iPhones, Androids, Tablets, ETC... programs and gaget recommendations?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Knowing I'm not the only one of us that has these things, I wonder what are some of your favorite apps / games, and some neat gagets you may have?

I have two smart phones (iPhone & Android) because one is for personal calls and one is so clients can have a cell phone number for me. I also have an Android tablet (Toshiba Thrive). I love all three of these things, but surprisingly prefer the android platform
default_yes.gif

One neat gaget I just got for my truck, which doesn't have blue tooth like my other ride, is this little FM transmitter / charger / holder. It holds either of my smart phones (andriod or iphone) and will charge them, hold them for hands free, act as a speaker phone AND broadcast my music, books and calls to the stereo system of the truck. It works great and cost $12!

Another thing I love for some of the apps and games are these styllus pens I got on eBay. They're pretty matalic looking in different colors and it was $5/10 of them. They work on all my devices.

My hardcore game addiction is to "Scramble with Friends". It's a boggle spinoff and omg -- SOOOO much fun! I play it with some of you
default_smile.png
and would play it with anyone who gets it. I could play it for hours on end, it's so addictive!

What about you guys? Have any favorite apps or gadgets to tell us about?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also like words with friends and draw something....I quit playing so much though because both of those games really suck down my data usage and battery, but they are alot of fun.

Love playing words with friends with my nieces and SIL. Family hides the scrabble board when we go on vacation together. We learned the hard way, never let our husbands fill in for us when we need to run out, whoever leaves ends up coming to back to a bunch of three and four letter words. No need for that with the words with friends.

I've considered the stylus, I didnt know how well they worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my first Android phone a few weeks ago. I'm a big music person, so I've really enjoyed PowerAmp which is probably the best music app for Android. I'm also really liking Mobo Video which is a nice little movie viewer...seems like it'll play anything.

I will have to check those aps out. I think android makes it much easier to manipulate music, picture, audio book and video files.

Stylus pens work really well. I don't use them on all the applications but for they do keep fingerprints off the screens and are more precise. They work on any touch screen application. It tips of the stylus pens kinda feel like hollow erasers.works on iPhones, Droid, and tablet.

I also really like to live wallpapers that you can get on android. I have a neat sunlowers one that changes the sky according to the time of day and weather. The sunflowers sway with the wind. And a join one that is so realistic.

Plus, with android, I love you bility to talk versus type.

I love these gadgets!

I too love scrabble, so play both "Abble-Dabble, and "Abble-Dabble Vamped". Addicted for sure. They are only available on a iphone/ipod touch, and was the main reason I sold my android and bought an iphone after I gave my ipod touch to my grand daughter.
default_yes.gif

I also love my Yatzy Addict
default_giveup.gif

I went to Verizon last week to replace my R2D2 Droid with an iPhone 4s and walked out with the Droid Razr Maxx. That had been my choice, but the iPhone had the cool factor, but the Droid won out once again. So far really happy with it, and the much bigger screen.

My favorite is Words with Friends by far and I also play a lot of Jewels.

My Droid phone is the Droid Bionic, and I like it better than my iPhone 4. I think I can upgrade my iPhone now at a discount but thought I'd wait and see what the iPhone 5 looks like... then either do that or another Droid. The phones are so much fun!

Back