Last photos before the buffalo costume goes on...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream

Reaction score
It was about this time last year that I first posted about buying this little guy. Now he is about 15 months old and has changed a lot in a year. I got him out to a handful of shows this summer and his results were very good. I recently started ground driving him and he is one of the fastest learners I have ever trained. Today I managed to drag my fiance out to take photos of Erick before he turns into a buffalo. That way in January when I forget I have a show horse I can look longingly at these pictures and dream of spring.

Here is the first photo I ever saw of him...

NDfoalstand.jpg

And this is him now...Any opinions on colour?????

ErikHeadFall06.jpg

Ground driving...

ErikDrive2Fall06.jpg

ErikDriveFall06.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look at my boy.

default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
: This Boy is Amazing! Michelle he is beautiful! I had the pleasure of Going into Supreme Class with him of course he got Supreme and I just couldnt stop staring at him hehe even when I was the class
default_wink.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Ohhhh, now that is one beautiful horse!!!
default_wub.png
: You are very lucky, he's gorgeous!!! :aktion033:

Lookin good Michele! Your right...he has come a long way. Congrats...your doing great with him.

-Kris

WHOOO he's HANDSOME! :new_shocked: You have a nice boy there!
default_yes.gif
: He looks like a grullo to me.

Very nice. He looks grulla to me...his eye is blue and it's really different looking...!

I know a horse like him, and he looked like that for his first year or so and then began to show scattered white hairs. He is now quite grey, though it took him a lot longer to show signs of it than most and he kept his darker points a long time (usually grey shows up in white around the eye area first and this one never did, he looked grulla for several years).

What are sire and dam's colors? (dam appears a bay pinto if that's her behind him.)

Liz

Hmm, I'd say grulla, black, or blue roan depending on sire/dam colors and how recently he was clipped. He sure looks fine in his harness! And whatever camera your boyfriend has, wow, it's a professional one from the looks of things. He can come take pictures of my horse anytime! Hehehe.

By the way, where did you get the leg wraps and what brand are they? It took me awhile to pinpoint why he looked so much like a big horse but it's those wraps! LOL. You so rarely see them looking in-scale on a mini.

Leia

Thanks everyone. I was thinking grulla as well. What you can't see in the photos is that he has a distinct dorsal stripe. He sire is Lucky Hart's Be Bob N Baby who is a black/smokey black and the dam is black/bay pinto. I wonder if Bobby carries the dun gene. Erick looks blue roan from a distance but when you get up close he doesn't have white hairs mixed into his coat. He was clipped 2 weeks before these photos were taken. His colour has not changed in the 2 weeks.

Yes my fiance's camera is a professional Nikon. It's really nice to have access to it
default_yes.gif
:

The polos were purchased on line and were a gift but I can try and find out where they came from. I love them because they look so sharp and clean.

Just beautiful!!! Those pictures are so SHARP they almost hurt your eyes. VERY VERY nice. The halter looks perfect on him.

Latest posts

Back