JNK Miniatures is up on MareStare!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
WOOHOO

. . . . .is all that I can say after having to work so hard to get everything up and running properly! Hughes Net WILL WORK and get decent feed if you have the PROFESSIONAL PACKAGE for your internet. Only problem is you can only run it for about 7 hours so we can work with that plus, our live feed refreshes a pretty good bit however we have good clarity and you can still have a good idea about what's going on - plenty enough to know if a mare has gone down into labor or not. Heather has been such a big help and I appreciate her and her services so very much! Anyhoo, now we can get serious about focusing on these mares, which I must say are already progressing nicely. 

Our link is http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php?alias=jnkminiatures and we will be streaming live from 11PM AT NIGHT THROUGH 6AM IN THE MORNING!

1. "Sugar" - solid silver bay mare - proven non-high risk mare - 290 days @ 2/3 - 330 days @ 3/16
  2. "Allula" - black tovero mare - maiden - 290 days 2/8 @ - 330 days @ 3/21
  3. "Missy" - palomino tovero mare (looks practically white in the cams) - high risk red bag delivery mare - 290 days 2/19 @ - 330 days @ 4/1
Like I said, I would appreciate all the help I can get as Sugar has fully dropped, is working hard on her udder, won't hardly let me touch her anymore, is flemming, kicking at her belly and biting at her belly. I believe foaling is very close for her. Plus Allula is steadily working on her udder as well and since she is a maiden I do not believe that she will give me much warning. Missy is a very high risk mare who has proven herself to be a red-bag delivery mare. My husband is gone on basic training for his correctional officer position and can't help me watch monday through friday. 

Thanks guys and god bless you all, 

Katie

Oh my gosh, blees your heart, what a difference a day makes! I am so happy for you, now if I could only I could get some thing besides dial up I could watch, but we don't get any thing down here in the boonies, and I refuse to pay $500 for hughsnet.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I was able to access it by going straight to the marestare site and clicking the public cams but all I get is the Marestare logo

Last edited by a moderator:
I am only streaming from 11pm to 6am to save on bandwidth usage so I don't get charged like crazy! Oh and Riverrose, it's about $100/month for HughesNet - don't know who gave you a $500 quote!! Eek! 
default_new_shocked.gif

Well darn, Guess I will miss the happy events. I am in bed before 10 and though up early, running around like crazy taking care of critters.

Good luck and glad you got the cams up, the extra eyes do come in handy!

I am only streaming from 11pm to 6am to save on bandwidth usage so I don't get charged like crazy! Oh and Riverrose, it's about $100/month for HughesNet - don't know who gave you a $500 quote!! Eek! 
default_new_shocked.gif

I am so glad that you have it all resolved. They looked very sweet. One was sleeping flat out with her legs straight and she gave me a fright!
new_shocked.gif
It stopped running at about 3.30- 4.00am your time (10.00am my time)

I get up at 6.00am (12..00 your time) and I will willingly flick on and watch your ladies.

Excuse me if I am a bit stupid but can you explain the camera position as they all look very pale almost white apart from the one that sleeps flat out who has a coloured head.

something like this would be good:

top left is:

Bottom left is.

top right is:

bottom right is:

thanks Renee

Glad to hear you got it up and running. I am sleeping so much better at night knowing that there are eyes on her. I have friends in different time zones from chat so I know she's got eyes on her or if the cam drops or freezes I'll get a call.

Karen

I am so glad that you have it all resolved. They looked very sweet. One was sleeping flat out with her legs straight and she gave me a fright!
new_shocked.gif
It stopped running at about 3.30- 4.00am your time (10.00am my time)
Yeah. . .That's my maiden mare Allula - she's my lazy girl who loves to lay flat out in her stall and scare the life out of me too until I figured out she just loves to sleep! Good thing I don't have an alarm on her, otherwise I could find myself very very tired and with a major headache!

<BR sab="621">

I get up at 6.00am (12..00 your time) and I will willingly flick on and watch your ladies.
Thanks! I really appreciate it - I am trying to snooze a little bit during the night and stay awake and watch them too, so any extra eyes are really appreciated!

<BR sab="622">

Excuse me if I am a bit stupid but can you explain the camera position as they all look very pale almost white apart from the one that sleeps flat out who has a coloured head. <BR sab="623">
Hehe not a problem - they do look pale and so color isn't easily discernable that is except for Allula and her giant black head!

top left is: Allula in the foreground and Missy in the background

Bottom left is. Sugar in the foreground and Missy in the background

top right is: Sugar

bottom right is: Allula

Sugar is due first with her 290 day mark being 2/3 and her 330 day mark being 4/16. However I don't think she's gonna even get close to 330 as she is showing so many signs that tell me she will probably go before or on 2/18 which is our neext full moon. Plus we have tons of highs and lows coming with our weather so she could go with the barometric pressue too with all this crazy weather.

Allula is due second with her 290 day mark being 2/8 and her 330 day mark being 4/21. She **may** get closer to 330 days but I doubt it as she is already forming a really nice udder and seems to be more and more uncomfortable by the day with all the butt rubbing against the wall.

Missy isn't due until later so that's why she isn't exactly as "important" as the two other gals just yet, but last year this setup worked good enough that I could tell she was in hard labor anyways. Her 290 day mark is 2/19 and her 330 day mark is 4/1. <BR sab="628">

Glad to hear you got it up and running. I am sleeping so much better at night knowing that there are eyes on her. I have friends in different time zones from chat so I know she's got eyes on her or if the cam drops or freezes I'll get a call. <BR sab="609">
ANYBODY ANYTIME can call me if the cam goes down, something looks funny or strange for any reason at all! I'd rather have tons of calls every night than let the cams go down while I'm snoozing and then lookey there. . .someone decides to foal and noone knows or can see anything!

I have updated my website to where ALL my contact information is on it - it's there for a reason, don't hesitate to use it!
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back