Let's see your CHAMPAGNE's!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHoofBeats

Reaction score
Haven't had this thread for a while and boy I LOVE champagne's and I KNOW a few of you have new ones out there!!! I looked up the last thread and it was all chat chat chat and only a few photo's so lets make this one FULL OF PHOTO's!!!

Haven't had this thread for a while and boy I LOVE champagne's and I KNOW a few of you have new ones out there!!! I looked up the last thread and it was all chat chat chat and only a few photo's so lets make this one FULL OF PHOTO's!!!
Sure hope to be able to contribute to this thread....come THIS WEEKEND!
default_yes.gif
:

HOPING...yet again...that THIS time we'll get to actually follow through with "plans" to bring our girl HOME!
default_wub.png
:

Lord willing....
default_wub.png
:

Wish us luck... :saludando:

Till then...gonna LOVE all the others as they all post of theirs too!
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Been needing my "Champagne Fix" something FIERCE!!!!!
default_yes.gif
:

I'm personally waiting to see someone with a champagne stallion in WI or a surrounding state :bgrin I *may* bring on a champagne but i'm not saying anything yet unless final arrangements are discussed and agreed upon...crossing my fingers for all's well but erf until then I want to see photo's!

Gonna *bump* every so often so it don't drift off the page here...
default_wink.png
:

C'mon now folks....I need a CHAMPAGNE FIX ya'll!!! :aktion033:

Sure hope all you Champagne Folks will kindly oblige....
default_unsure.png
:

Cause if ya don't...guess I'll have to start belting a yodle....
default_shutup.gif
:

Ya'll donnnnn't wanna get me goin now do ya? :new_shocked:

Hhherrrr, huuuu...Hhh-mmm.{clearing m'throat, and gearing up fer it...} :eek:

:cold:

What horses do you have left, Tanya? I looked around on your website but wasn't sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I must confess... I picked up a "Gold Cream Champagne mare this year.. I must admit I was not planning on it, but when I saw her listed, I just couldnt pass her up. Her registered name is Stone Dances on Ice., AKA "Icee" She is well put together, and a real good mover, and should produce a wonderful cross with my 30" Classic Champagne stallion. Oh the combinations
default_rolleyes.gif
:
iceyrightside3.jpg

Oh goodie Mary! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

I sure was hoping you would share pics of my "Rosey Twin, phenotypically speaking...
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

I love that mare to PIECES!!!
default_yes.gif
: You know

I cannot get ENOUGH of your sweet ICEE! :538: :538: :538:

Although, I have to keep in check with how to spell her name right, LOL!

My brain keeps wanting cross wires in spelling it "Icy", like how my mom's sis, Aunt Icy, spells her name.
default_wacko.png
:

Sure hope you can take MORE pics of Icee very soon! I eat it up, with everyone you share of her!!!

Can't wait to see my Rosey this weekend too...
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033:

I cannot get over just how much they are a PERFECT MATCH!
default_wub.png
:
default_wink.png
:

(Ps....THANK YOU from keeping me from yodling, ROFL!)

Ok....I know there's MORE OUT THERE!!!! C'mon Ya'll..... :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

PS...We want some PRINCE PICS too!
default_wub.png
: Okeedoke?
default_wink.png
:

default_whistling.gif
: Heerrrrr-hummm!!!
default_whistling.gif
:

default_whistling.gif
: [SIZE=12pt]Ye, Old Lady Whoooo ....[/SIZE]
default_whistling.gif
:

default_unsure.png
: :new_shocked: :eek:

There now...ya'll went and done it now!!!!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

C'mon Champange Folks.... I KNOW you're all out there somewhere! :flirt:

Peek-a-boo.... :saludando:

Come out, come out...where ever you are??? :xbud:

default_wink.png
default_wub.png
:

Sorry Tanya, I really need to get on the ball, and shave him down again, and shoot some new pictures of this boy.. This is when he was 2 , and he has filled out a bit since then. His color has remained the same, but his freckling has doubled. so this will have to do til then. Sorry about the big photo.. take care. :saludando:
princefront.jpg

Hi Steffanie and Tanya,

Hereare some updated picture of my one and only champagne for this year, HHH Champagne Apple of My Eye, an amber champagne filly :)

Wow can she move! :))

Susan O.

appletrotleft2weeks.jpg

apple2weeksrightside.jpg

Susan please don´t post pics of Apple again...
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I get a buying fever when I look at her! :bgrin

And not enough money!
default_whistling.gif
:

Well here is Dobby again, my classic champagne cream:

p5080021a6tp.jpg

p5080023a8ps.jpg

p5080054a0xd.jpg

I´ll try to make some new ones of Chanel too, but she is still hairy, I just let her shed out.
default_yes.gif
:

I have desided, that after Nitro, I will buy a champagne! I was planning on going cremello, but I think champagnes are so much nicer! My farm will have 1 stallion(a B & W pinto), 1 gelding, and 2-8 mares(all B & W, but one or two creme mares
default_wub.png
: ) oh, and one Draft Pinto(Gypsy Vanner)...... Haaaa to dream
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Beautiful horses guys!!!!!
default_wub.png

Pretty horses Susan and Linda! I wanted to also share a photo of Muchie, a Gold Champagne, and he is also Princes sire. What I find amazing about this color is that their is no cream gene working in it, It is the work of the Champagne gene, on a sorral... Another intresting note is that he was dubbed a cremello for 12 years before he was discovered as Champagne. :eek: Most likly due to his light color and blue eyes at birth. But as he aged his eyes turned amber and his color became golden.
muchiebody.jpg

Ok, so what makes a horse a champagne as opposed to a palomino for example? Knowing nothing about this yet, the gorgeous wee filly above looked like a bay pinto to me, so what makes her a champagne?

