It's with a very heavy heart...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry to hear of you losing her. She was a very pretty girl

I'm so sorry....
default_sad.png

I wanted to ad, please when your heart is on the mend, please share your story. I know we feel like lousy owners or that we will get judged when these things happen. It may take several months until you are feeling up to sharing. It took me months to even reach out to discuss my mares freak injury which caused her to loose her eye, but it not only helps you heel, it gives insight on how to expect the unexpected. Things happen unfortunately, structural defects or faults can pose risks, horses can innocently get into trouble, they eat things they shouldn't or things that were deemed safe, but weren't ( lost a weanling to an impaction caused by pelletized bedding several years back) and, as in my casewith the mare that lost her eye, 30 seconds was all it took, 30 seconds I wish I could take back and she would still have her eye.

Praying your heart finds a way to mend.

Thank you all for your kind words.. This has definitely been my hardest loss, I had so much riding on my gorgeous girl... I just can't believe she's gone..

I am soo sorry to read this.....

I lost my stallion back in late March due to a freak stall accident....he tried to jump the wall between him and some mares, but got his foot caught going over....his foot was hooked on the side he should have been on, but he landed in with the mares. He was still alive when I found him....one of the worst days ever for me, and it still haunts me when I walk in the barn.....I was able to get him unstuck by myself, but he was euthanized immediately....I miss him.....

~kathryn

Latest posts

Back