Let's see your favorite, personally owned Buckeroo relation

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 Great Grandsons. They are by Seahorse Gold Melody Grand Buckeroo who is by Little Kings I Stand Grand by Buckeroo. They are wonderful boys and have wonderful personalities.

Birchwood UK Arabian Sunset - now a 4yr old

Sunnyphoto10-1.jpg

Birchwood UK Buckaroo Banner - also 4yrs old

BannerJuly12th2010074.jpg

Like most of you I have several, but our favorite is Lucky Four Sugar Boys Sundowner, his grand sire is Little Kings Black Velvet a son of Buckaroo.

scan0002.jpg

So many beautiful horses shown in this topic. Boones Little Buckaroo was some kind of stallion.

Avalon Farms Apache Princess carries a lot of Buckaroo. Boones Little Buckaroo is back to the fifth generation.

396713823.jpg

Meadowind Calypso Cadence

Windy our 7 year old Broodmare

Sire: Mcsperitts Angelo Night

Grandsire: Night Rider

Greatsire: Rowdy

Dam: Mosby Dazzling Doll

Grandsire Litle Kings Buck U Too

Greatsire: IMA Boones Little Buckeroo Too

Windy for sale.jpg

I was very fortunate to visit Little King last fall and bring home 2 Buckeroo sons. Pictures are not the best as they were already set for winter but here they are

Little Kings BuckinRevolution

Edit012.jpg

Little Kings Buckeroo Avatar

EchoandAvatar041.jpg

But my favorite for the moment was born last night out of a Buckeroo granddaughter and by a Buckeroo Grandson!! No name yet!

2011May12006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well until I can get my old computer to post pictures here again, I will have to settle for an avatar picture. Lil Gem is a great-grandson of Buckaroo on his dam's side and I think he is gorgeous. He looks much better now and will turn 2 soon. Well it didn't change but he is in my gallery.

He is finally a solid 30", hoping for at least one more in the next year.

I am so saddened to hear that he passed away. What a legacy he has left behind....

4 of my 6 horses go back to Buckeroo; 1 granddaughter (my Buck on Broadway daughter Trouble), 1 great granddaughter (Trouble's 2011 filly Bliss), my BTU grandson Sparrow and my Buckeroo daughter Belle. They are all just as sweet as can be and imo not too shabby structurally. They are all so special to me, it's hard to pick a favorite but everytime I look at Belle I feel so happy that she is mine, she is just so incredible in my eyes. To my amazement, my husband gave me a Buckeroo daughter as a birthday present last year and Belle was the one I chose.
default_wub.png

Belle_Peytoncrop.jpg

Bonnie2.jpg

Belle_RSideA_2_22_10.jpg

I'm trying to post a pic, but not sure I can, however.........I feel SO blessed to have a buckskin grandson of the legend. My colt's sire is Rennaissance, son of Buckeroo, and grandson of Top Cat on the bottom side, so my colt is also a great grandson of Top Cat. Top Cat is my favorite Buckeroo son. I bought "Will" straight off LKF last fall. I have had the great privelege of seeing Buckeroo several times over the last few months. I was truly humbled (and as I told Robin, star struck). Also, my best mare, a daughter of LTD's Magic Man, is being bred to Buckeroo's son, LK Psyched Up Buck. So, I will have another grandson or g-daughter next year if all goes well.

Thank you Buckeroo, and thank you LKF family for sharing him with the world.

Toy09-2.jpg

I currently own two grandsons and some great-grandget. I used to own a son, Little Kings Buckeroo Merlin, now owned by White Tail Farm in MD. There's no discounting his impact on the breed. I'm sorry he's gone, although we all knew it was sooner rather than later. He had a wonderful life and his owners treated him royally.

I am expecting one foal (hopefully, not confirmed yet) for 2012. It will be Raven's first foal. The sire will be Little Kings Black Velvet who from my research seems to be the most successfully producing sone of Buckeroo. Velvet has sired multiple World GRAND Champions, World Champion Get of Sire winners, many, many World Champions (in halter and driving). Some of his notable get are Blue Ribbon Mr Bodacious, Ch Steel Magnum, Los Arboles Black Velvet Mirage (WGC mare), and Lucky Four Black Velvet Buckarena (res WGC Mare).

