JUST "MY" Opinion of Nationals this year.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to get personal, but since the OP already has... I'd just like to point out the elephant in the room and say that I think there's more going on for the poster than just a show. I don't think it's hard to figure out which former non-anonymous forum member this is, so I'm sure they had a lot more invested into this show than just money and pride. "Myminis," I just want to say to you - I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you had such high hopes - you probably felt like you really "needed" to win to make everything you invested in your horses ok - and that you were so sorely disappointed. If you are who I think you are, then you do have beautiful horses, but I'm sure even the breeders of those horses would be reluctant to call out the equally esteemed breeders and handlers that you are questioning here. Not out of "fear of repercussions," mind you, but out of knowledge and respect. You've received a lot of support from the forum in the past, so it really surprises me that you'd make a post like this, and I'd like to believe that given a few days to calm down and process your feelings you'll be a little more rational, and maybe even thankful for the wins your horses did bring home.

To be truthful, I did not read all the posts on this topic but thought I would post my response.

First of all I want to start off by saying I am a "nobody" I do some of my own showing and some times we have a trainer show are horses. (not one of the "big" name trainers. I have been going to nationals for 5 years. We did okay this year. Not fantastic, not bad. Would I have liked to do better, of course. We had a better year last year getting a national champion and reserve. This year our highest placing was a 3rd. Do I blame anyone but ourselves, NO. Our horses were not in as good of condition this year as they have been in the past.

I actually thought this year seemed to be a lot more fair than in the past 3 years at least. I seen several times those "big" name trainers placing at the bottom or even getting the gate. I was in a driving class and Patty Cloke was next to me. She took the gate right along side of me. I think it was really good trough ammy and then it got slightly more political but not nearly what it had been. Yes a lot of the time the big guys do have the good horses and the best ones out in the ring. But this year I didn't have to say so and so will win because they are in the ring, but instead I picked out the horses I thought would take the top 3 and a lot of times I was right on 2 out of the 3.

It is frustraiting that it is political and I hope it doesn't go to far because that is one reason I got out of big horses. But I make the choice on weather to go or not. We are paying for the judges opinions for those days.

If your horses are truly that good, and you are truly that good, and the only thing stopping you from winning is your lack of a "well known face" you know what you have to do don't you? Get out there and show at a whole bunch of shows so that the judges all get to know your face! Promote your horses. Promote yourself.

So you spoke up. Congratulations. That is so big and wonderful of you. May I point out that it is easy to bash and criticize and scream POLITICS and UNFAIR judging when you're hiding behind a screen name and no one knows who you are. Step forward and introduce yourself! I can guess, though, who you are. You were the one that was out there in the ring casting sour glances at the trainers and their horses, scowling at the judges and just generally looking like a sour puss because you didn't win in the last class you showed in and you KNOW you deserve to win this one but with everything so UNFAIR you aren't likely to even place in this class either. The sourpuss expression is a big turn off you know...it might have made a bigger impression than you know on the judges, and judges remember sourpusses as much as they do faces...pleasant faces.

And no, none of us did miss your point. Not at all. And we know it isn't just about one person; we've just all mentioned Erica because YOU did. She is the one you singled out in your first post and so we all went with that example. She IS a good example--a good example of a youth who has come up through the ranks into amateur and open and excelled at what she does--selecting, breeding and showing good horses.

Do you realize how silly it would be for AMHR Nationals to divide classes into all those sections--big trainer, small trainer, professional amateur (what is that anyway??? someone who makes a profession of being an amateur?
default_laugh.png
) beginner amateur or whatever you called the divisions? You do know that some people could and would take one good horse, send it into the ring with a big name trainer, then send it back into the ring with a small time trainer, and then take it into the ring themselves in whatever amateur division they fit into...and people like you would still find plenty to complain about; you'd still be stamping your feet and ranting about how unfair it all is!

But anyway, I had just been thinking yesterday that we needed a really good thread on here again, things were getting a little dull. Thank you for the entertainment!

Oh, and incidentally, the best horses in the world weren't back in the stalls at that moment, they were right here, out in my pasture! Did you ever consider that?
default_risa_suelos.gif
Sorry, I just thought one silly statement deserved another!!

Tag.. brace yourself.. we agree LOL

Even my 13 yr old whose horse was shown in the open classes has a better grasp..

Her response right after she eagerly awaited and then heard placings and her horse got the gate was simple.. Oh well he was just not what they are looking for this year. He is still the same horse I loved before the class how come kids can get this and some adults can not?

and my big question is...

How come it is only political when someone loses or gets a lower placing? How come that same person crying politics is not crying politics when they win?

