Journal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiss This

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just spoke to the Journal lady & she said Dec/Jan is being mailed out tomorrow. Feb/March is being mailed out Thursday. Hooray
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Lots of reading coming your way.

default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you're been patient, but I've been getting a little ticked. About time!

That means I might have my issues by April or May; we are snowed in with no mail service.

I'm glad to see it's on it's way.....but like some others have posted, as someone who a pretty avid advertiser and putting quite a bit of money into ads (not to mention as always super excitied to see them in print) it's quite a bit of downer when what you spent so much on is now "old news" as it's really a half a year post the event....

I know it's not Betty's fault at all and I APPAULD her for getting the Feb issue out already - that's really awesome!!! and makes me so happy as now I can go back to advertising in the August pre-nationals issue as I know it will be out "before" nationals....I've cut that out of my advertising budget the last two years as it was not a good investment when that issue was coming out at or even after nationals

Maybe you're been patient, but I've been getting a little ticked. About time!
Its a shame that the National issue is just now getting out, but I am glad to see the next issue is ready to be mailed out now. Hopefully with the new editor our Journal will just get better.

Yep I have to admit I will recently fall amoung the group that is a little ticked... I hope that now it will be on time once again. And absolutely thanks to the hard work to get it caught up and back on track.

Really wanted to increase our advertising this past year and boy did we pick the wrong time to do that, and for whatever reason the problems stemmed from does not really matter.. Although we stuck to it and went the full year it was very disappointing especially in this economy with limited income and trying to put your advertising dollars in the best spot, HOWEVER with that being said, I am EXTREMELY Excited with the prospect of the future of the Journal and will continue and even increase as I know the reputation and the quality of work Ms. Betty has always given to her work in the past, I know she will put her best foot forward..
default_yes.gif

I got my Journal a couple of days ago!

So many gorgeous horses!!!!!

default_saludando.gif
default_wub.png

Bonnie

Last edited by a moderator:
l just got my Oct/Nov issue about a week ago...pretty sad really.

Sorry meant to say the timing was sad not the ponies..they were beautiful including my neighbors ad in there..
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone likes to point fingers at the editor as the problem (in this case, the past editor) but that is simply not the case. For those of you who missed the explanation - the management of the organization (i.e., BOD and office powers that be) decided to get involved in a horse promotion program without adequately investigating what ASPC/AMHR's involvement would ultimately involve and cost and pulled out (VERY wisely I might add) at the last moment. Meanwhile, just about every "signature" (i.e., group of pages in the Journal that are a multiple of 4) had something on them related to this equine event and MASSIVE changes were required on many, many of the pages after it was ready to put to bed. The editorial staff were NOT at fault for this, and I applaud our previous editor for suffering a lot of uncalled-for blame with the dignity and grace that she did.

And KUDOS to Betty for stepping into such a hornet's nest! I hope she has a suit of armor for dealing with the junk some people have dished out in the past!

Everyone likes to point fingers at the editor as the problem (in this case, the past editor) but that is simply not the case. For those of you who missed the explanation - the management of the organization (i.e., BOD and office powers that be) decided to get involved in a horse promotion program without adequately investigating what ASPC/AMHR's involvement would ultimately involve and cost and pulled out (VERY wisely I might add) at the last moment. Meanwhile, just about every "signature" (i.e., group of pages in the Journal that are a multiple of 4) had something on them related to this equine event and MASSIVE changes were required on many, many of the pages after it was ready to put to bed. The editorial staff were NOT at fault for this, and I applaud our previous editor for suffering a lot of uncalled-for blame with the dignity and grace that she did.
Thank you Jean! I have been saying this for months to no avail. People just dont understand what the previous editor was put through trying to get these out. I am also really disappointed in how it was all handled. People need to understand that the editor works under the direction of the BOD and office. There are so many things they have zero control over.

The Journal has been coming out late for the past couple of years now it didn't start just this year. It doesn't matter anymore its best to look towards the future and try and make the Journal better.

We can go back and forth over why it was late but Jamie is right it has been late for more then just one issue.It has been going on for years. The reality is that does not matter anymore. We have a new editor everyone including myself is confident that issues will be out on time. I look forward to seeing the Oct/Nov issue even if some of us are already starting a new show season already
default_laugh.png

Is this mag worth subscribing to if you don't show? Does it have informative articles as well as lots of eye candy?

I believe if you become an AMHR member than it is a part of the membership fee unfortunately as it's not considered a magazine, but a newsletter. I'm excited to see what the new editor will do with it. The Journal was very inconsistent way before what happened last year. That just pushed it over the edge. That being said, I will not point any fingers at the previous editor as I was never in her shoes and have no idea what she had to deal with (I can guess though and I'm sure it wasn't fun).

Is this mag worth subscribing to if you don't show? Does it have informative articles as well as lots of eye candy?
If you want eye candy and informative articles, I suggest the MHW magazines! The Journal does have a new editor who put out an amazing miniature horse magazine a while ago so keep an eye out for the new ones this year. I am sure she will get things back on track and there will be more informative articles.

Good to hear. You know Betty at the helm will make a world of difference in the Journal! It should look better and be out on time. She's done a fantastic job with every other publication.

Back