Kitty???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RNR

Reaction score
Hello all

I have a cat here that had kittens soetime today I am a little concerned because she dose not seem to know what to do with them she also seems to have NO milk I need opions on what to do do I need to pull them and feed them my self or will she get the hang of it?? In January she had kittens but we did not find them till they were dead she had them and left them.

ANy help would be great!

RNR

You need to call your vet AND get some kitten milk replacer/formula! ASAP Sounds like you're going to have some bottle babies on your hands.....

Eye-droppers or a 3cc syringe will also work if you can't get a kitty bottle.

Hope you don't mind me saying this, but when you get to the vet's, you might want to make an appointment to have your momma cat Spade.

Let us know how it goes for the poor little ones.

MA

Check the mama for milk...just sort of gently squeeze the base of a nipple and watch for a small amount of whitish milk. Try to hook the kittens up on her even if you have to pet her to get her to cooperate. Hand feeding orphaned kittens up to about 3 weeks is usually frustrating and heartbreaking as kittens do not thrive as orphans. If it were me I would do everything I could to get the mama and babies to figure it out......maybe put her and babies in a crate if you have one. Normally mama cats wont leave newborns for a couple days after birth. Kittens more than most animals need the stimulation and contact of their mothers. They also really need to be with their mothers alot longer than most realize, purebred breeders rarely let kittens go before 12 weeks.

good luck, I have tried many times to save tiny kittens and it is always frustrating.

Thanks guys! I think I was just needing some support last night I got milk replacer but have nat had to use it till this morning. I brought her and the babies in and put them in a box in the bath tub and after about a hour she was laying there purring and feeding and caring for her babies. I have an appt for 8 weeks from now to get her fixed!!!!!!!! All our males are fixed but oviosly non of the neghboor cats are!!

I am having to care for one of the babies it is soo tiny I thought it was dead when I got up took it and ahave been working on feeding it was so rigid now it is seeming better now hopefully It will be ok!! I have seen lots of newborn kittens but this one is extremly small

Thanks Again

RNR

PS mom is in the house till that appt to get fixed!!!!

To get mom to stimulate the tiny one, might want to put cheese whiz or peanut butter on its butt.

Keep putting the tiny one on an nipple every 20 minutes or so.... Good Luck
default_wub.png
:

chezze wiz or peanut butter that is Funny :new_rofl:

The baby is doing pretty good eating about 3-5 ccs of milk every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I got it pottying pretty goob. I did have momlick her last night and agin this morning mom was licking the milk off of her and she got her peeing pretty good@

RNR

Good luck with the kittens. I had a ferel mother cat try to abandon her litter of one (who we named Uno), so I put her in a big dog cage with the kitten and she figured it out. Kittens are so cute, please post some pics.

Hello

Kitten is doing great! My sister is calling her Tut!!!! She is eating wonderfully!!

I will try to get pics of her as soon as I can!

RNR

Latest posts

Back