Let's see your CHAMPAGNE's!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Sandii....all your pics have me just going GAAGAA!!!

{SIGHS}
default_wub.png
:

And OMG....those little goats are sure something else! I WANT ONE!!!
default_yes.gif
:

{SIGHS}
default_wub.png
:

Humming to that oldie but goodie... "To Dream...The Impossible Dream"...
default_whistling.gif
:

Maybe someday...
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Can't wait to see what else is "cooking" still, from up your way.... hope your snapshop trigger finger is all geared up... :aktion033:

You KNOW mine is already itching awful fierce, for when we get our Rosey HOME!
default_yes.gif
:

Susan, that Apple filly sure has my "dreamy star gazers" in a trance, LOL! She's AWESOME!
default_wub.png
:

Mary.....YAYYYY!!! :aktion033: THERE's m'handsome boy, Prince!
default_wub.png
:

I'm dieing to see his new updated pics....HOT OFF THE PRESS! Post 'em as soon as possible, ok?
default_wub.png
:

Oh, and is that your son in the pic with him? OMG, he could be an EXACT TWIN to my nephew, Geordan! :new_shocked:

I'm gonna have to get some pics of Geordan when he comes to help us with bringing Tuffy and Rosey home...you are gonna FLIP at how closely he resembles that handsome fella holding Prince there.
default_yes.gif
:

:saludando:

Hugs & prayers,

Tanya

Here's my guy RIDGEHAVENS WHITE CLOUD (Willy)

Ivory Champagne

RidgehavensWhiteCloud.jpg

This is him when I picked him up!!!

willybefore.jpg

Ginny StP

Hi Ginny, That top pic of him is just STUNNING!
default_wub.png
: But, the other two pics, I'm confused. Are they before and after pics of a day of clipping? He almost looks like a whole different horse. :new_shocked: Is that top pick of him, "in the now"?
default_wub.png
:

Hi

The top picture is of him this past summer after Connie Ballard got him into show shape along with some good food. The other pictures are of him as a yearling and he loooked pretty much like that when I picked him up. He had been at Ginny Longs for a while and he looked pretty good, that's when I decided to buy him. Then he went back to Ridgehaven, while I made payments on him. Imangine my surprise when I finally went to pick him up and he looked almost like the sad pictures. Dirty, dishelved and totally afraid of people. Connie did wonders with him even getting him to enjoy showing. Yay Connie. Now he is dirty again but not afraid of people and throughly enjoying living with his mares. I can't wait to see his foals this year.

Ginny StP

Ginny

He's beautiful!!!!! What a difference :new_shocked:

WOW! :aktion033: Connie sure does an awesome job!
default_wub.png
:

Sandii,

NO I never have enough drool compiled between my keyboard keys!! Your little champagnes are gorgeous and the fact that they are APPY champagne does totally make me go GAGA!!! I sure wish that little boy of yours was a GIRL!!

Ginny,

Holy CRAP that guy has come a long way! I couldn't believe my eyes and had to go back and forth and back and forth before it truly set in that it was the same horse...wow...just wow!....goes to show that the crappy horse in someones back yard....could look just like him some day =) Nothing against Ridgehaven, I don't know them so I am not saying this in regards to them! Is he related to Ridgehaven's Cocoa???

Ginny he cleaned up sooooo nice! WOW! :new_shocked:

Here is little Chanel fuzzy and fat! :bgrin

Fantacsix your Lady doesn´t look champagne?

]b]http://www.ichregistry.com[/b]

This is the only definitive source for Champagne information. Hopefully eventually AMHA won't register horses as Champagne unless, or until, first registered with the International Champagne Horse Registry!

Has it been mentioned that proof positive are the freckled genitals? Too many people claim the champagne color but refuse to take photos of the anus and genitals to prove it
default_shutup.gif
:

Now, A challenge to everyone who has ICHR horses to step forward LOL (I already know who you are - keep up the good work!)

COCOA's ICHR registry # is 107, an early number.

http://www.ichregistry.com

This is the only definitive source for Champagne information. Hopefully eventually AMHA won't register horses as Champagne unless, or until, first registered with the International Champagne Horse Registry!

Yes-Sandy, As far as I know none of my champagnes could be registered as such color, in both AMHA and AMHR unless -I first provided copies of their ICHR paperwork to prove that they were indeed "Champagne". And mine now are...But for some one to make sure of the validity of the "claim" of a said Champagne, it is always best to see that they are registered with

the ICHR. When viewing the paperwork on them,- you will also notice the Champagne sire or dam.

Prince http://www.ichregistry.com/ICHR_pedigrees/...H2003-02471.htm

Icee http://www.ichregistry.com/ICHR_pedigrees/...MH2004-0308.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
:aktion033: W OW !! What a Friday! I was blest to have not one, but 2 champagnes born on this day. At 1:00 a.m. Had a classic champagne colt,born after waiting 375 days; he made his debut!! Leggy, leggy straight as an arrow and at 11:30 p.m. a gold champagne colt was born to my red dun mare . Oh What a Day!!!!!!!!!!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

I will add pictures later today as I have 7 champagnes; that need to be fed now.

Have a Great Sunday, everyone!

Jeannie

Thank you, Jeannie, Mary and Tanya, for the affirmations and no flames LOL Educating is the best way to keep this so-special color special.

CONGRATULATIONS Jeannie on your new foals, how excited you must be! So glad to see that you are carrying on.

bethel - you must send photo's!!! I love to see little baby champagnes they are adorable! Do you have a website?

I am GLAD to see that A/R wont register a horse champagne until proven to be ICHR registered...I would hate to see someone walk in with their palomino or cream whatever and say "yup it's a champagne" just because they think it's cool...grrr! =) I think it's the neatest thing to actually own a REAL champagne...to have a horse labelled as such that isn't a true champagne is just fraud in my eyes!

**edited to add I am not aiming this towards people who don't know how to tell champagne, or people who bought a horse registered champagne that isn't really champagne but they didn't know until after the purchase...lol...innocent bystanders!**

ICHR is hardly the "only" source of information on champagnes, and much of their information is based on the *original* champagnehorses website:

[SIZE=10pt]CHAMPAGNEHORSES.net[/SIZE]

there is also the Champagne Breeders and Owners Association;

[SIZE=12pt]CHBOA.com[/SIZE]

I am GLAD to see that A/R wont register a horse champagne until proven to be ICHR registered...I would hate to see someone walk in with their palomino or cream whatever and say "yup it's a champagne" just because they think it's cool...grrr! =) I think it's the neatest thing to actually own a REAL champagne...to have a horse labelled as such that isn't a true champagne is just fraud in my eyes!
that would be some sort of extortion I would think, to require someone to pay for registration in another registry, and an unrelated color registry at that, before they can be registered as their own actual color. Kinda silly - like requiring all palominos or buckskins to be registered in a palomino or buckskin registry, or all pintos to be registered PtHA before you could register them in their own breed registries! Let's see - there's a Bay Horse registry, are all bay miniatures required to be registered there before they can be registered as bay? *sigh*
default_wacko.png
:

ICHR is hardly the only way to know if a horse is champagne or not.... there are many other resources.... and eventually, when a test is found, that'll take care of identification as well, without ANY color registration required.

In the meantime, tests for creme can help rule out champagne, in addition to the many knowledgable people out there who can help identify a horse as champagne without charge.

Spoken as the owner (at the time) and breeder of the first Half-Arabian registered as Champagne with the Half-Arabian registry, Khalvin Khlein KpM... and his first daughter, Spaarkle Plenty KpM!

db_spaarks-jen12-05-142.jpg

Latest posts

Back