Just for fun..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniequine

Reaction score
This comes from a conversation at work today...

What tune makes ya wanna GET IT GOING down the road???

There are so many but what popped into my mind right away...

Radar Love by GoldenEaring...

What's yours???
biggrin.gif

Sandy

There are a lot of them that "make me" drive too fast! The first one I thought of when I read what you wrote is "Tripping on a Hole in a Paper Heart" by Stone Temple Pilots.
biggrin.gif

The song that first came to me was the rock song "I Can't Drive 55!" LOL
biggrin.gif

Radar Love also!!! Years ago I was driving along and trying to figure out a name for my new Dobie puppy. That song came on the radio, foot hit the pedal a little more and dog was registered as Radar Luv. What a classic!!

Getting me to drive over 45 MPH would be impossible.

That does tend to get the semi drivers a bit teed off though if they are stuck behind me.

However! I totally will dance in my seat!
488.gif
488.gif
488.gif
488.gif
488.gif

It would be anything by the Beach Boys of course.

There's lots of rock and roll that makes me do these things while I'm driving that the boys hate me to do. Oh they get so mad "mom, stop that will ya?"

I do enjoy Bon Jovi while driving that's for sure. "it's my life"..... Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf would be good or Gimmee Some Lovin by Spencer Davis group would be another but you youngins wouldn't know about that one I supposed. Mostly any rock and roll would do things to me though.
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
One of 'em is A Million Miles Away by The Plimsouls or Living on the Ceiling by Blancmange.

Run Riot by Def Leppard

View to a Kill by Duran Duran, Eddie Money, "Shakin'"

That's just when I'm in an 80's mood...

The Hunter by Danzig....or Days Go By by Dirty Vegas (y'know, the song from the Mitsubishi commercial that had the girl sort of dancing in the front seat doing the robot or something...?

Trevor Rabin, "Boost Me" from the Gone in Sixty Seconds soundtrack.

Nine Inch Nails, "Only"

I guess I have a lot of songs that are fun to drive fast to...probably not a good thing, though I will say that I have only one speeding ticket to my name, gotten in 1986....for 69 mph in a 55.

Fastest I have ever driven on road: 130 mph. (don't remember what was on the stereo...)

Liz M.

Proud Mary is a deffinate lead foot song. All Jacked Up by Gretchen Wilson. And I too like Radar Love.

Fran

Who Wouldn't Wanna Be Me, Keith Urban

If I ever get a speeding ticket it'll be because I had Keith Urban playing to loud!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, OK, OK, there are too many :D First one to pop in my head would be:

"You Got Another thing Coming" by Judas Priest or Highway to H#$* by AC/DC then again I drive fast anyway(OOPS) so even the Carpenters, Clost to You would get me. Hey Marty if ya ever see a black car with NC tags driving by wave to me! HAHAHAHAHA, just kidding. I think it's the car and not me, yea right
new_shocked.gif

Just about anything by ACDC and "You Got Another thing Coming" by Judas Priest is right up there as well!

I am not a fast driver either but.. ever seen that show motormouth with hidden cameras on those that dance and sing while driving.. ummm that would be me
rolleyes.gif

first one that comes to mind is flying high by ozzy or of course welcome to the jungle- guns n roses those might make me hit about 55

Black Betty by Ram Jam

Play That Funky Music White Boy by Wild Cherry

Disco, especially KC and the Sunshine Band

I drive a classic Corvette...(1978 Silver Anniversary)...so I am constantly aware I am in a high-profile car that will catch law enforcement's eye. I don't drive fast, but I do have a tendency to get-up-to-speed, um, "quickly", shall we say? :D

Heidi

I dont need music to make me drive fast. Do that way to much already.

However I do feel really young as I dont reconize most of them songs.

another granny driver here...however I do like to be up to the speed limit before passing under the light
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
.....I also sing and bop around with my music way too loud........I want an old jag with as many gears as possible so I can rip through them then drive slow
biggrin.gif
I like shifting
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the jungle will get me going the speed limit........so will a number of other's such as a song by that devil worshipper group
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
something in the song about exit light enter night........had that song blasting the speakers outta my car.......my son was impressed and then informed me...mom that is Ozzy....yeah so he is old like me
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

ewww that system of the down ...they are a bunch of whacked out freaks....they have one song that just gets me confused and leaves me with a headache
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

anything by led zepplin will do it

the song crazy train...again I think that is Ozzy
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

runamuk said:
...such as a song by that devil worshipper group
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif
  something in the song about exit light enter night........had that song blasting the speakers outta my car.......
Metallica is NOT a devil worshipper group!
biggrin.gif
I've seen them in concert several times. They ROCK!
yes.gif

"Enter Sandman" is that song... exit light, enter night, take my hand, we're off to never never land!

Thanks, now its' gonna be stuck in my head! I better get out the CD and listen to the whole thing.

Heidi

Keith Urban, Gretchen Wilson....Garths fast songs...

Anything AC/DC!

Heidi said:
runamuk said:
...such as a song by that devil worshipper group
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif
  something in the song about exit light enter night........had that song blasting the speakers outta my car.......
Metallica is NOT a devil worshipper group!
biggrin.gif
I've seen them in concert several times. They ROCK!
yes.gif

"Enter Sandman" is that song... exit light, enter night, take my hand, we're off to never never land!

Thanks, now its' gonna be stuck in my head! I better get out the CD and listen to the whole thing.

Heidi

478200[/snapback]

Thats it metallica..cannot stand them but like that one song
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
come on now the parenting class I took taught me all about these devil worshipping bands
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
metallica, ac/dc, ozzy, black sabbath, nine inch nails, system of the down........I am not to let my teen listen to any of this as it leads to bad behavior
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
of course they didn't say anything about us parent's not listening
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Here is that old stick in the mud again. I enjoy music while driving but there is not any music that will make me drive at a speed not reasonable an prudent. Been there done that got the t-shirt and the remembrance cards they give out at funerals. When speed gets over the posted limits there is not such thing as a minor accident. We all know people who have paid the price for their own or sombody elses foolishness behind the wheel. Was I always this way, No but I pride myself on not having to make all of the mistakes myself and learn from other peoples. We have to learn from the mistakes of others because life is just to short for us to make all of them on our own. PS I did drive through the New Jersey State Police Radar when I was fresh out of the service I did not get caught. - 1968 Dodge Charger, Metallic Blue with white vinyl top and white interior. I forget the engine but I think it was a 440 police interceptor. Young dumb and foolish, yep that was me

Latest posts

Back