Incredible shrinking gelding

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paige

Reaction score
Just noticed that the next couple of shows I'm planning on attending offer two senior geldings classes 32 and under and over 32 to 34. At the first show of the year my one senior gelding measured in at 32 inches, a full inch smaller than the normal 33 inches he has always measured at at AMHR shows. Because there was a huge line up of horses to measure and a stewart who wanted to go home, I really didn't think too much about it, and at the time I didn't realize that I'd have the chance to show in two different height divisions at upcoming shows. Am I stuck with this measurement or can I have him re-measured at the next show? I have two senior under geldings so it would be great to be able to show them in different classes and not have to find someone else to show one. The "shrinking" gelding was also so naughty at the last show, taking a nose dive into the sand to roll during a halter clinic to my significant other's horror, I'm not sure I'd be able to convince someone else to show him!

At AMHR shows you can get a new measurement for each show and you can get up to three measurements per show.

A Sr. Gelding would be 3 years old or older for A or R shows. At that they would have to measure under 34" for under at R and over 34" for over at R shows. If you are talking about an A show then your 32" gelding can show 30-32 and your taller one, (if not over 34) can show in 32-34 class. I am not sure that R breaks the classes down in size, only by "under or over" and goes by age. I have not shown an "aged" horse in R, only yearlings and two year olds.

Beth

*oops, just reread your post. The one that measured 32" can go in either class even without being remeasured. Both A and R let you measure three times.

Last edited by a moderator:
AMHR shows do sometimes break them down Mizbeth.

You can get him remeasured at the next show if you want. But I do beleive when they measure on the break like that its your choice what class you want them in.

Latest posts

Back