I'm SO EXCITED!!! and WWYD?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagicTheMini

Reaction score
well as the title says...I'm getting my Smart Cart TODAY and I'm SO EXCITED!!!! We are picking it up today from the Carriage Barn in Camarillo at about 3pm!

My delima is that on Thursday Magic and I are going to be in a clinic at Equine Affaire. We are currently driving in a regular Easy entry (like a Frontier, but I think a knock-off), so the new cart will be significantly heavier...Should I take my new cart or just stick with our regular one? My gut tells me to just stick with our regular one, but maybe I am playing it safe. This is assuming everything fits properly with my harness and Magic. I will only be able to drive 2x with the Smart Cart before the clinic. I think Magic is relatively fit, but he is not SUPER fit. He can drive out on the trails for about a hour and be tired, but still have a little left. The clinic is supposed to be from 4:30 to 6 plus warm up so I am think about 2 hrs in the cart...What would you do? L

I would stay with the easy entry. I think it will be good for audiences to see what you can do with an easy-entry, too!

Andrea

Congratulations!!! Lucky you. I drool over one but can't afford it just yet.

Go with your gut - guts are seldom wrong
default_biggrin.png
You both need more time with the new cart before you go showing it off.

Way cool! I really like my Smart Cart!

However, they are a fair bit heavier than the EE, and if he is tired on the trails after an hour with that cart, I do think it would be too much for him to pull the Smart Cart for the clinic.

Working in the arena is hard--especially when you are working on new stuff, like at a clinic--and he will probably get more tired doing that than spending the same amount of time trotting in a straight line on the trails. The arena may be questionable footing, too, where lightness would be an advantage.

Fortunately, once you are consistently working him in the new cart, he will be used to the weight and it will be no problem! Then you can increase your distances and speeds to increase fitness.

Thanks! I thought that we would not want to use it. I really know after pulling it myself, even just moving it from the truck to the garage. I can definately feel the difference in weight. I'm still excited! L

Excited for you! Have fun at the clinic : ) I am with MiniHGal in sticking with what you are using now and get the most learning out of the clinic : )

Back