Latest 2 foals! 1 of each!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kendra

Reaction score
Saturday morning Juliette foaled while she was turned out in the pasture with the other mares ... little baby had quite an appreciative audience for her birth!! This is Juliette's first, and she is such a great mom, looked like an old pro when she was teaching baby where the lunch counter was! This filly is sired by North Stars Valdez Y Basan, who is looking amazing right now, just a little bit more shedding and have to do something about his mane, and we're going to have a 20th birthday photo shoot for the old man!

juliette09filly2.jpg
juliette09filly3.jpg

Yesterday morning I went out behind the barn to get Hawk for his daily drive, and automatically checked the mares. Icicle was standing quietly in the shelter, but Ripplez was stomping around, stretching her hind legs and generally acting suspicous. I had to go back in the barn, was gone for maybe 5 minutes, came back out and Icicle was down foaling!! She had a black colt, who promptly stood up, without any falling or flopping around, and within an hour was nursing and taking off across the pen with a buck! He's sired by Tibbs Night Rider. Photos taken at about 3 hours old.

icicle09colt1.jpg
icicle09colt2.jpg

Ripplez, who was acting suspicious all morning, settled down and still hasn't foaled! Of the 8 mares we have left, 7 of them are bagged up and the 8th is notoriously sneaky. I forsee a busy couple weeks!

Congrats on your two newest additions
default_smile.png

Congratulations on your 2 new foals!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you the next few weeks!!
default_smile.png

Congratulations or your foals and easy deliveries!
default_aktion033.gif
Good luck with the next ones, I hope that they all go as easily for you!

Barb

Congrats on two healthy, beautiful foals. both are really fine babies.

My, that colt has some LEGS!!! And the filly is such a cutie...congratulations!

Both real cute babies, it's so fun to watch for new foals.

Congratulations Kendra! Pretty babies. Will the colt become part of the hitch one day ?
Maybe! I'm not convinced he'll be tall enough, in spite of those long legs! He's definitely bigger than Miikka, his full brother from last year, was when he was born, but that's not saying much, Miikka's a peanut! We'll see, I guess!

Well if he doesn't make the hitch (lol, reminds me of the Budweiser ads ;) ) he's sure going to make someone a pretty little gelding (or stallion) anyway.
default_smile.png

Pretty babies and wonderful stories!

Thanks for sharing both.

Latest posts

Back