wonderful Jill , wishing you many years of happiness with him . Can't wait to see some more pics when he arrives
default_smile.png

He is beautiful, I can't wait to see more photos as he grows. Congratulations to you and your new fur baby.

Heartfelt sympathy to you for your loss of Willow and Whitney. So difficult to lose a beloved pet and in multiples the loss is even harder.

I am glad that Wesley has found you to help your heart heal and to bring you joy and to bring humor to your other dogs. Love the W theme for names! so cute.

I love my Minis, but in my way of thinking the best present in the whole world is a puppy. Nothing can make you smile or laugh more than the antics of a puppy.Enjoy your new fur baby and keep lots of photos coming.

Aw! He's darling, can't wait to see more pictures after you bring him home.

Thanks, folks! We're really excited about him and I think if I understood correctly, he can come home to us in a little more than 2wks
default_wub.png

So sorry about Willow and Whitney. I can't imagine losing two so close together.

Congrats on Wesley, what a cutie pie!

I have to ask, what's behind the "W" names?

aw Jill I'm so sorry you lost your girls, it's so hard when one passes but two? I can't imagine your grief, both of them like that. You new little Wesley is ADORABLE. I'll look forward to updated photos as his time to come home to mama approaches.

How is Dozer doing now, how big did he get to be?

Thanks everyone! We will love him to pieces and with H being home more, we'll probably try and outdo each other to be Wesley's favorite. I realize that's quite mature of us LOL!

So sorry about Willow and Whitney. I can't imagine losing two so close together.

Congrats on Wesley, what a cutie pie!

I have to ask, what's behind the "W" names?
Just my obsession about coordinating things! People who know me think it might be political because I've always been more fond of George W. Bush than most, but that isn't it. We got our first shih tzu, first ever little dog, Winston, in 1998. When we got him a friend, who ended up being Willow, we just wanted a name that "matched", and the W theme stuck. Our two big "farm" dogs (sleep inside but love to be outside a lot) Pyrenees crosses are Dozer and Diesel. It's probably good my kids are fur kids. Just like matching and coordinating and now feel like it could be bad luck not to (crazy, I realize, but can't help it!).

Jill-

So sorry for your loss. Its truly hard to say good bye to a "family" member. Remember, they are always with you!

Your new puppy is too darn cute! Cant wait to see him grow up !!!!!! Keep the photos coming!

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

That is one darn cute puppy!

So sorry you lost your longtime friends; I know how hard that is. They are FOREVER in our hearts, but thankfully, our hearts are always big enough for another to occupy THEIR special place there. I have two tiny girl dogs who are 15 and 17, so I know my time with them is becoming shorter...and thus more precious...daily. I know you are going to enjoy that darling new one, while savoring the memory of all who came before....

Thanks, Julie and Margo
default_wub.png

The other night, for a split second I was ready to dole out a cookie to Willow when the other guys got theirs. I can hardly take a bath without thinking how for the past few years, Whitney would cautiously peek into the bathroom to see who was in the tub. You know, it could be a stranger since drive by bathing is all the rage. Dogs all have their own quirks that just make them more special.

This weekend, we've been puppy proofing and setting up playpen, crate and a small carry case (for at night while Wesley learns to sleep in the bed). Feels good to look forward to him and am also looking forward to the road trip to get him and seeing Cheryl again! I actually think H is more excited than I am, which is pretty cool as I'm plenty excited
default_smile.png

Yes, I know that 'looking-forward-to'feeling...and it truly IS exciting!Keep posting pictures so we can all get our 'puppy fix'!!

Congrats on your new puppy, is soooooo adorable!

Gosh, we already love Wesley so much. H is especially over the moon for him. He is SO tiny! He weighs 1.8#, and is so fluffy that I think he's at least half fuzz! I tried to get pictures of him on this green leather chair that looks good with his color but he kept trying to jump down and I couldn't get a good shot. I even had a can of evaporated milk to show how "big" he is. SO, I put him in the bathtub (not with water) so at least he was still enough for on picture. Here is baby Wesley at almost 8wks:

2014-12-20_07.46.25.jpg

Back