I've also noticed his get go on to also produce world champions. There's not doubt it's a potent line!
default_yes.gif

Last edited:
We have a variety of grand-sons/daughters of Buckeroo, but my personal favorite is Ringo. Blue roan Buckeroo grandson/Rowdy grandson - Wesco Farms Buckerowdyroo.

Wesco Farms Buckerowdyroo.jpg

I have celticmist super trouper - a great great grandson - bay roan

celticmist tempting tullulah - a great great great great grandaughter - red/white filly

celticmist crusader - great great great great grandson --siver black pinto colt

celticmist remarkable renegade - great great great great grandson - red/white colt

boys+008.jpg

starsfilly002.jpg

cruz007.jpg

reno+018.jpg

i was so upset when i heard of Buckeroo's passing. i really wanted to see him in person one day, and maybe if the budget allowed it, to purchase a daughter.

Here's MeMes Minis Skippa Little Honeybee, aka Honey, a granddaughter to Little Kings Black Velvet and a great-granddaughter of Buckeroo. She has awesome movement and won her very first liberty last year as a yearling! She's also my smallest horse at 27.5" tall.

IMG_1347.jpg

honeytrot1.jpg

So, SO many beautiful horses just in this thread so far! Not hard to see why he was so important to the breed.
default_aktion033.gif

I know the thread is about favorites we've personally owned, but I just had to comment on a few
default_rolleyes.gif

Thumper: Gorgeous!

Destiny: Gorgeous!

Beautiful mare!

Doc...Always a favorite
default_wub.png

I hadn't seen Bumbry in a long while. He's always been a favorite and so beautiful and athletic!

More in the next post.

Last edited:
Parmela, thank you so much for commenting on our beloved stallion, Lucky Four Sugar Boys Sundowner, and for your comments about Little Kings Black Velvet, in my opinion he is the most beautiful son that Buckaroo sired. I will not brag about my boy, although he has many acomplishments and sired many Champions, this is not the time for bragging, but for remembering a great horse named Buckaroo. I cryed for two hours when I found out he passed, I was devistated, The only thought that consoled me was that L. Boone was waitning for him at the pearly gates, took a hold of his lead, and asked Saint Peter to direct him to the show ring. I found consolation in the fact that Mr. Boone can now hug his beloved Buckaroo, and once again show him in the big ring in heaven. Some day I want to see them together again.

Parmela, thank you so much for commenting on our beloved stallion, Lucky Four Sugar Boys Sundowner, and for your comments about Little Kings Black Velvet, in my opinion he is the most beautiful son that Buckaroo sired. I will not brag about my boy, although he has many acomplishments and sired many Champions, this is not the time for bragging, but for remembering a great horse named Buckaroo. I cryed for two hours when I found out he passed, I was devistated, The only thought that consoled me was that L. Boone was waitning for him at the pearly gates, took a hold of his lead, and asked Saint Peter to direct him to the show ring. I found consolation in the fact that Mr. Boone can now hug his beloved Buckaroo, and once again show him in the big ring in heaven. Some day I want to see them together again.

Oh, Terry, how touching! What a beautiufl vision!

Thank you Paremela for your kind comments on our mare
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
She is the dam to this filly, the only one we kept from last year's foal crop, also a Buckeroo grandaughter.

Sensationhead.jpg

I am fortunate to own a son and daughter. I bought my first 2 minis to be pets. Then I saw Buckeroo's photo and was hooked. It took me 4 years, but I was finally able to join the elite club. Thanks to Buckeroo and LKF.

Little Kings Buckeroo Enterprise (hard to choose between the 2 I own, but I have better photos of Enterprise. My daughter is a palomino Chance of Golds Enchanted Buckeroo).

Novpics165.jpg

0491.jpg

This is our mare who is related to Buckeroo (and her filly from last year)
default_smile.png
She's not closely related to him, but I sincerly believe she got a bit of his presence thanks to his genes! haha. He was a wonderful horse. You can always tell when a horse has Buckeroo in their lines, they just stand out!

2010June3091.jpg

I agree. What a comforting thought. Two grand gentleman together again.

Back