Let's see your favorite, personally owned Buckeroo relation

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We own 3 Buckeroo bred mares. One black grand-daughter, and two great grand-daughters (a grulla and a silver buckskin, sired by a son of Buck Echo- they are half sisters). It's terribly hard to choose a favorite... one I've admired for years, and finally got to call her mine last Monday. The second came to live with us a few years ago. And the third we purchased before she was weaned.

Because we've owned Missy the longest, I'll share her. She is 8 this year, and a grand-daughter of Buck Echo, making her a great grand-daughter of Buckeroo. She is a silver buckskin, and is very precious to us. She lost one of her eyes in a pasture accident as a very young foal, and is spoiled. She has foaled twice and we've tragically lost both foals (one didn't get out of the sac, and the other ate some mushrooms at 4 months old, and died of renal failure).

In memory of Echo, please make sure your babies don't have any mushrooms in their pastures. All it takes is such a small amount, and foals will try anything. Picture 384.jpg

We have been fortunate to own a few Buckeroo bred mares over the years, and of course our favorite is our stallion Manipulator's Buckingham! His dam is a World Champion daughter of Buckeroo! He is a joy to own!

BuckinghamHD.jpg

Buckingham-jpg.jpg

emmy04-r2.jpg

My favourite offspring, my own Alvadars Double Destiny son, DOUBLE DESTINYS WAR EMBLEM

Great grandson of Buckeroo.

default_wub.png
REST in green PASTURES, Buckeroo
default_wub.png

WOW! Don't know how I missed this thread for so long. I own several Buckeroo decendants. None are sons or daughters of Buckeroo, but I hope to own one someday.

This is my favorite by far. Ten Ls Spirits Afterglow. A perlino grandson of Little Kings Buck Echo.

spiritleftbodycroppedweb001.jpg

Then this is my other stallion, Darmond Cavaliers Charmin Boy. He is a grandson of Buckeroo, by Little Kings Buckeroo Cavlier.

010OK-003-13WebPrint.jpg

I also have a mare who is by the same stallion as Spirit but I don't have a good picture of her yet. I am currently waiting on her to foal, then will get some new pics.

And I have 6 foals by Spirit this year as well.

wow what beautiful horses representing the legend ! Loved all the photos of such gorgeous Buckeroo get - congratulations to everyone for the horses you chose..

Buckeroo has always been our Hero and was the deciding factor in what we would breed here.

While we have many nationally recognized bloodlines in our breeding program - we have 3 sons, 2 daughters, dozens (and dozens and ..... ) of Grandget as well as a BTU son, Our mares include a Double Destiny daughter, White Russian daughter, and many others too long to list.

We're looking forward to crossing these Buckeroo bred horses on our Billy Idol son and L&D Scout son.

Don't want to take over the thread with photos - you can view all our Buckeroo offspring on our website ...

The Buckeroo legend will live on at White Tails
default_yes.gif

Of course my favorite Buckeroo bred is my boy--Res. Nat. Champion Ericas Big City Bank On Me HOF, Banker for short. He did lots of winning in his short show career and retired at 2 years old to sire some nice foals.

banker.jpg

Sorry Parmela, just reviewed this thread today. Thanks for the nice words about Thumper. We are truly blessed to have the opportunity to have such a wonderful, consistent, beautiful bloodline in our breed from the immortal Buckeroo.

Beautiful horses everyone......

We love our Buckeroo bloodlines

My absolute favorite is our 3 yr old mare

Eagles Ring Bows Spicy Mustard Seed "Spice"

she is a 33" Perlino Gr Granddaughter by our stallion Triple Ks Boogies Bow Tie. Shown here as a yearling

spicesmaller-1.jpg

And quickly working his way into my heart is our Stallion

Little Kings Buckeroo Buzz. 30.5" Palomino Buckeroo son

image001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thread. Most of my horses trace back to Buckeroo. The first mini I bought was a gray granddaughter, "Pepper". Then a black granddaughter of Double Destiny, "Spooky". My first homebred mini is a bay filly, "Tango", out of a granddaughter of Buckeroo. I also have a 2011 perlino colt that is a grandson of Double Destiny. I like the Buckeroo line !

pepper5-22web.jpg

Spooky_spring_2008.jpg

Tangoleft5-11web.jpg

foals~~element87.jpg

Back