How come I have heard oh the judging was awful- just terrible but somehow for the classes they did well in it was amazing judging LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Tag.. brace yourself.. we agree LOLEven my 13 yr old whose horse was shown in the open classes has a better grasp..

Her response right after she eagerly awaited and then heard placings and her horse got the gate was simple.. Oh well he was just not what they are looking for this year. He is still the same horse I loved before the class how come kids can get this and some adults can not?

default_aktion033.gif

Maybe because some adults are not really there for the horses - but just for the ribbons and their own egos. Kids see through all that.

I just reread the OP - and noted that she won 5 times and took 7 horses. That sounds like a good show to me - and yet those five wins were apparently crap and worth a major rant. I am sure many at Nationals would have loved to have one of those five wins - and would not have complained about it.

And that is the last thing I am going to say about any of this...
default_no.gif

LOL, Lisa, see miracles DO happen hahaahha (you and Tag agreeing)

I agree with you both on your recent posting here......

I don't want to get personal, but since the OP already has... I'd just like to point out the elephant in the room and say that I think there's more going on for the poster than just a show. I don't think it's hard to figure out which former non-anonymous forum member this is, so I'm sure they had a lot more invested into this show than just money and pride. "Myminis," I just want to say to you - I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you had such high hopes - you probably felt like you really "needed" to win to make everything you invested in your horses ok - and that you were so sorely disappointed. If you are who I think you are, then you do have beautiful horses, but I'm sure even the breeders of those horses would be reluctant to call out the equally esteemed breeders and handlers that you are questioning here. Not out of "fear of repercussions," mind you, but out of knowledge and respect. You've received a lot of support from the forum in the past, so it really surprises me that you'd make a post like this, and I'd like to believe that given a few days to calm down and process your feelings you'll be a little more rational, and maybe even thankful for the wins your horses did bring home.

I personally believe that you've hit the nail on the head and I for one was just waiting for someone to indicate it.....

Taylor Jo -

I'm sorry you feel this way.......to my knowledge I have never been anything other than nice to you, if I haven't I would like to know just what I did? and yes I have seen you at several shows, and shown against you, it happens when we live just several hours apart.

I'm not going to post a bunch, as I know you love your horses, as I love mine and I'm sorry you are holding things against me that are beyond my control. All I do is try to breed the horses I like, tend to them as youngester (even from in utero), let them grow and mature, teach them manners, fit them to the best of my knowledge, show them to the best of their ability and where the cards fall is where we placed ON THAT DAY, UNDER THOSE JUDGES.....and then we go again to another place, same circumstances and different day, possibly different placings.

....and yes it was sort of easy for me to figure out who the OP was, when a prior post under their profile mentioned a horse you just bought and went to pick up...that was going to nationals.... and looking at the national entries I would easily figure out who the owner of that horse was...

Edited to add: - really I honestly have no hard feelings; I have always just rolled with the punches.....as I will keep doing what I do....evolving my herd and hopefully producing horses that I love to put lots of money, time and effort showing, and having FUN doing it!

Holy #$*%&! Is this TJ???

If so, TJ, take a deep breath. I know, if this is you, there are extenuating circumstances and I now feel MUCH differently about this thread. However, you still have pubically attacked someone and you are an adult and should know better. Please contact me privately and we can talk and you can vent, but a public forum is NOT the place to do it. Please, TJ, take a deep breath. I know you have many stresses right now, but this isn't going to help.

I'm sorry you're having this public meltdown, but I'm also very sorry for Erica and her mother.

Wow, this is not good.

Enough said for my book anyway!!! Good job Erica and I hope to see you next year where I will be doing my dead level best to beat the stuffings out of you!! Friendly competition is what this deal is all about for me anyway.
default_wink.png

I only hope my grandkids turn out as level headed and sincere as you are in your endeavors. The would be great kids if they do!
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png

Vaya Con Dios,

So sad that showing brings out the worst in people.

What gets said is hard to take back.

I believe you first, should be enjoying the shows, and promoting the miniatures and if your horse does well, you should be proud.

I am alittle tired of this bashing certain people.

enough is enough, this forum is not hear to bash people put too learn.

JMO

Thanks Erica. I'm glad your taking it so gracefully. IT IS NOT about YOU at all. I want to thank you for USING my name as that puts me at a great security risk. I WANTED to remain anonymous for that reason, not to HIDE from you all if you so thought that's what I was doing. There are Plenty and will be PLENTY of Erica's and have and will be and has been. It's about changing the AMHR so we can have a better AMHR so it is a MORE FAIR playing field. Erica there were just as nice horses as yours, and those people deserve to win just as much as you, but because of who YOU were they didn't and I don't think that's fair. I'm NOT jealous as others claim to say that I am. I'm wanting to see changes made, so you will be in a class with others like your self so you guy's can compete against each other. That was my point.