I have a 14 year old mare that I always thought of as "palomino". She's a pale gold with light brown eyes. Actually, her eye colour is almost identical to the horse above. She had a colt a couple of weeks ago, sired by a silver bay, that looks just like her but a bit lighter in colour. The gold around his eyes is a bit darker so I'm guessing he'll shed out to that. His eyes are a very unusual colour - sort of an olive green or greenish grey, but definitely not brown or amber. Both of them have white manes and tails.

I'm going to try to get outdoor photos of them today to post tonight maybe.

Here is a link to the Champagne registry.. http://www.ichregistry.com Many traits, including freckles, pinkish skin, and blue eyes at birth seem to mimic the champagne gene Sunny.... If you suspect that you may have one, this place will let you know if you send photos and provide pedigrees. The sire -OR -the dam needs to be a "Champagne" in order to produce one also.. so maybe you should start there. Champagnes are born with blue eyes that sometimes go amber later, and they do have pinkish skin under their freckles..that become darker with age.

Sunny the fill above will go much lighter, it´s a champagne thing, champagnes are born darker, but wil lighten, this filly will go looking like a sort of buckskin but with pink skin and freckels.

The website given above has great pics of all the shades. ;)

And you can always send them pics, they will be happy to look at your horse.
default_wink.png
:

Geee Steffanie haven't you drooled all over your keyboard enough?? :bgrin

Here's just a few of the many we have..new ones due any second..literally LOL

QMFs Spirits Totem, amber blanketed champagne appy colt born 4-1-06 and for sale

appycolt03.jpg

His sire, also an amber champagne near leopard, sorry its such a bad picture, he's really a handsome dude :bgrin

Spirit_head.jpg

and just some of my personal favorites of the herd...still too early to clip here! Brrr!!!

Dazzle, a classic pinto

Dazzle_crp.jpg

a neat shot of Fast Eddie's eye, he's a gold champagne

EddieEye.jpg

Moochie's mom I think it is....from Mary's post, MEME, a gold roan

MiMiHead.jpg

My beloved AQHA mare, who is a gold, the only one of her line and soon to be in foal to a handsome gold champion and ROM AQHA and APHA stallion!

Sugar.jpg

and born 3-20-06 ADAM..out of a classic mare and the amber near leopard..in his GEEK suit..it was cold!
default_wacko.png
:

adam05.jpg

~~O and Champagne news! COCOA, owned by Judy Ventimiglia of Lazy J Minis in MO. will be attending his first show soon ! Wishing him, his trainer & owner all the best!! GO COCOA! ~~

We'll have a few more foals due soon that could be champagne and a few more that OUGHT TO BE from both ch parents..exciting foaling season!

Lastly, but NOT least our gold Nigerian Dwarf goat, and her buckling from last year, a gold pinto :bgrin We also have a few gold creams lol YES, Ch exists in the goat world too!

marousch.jpg

marousch_teton.jpg

Tanya, I'll be looking forward to seeing Rosie pics soon! I'm so glad she'll be coming HOME soon!! ~HUGS~

Linda, Dobbie is looking handsome as ever and I can't wait till Chanel sheds out, tell her hurry up! lol

Oh Sandii....all your pics have me just going GAAGAA!!!

{SIGHS}
default_wub.png
:

And OMG....those little goats are sure something else! I WANT ONE!!!
default_yes.gif
:

{SIGHS}
default_wub.png
:

Humming to that oldie but goodie... "To Dream...The Impossible Dream"...
default_whistling.gif
:

Maybe someday...
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Can't wait to see what else is "cooking" still, from up your way.... hope your snapshop trigger finger is all geared up... :aktion033:

You KNOW mine is already itching awful fierce, for when we get our Rosey HOME!
default_yes.gif
:

Susan, that Apple filly sure has my "dreamy star gazers" in a trance, LOL! She's AWESOME!
default_wub.png
:

Mary.....YAYYYY!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: THERE's m'handsome boy, Prince!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

I'm dieing to see his new updated pics....HOT OFF THE PRESS! Post 'em as soon as possible, ok?
default_wub.png
:

Oh, and is that your son in the pic with him? OMG, he could be an EXACT TWIN to my nephew, Geordan! :new_shocked:

I'm gonna have to get some pics of Geordan when he comes to help us with bringing Tuffy and Rosey home...you are gonna FLIP at how closely he resembles that handsome fella holding Prince there.
default_yes.gif
:

:saludando:

Hugs & prayers,

Tanya

Latest posts

Back