ivermectin gold

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb

Reaction score
Hi everyone, is ivermectin GOLD a safe wromer for minis? i know not to use quest, but havnt used iver gold and would like to? thanks for your replies, appreciate it
default_smile.png

Also, my vet knows (and approves) that I always aim to overdose the regular ivermectin to my horses, since too little does NO good and too much will not hurt. So, awhile back I asked about the overdose threshold on the Gold stuff and was told it has a very high overdose threshold and not to worry.

This is Ivermectin + Praziquantel and will kill Tapeworms. It is deemed safe for pregnant mares and is OK for Minis. I would be careful of overdosing though as the Praziquantel side is a little sensitive- not dangerous, but take care with it- get it as close to the weight of the horse as possible. Had you intended to worm for Tapes???

That is because it is only Ivermectin + Praziquantel.

Calling it "gold" gives people the idea it is something special.

Over here it is called "Duo" which I think is more explanatory.

We can also get Praziquantel on it's own, no need to buy it as a dual package.

Tapeworming usually only needs to be done once a year.

I would still like to highly recommend that everyone does a faecal check on each of their fields at least once a year, even when worming properly and religiously.

Weird questions...or perhaps not. Why should there not be food in their mouth when deworming? Ya ever just do things because "they" say so? Well I want to know why.

Weird questions...or perhaps not. Why should there not be food in their mouth when deworming? Ya ever just do things because "they" say so? Well I want to know why.
Sorry- you have lost me- where is any of this written??????

Why should there not be food in their mouth when deworming?
Because if the horse drops or spits out the food the dewormer is lost also.

Back