Sure I'm NOT the best communicator and sure I may have stepped on toes, and sure you guy's may not have liked what I said, but I STILL believe that those changes need to be made. I don't care what anyone say's it's the truth. I apologize to you personally if it came out wrong to you as that was NOT my intent (PLEASE don't pick this apart like you all have everything else) my intent is to see change. You are good at what you do I don't deny that, DID you have the best horses, No I think there were some there that had just as good if not better, BUT, LISTEN..... LISTEN, I WASN'T the one JUDGING. THEY were so you have to go with the judges opinion.

I want to see change PERIOD. I think the current way is wrong and one sided. Some of them are so busy defending you Erica they can't see it. Sure if someone took a swing at my friend I'd probably defend them too, but I keep saying over and over again, it's not about you PERSONALLY, it's about the BIG TRAINERS, you and everyone as a WHOLE= the group. Change needs to be made.

If you can't get that then I don't know what to tell you. If you felt like I was bashing, I apologize, that wasn't my intent at all, you all missed the point. You were so focused on Erica and me bashing her so you wanted to assume, you didn't even read it, you just read it and went; "OH YOUR BASHING ERICA" ZOOM your a bad person.

I'm sorry I said anything it wasn't worth it and NOW I have to go off for security reasons and it's just as well you didn't get my point anyway. Just forget it, you want it status quo.

I want to compete with my fellow competitors in open and ammy that we have similar backgrounds. If you want to compete with someone Like the Erica's and the BIG TRAINERS then go for it. I'm NOT SAYING, I"M NOT SAYING, LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M NOT SAYING THEY DON'T DESERVE THEY'RE WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SAYING THEY NEED THEY'RE OWN CLASS TO COMPETE IN................... PERIOD. THAT WAS MY WHOLE DARN POINT....... ERICA, CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WINS, YOU DID DESERVE THEM AND YOU DO LOVE YOUR HORSES, I NEVER EVER SAID YOU DIDN'T. I'M JUST SAYING YOU NEED TO COMPETE AT A DIFFERENT LEVEL. I WAS AND AM VERY FRUSTRATED OVER NATIONALS, I SAID THERE COULD HAVE BEEN SOME MORE FAIRNESS IN IT AND I STILL BELIEVE THAT.

This whole thing is slightly annoying since this is a HORSE show not a people show... and the horses should be judged anyways .. We shouldnt be dividing people
default_rolleyes.gif

Well, no matter how many divisions there are, and how many times you divide classes- there can be only one winner- and that cannot be changed. So if those classes are not won, should they all be divided again?

I'm wanting to see changes made, so you will be in a class with others like your self so you guy's can compete against each other. That was my point
That's what I don't get......I show amha and show Level 2 and open (though I have never even shown at worlds)....and I show ammy and open at AMHR...

Everything I do comes out of MY POCKET! I am in no way a professional; my dream job since I was little yes, but at this point of my life I don't think it's the right step...

I had 13 horses in my show barn; showed and qualifed, clipped, bathed, trained, hauled, mucked stalls, conditioned, took to the vet, hauled hay for, paid entry fees on ext....

I work my butt off to show my own horses. It's not easy. I work a full time "job" to pay for my HOBBY that I'm so addictied to (or better lack of words)...

For the record, my first national show was in 98 and I came home with ONE ribbon (a 7th place) in jumping....I had just turned 14 and took 3 horses and showed in youth and open classes, and all I came home with was that one ribbon, but gosh darn I was proud of it.

99, I took my first home bred horse to Nationals along with a few others, and came home with a Res. National Champion in an open class...

But my first National Champion with a Homebred horse was the first year we were at Tulsa (02?).....

It's not been an easy road....and next year I may not win a single class, time will tell, but you can beat I can go enjoy myself and my horses in Tulsa.

Sorry I get caught up in this, but it just irks me wrong when someone says it's because of my (or any one eles's) "name"......

As far as being anonymous; anyone could have found out.....anyone that is a member of this forum can look at prior posts and put 2 and 2 together.

It wasn't me calling out anything that can't be found....

As far as my friends backing me up. Honestly probably 3/4 of the people posted I have never meet in person, but I should would love for them or anyone to come visit with me and I truely appreicate them for all the kind words (they mean A LOT!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back