UPDATE: We're Adopting a Special Puppy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Harvey and I have decided to become Daddy and Mommy to another dog, who we will call Wylie
default_wub.png

Our friend, Cheryl, told me about this little shih-tzu puppy (9mos old) who came into her veterinary clinic as an emergency rescue with an infected eye. She needed a new home. Harvey and I had planned to get a shih-tzu girl after our older shih-tzu's, Whitney and Willow, are no longer with us -- which of course we hope is a very long time for now. However, this little baby just looks so special and I fell in love with her pretty much already.

We have two 2yo brother shih-tzu's from a litter Cheryl had previously and I think they will be VERY happy to have a baby sister to play with. Their names are Wilson and Watson. More likely than not, Wilson and Watson will be more impressed with the new girl than Willow and Whitney will be, but we shall see.

Since we have room in our hearts, as well as on the sofa and bed, we just had to say "yes" to Wylie
default_wub.png

We plan to pick Wylie up either next weekend, or the following weekend. Depending on how she is recovering from her surgeries (eye and spay) and the weather. We are excited to meet her in person!

Thanks for looking and listening!

UDATE 2/5/2011: We brought Wylie home today and she is doing so well! She did great on the 3.5 hour drive home. She met all our guys -- who seem to be universally infatuated with her -- and she took a nap with us. I had worried Willow would be very jealous / resentful of Wylie, however, we told Willow that Wylie is for her (like we do when she gets a new toy -- and like we told Winston when "he" got Willow many moons ago). Well, maybe Willow took it to heart because she got after Wilson for getting too close and too attentive to her puppy. Seems to be a perfect fit all around and I will update with pictures soon
default_wub.png

Plus, it was great to see Cheryl again! She is so nice and was busy at her wonderful vet practice with a goat, dogs, etc., when we arrived
default_wub.png

Wylie-1.jpg

Wylie-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
THANK YOU for giving that sweet girl a great home! She is absolutely adorable, especially in that first photo!

Congratulations on your latest addition! Did she have her eye removed or is it just tacked shut to help ensure proper recovery?

Thanks Susanne and Mona!
default_wub.png

Wylie's eye had to be removed
default_sad.png
But I think she will do well going forward
default_yes.gif

How could you resist such a sweet face?
default_wub.png
You've done a good thing!

You are so awesome and have such a big heart! She is beautiful and well wishes headed her way. I just love my Shih Tzu and would love another however my husband gives me the same "No" when I ask for more minis also.
default_sad.png
But someday I WILL have another and more minis!!
default_wink.png

Aw Jill what a special little girl she is. Warms my heart to know that she will be joining your family. What a lucky little puppy! She is simply precious!

Like I said, your the first person I thought of when I heard about her. congratulations to Wylie on her new forever home. And I love the name.

Thanks, folks!

Cheryl told me a little more about her background this morning and it just makes me love her even more. It's hard for me to understand how something that will be such a treasure to us was just a "toss away" to someone else.

Really looking forward to getting her home and settled in
default_wub.png

Oh my gosh, what an absolute sweetheart she is. Congratulations all around - I hope you'll post again when she meets her new family.
default_wub.png

Congrats Jill!!!! She looks very sweet!!!!
default_wub.png
:wub

I am having trouble deciding who will be staying here as my new addition.....decisions, decisions.....
default_rolleyes.gif

~kathryn

Wylie is one very lucky little girl - to first have Cheryl and now you and H.

Barbie

What a beautiful little girl
default_wub.png
:wub No doubt she will fit into your "W" home with no problem. Best of luck and do keep us updated as to how she is doing.

I just know that the new lil Princess is going to get lots of love & spoiling!

She's way cute!

Awww.... bless your big heart, Jill.... congratulations!

Liz R.

Back