Its Another Appy New Year Here

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairicane

Reaction score
Wait till u hear this ones story! Lady finally foaled after a 2 year pregnancy, well not quite. Lady certainly looked like she was in foal for 2007, yep I wrote the year right. She spent most

of 2007 in the foaling pen as she was big as a house and had a little bag that came and went. Then in spring 08 I put her back in the appy mares pasture with Bart our fewspot/snowcap appy stud. Never saw her in heat in 07 or 08. She just got more enormous and back in the foaling pen 2 or 3 more times. I had decided she was too heavy to get pregnant and was about ready to put her on a strict diet. But late in 08 suddenly her belly dropped noticably and I put an alarm on her in the foaling pen but she still had no more bag than had been there for 2 years! So when she set off the alarm friday i was not excited in the least but I did go look. She was right under the kitchen window and was rolling. I thought oh great , colic!! Its a very dark spot and I could not hardly see her. Then I saw her pushing, oops i ran for sheets and towels. Got a sheet under her back end and felt feet coming out. In the dark I got ahold of 2 feet but no head. I was thinking " oh no where is her head" but the body was coming out now. Then I realized her head was hanging way down but was there, whew! And I felt (since i couldnt see) that we had a FILLY!

Now the question is WHOS the DADDY? She was in the foaling pen when she must have been bred.

I do have our old Orion son in that pen but had not seen him breed for a good while now. But at the end of 07/early 08 our Little Kings Black Velvet son was allowed loose in the foaling pen at times as he was stalled. I will confirm it with dna testing but Im thinking she is Velvets daughter. Either one of those stallions are great and make this filly a KEEPER. She is very pretty and icing on the cake is she is an appy!!
default_wub.png

LADYFILLY2DLEFTSIDEFACECAMCLOSE.jpg

LADYFILLYSHOWCOLORTOPVIEW2D.jpg

LADYSFILLYTROTFRONTSIDEclose2D.jpg

Here she is with lovely mom, Spotted Lady trying out those legs

LADYWFILLYTROTLEFTOK2D.jpg

Yes Lady is chewing on spanish moss while chasing after her baby, lol.

LADYWFILLYRUNHEADONgood2D.jpg

Soon we will have several more foals here by the looks of all the giant bellies around here.
default_biggrin.png

BB Code Help Toggle Side Panel

I love looking at those spots and I really hope they become more and more popular in the show ring this year.

Im glad u all enjoyed my story. She about drove me crazy for so long I was really losing hope. And to farther drive me insane she didnt fall away on top or get boney looking like almost all mares do and then combined with just a slight bag for 2 full years, well I was ready to pull my hair out! Im sure some of you reading this can relate
default_yes.gif

She's a DOLL!!! Definitely worth the wait!!!
default_wub.png
Congratulations!

Loved reading your story Jen! I thought watching a mare for 3 weeks was bad, I cannot even imagine what you went thru.
default_biggrin.png

Congratulations she is a keeper! Can't wait to see what is under all that baby fuzz.

She just wanted to change the rules Jen that's all LOL
default_laugh.png

Gorgeous filly! I can see why you want to keep her.
default_smile.png

Congratulations on your filly Jen! She's a doll! Oh the stories Lady could tell LOL!

Congratulations
default_smile.png

You are all lucky to have foaling season so early. I still have till March/April before I have any foals. All I can do is drool and wait.

What a lovely surprize!! Congratulations, I love her
default_wub.png
Joyce

Last edited by a moderator:
Congradulations Jen. Another great looking appy foal. I always look forward to your babies each year.

OH MY...GORGEOUS>>>BOTH OF THEM!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

(Mama is soooo pretty too!!!!!!)

I will jump in and say I think she belongs to Slate!!!
default_wub.png

I think she's well done LOL. Very pretty filly (don't you wish mom could talk!
default_wink.png
)

Jan

Wow! I am glad she is finally here for you :)

She is beautiful and so is her gorgeous mom :)

Susan O.

Latest posts

Back