If you have a problem with my Journal Column................

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLC Stables

Reaction score
Folks I am coming on here with this as I got the most HORRIBLE letter in the mail today...........I want this person's phone number and address to reply to them, but they only put a name. No return address on the envelope, and no phone number or e-mail. Pretty tacky if you ask me.

This was attacking my column that just came out in the June issue of the Journal, and how I raved about one show and that is all.......................FOLKS THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT. When we have to have our columns in to the journal office we have our deadline a month or sometimes a bit more than that before the journal ever comes out. NO OTHER SHOW HAD HAPPENED FOR THE YEAR EXCEPT FOR THE ONE I WROTE ABOUT.

There was no reason for me to be reprimanded via a letter about what I wrote, and the exact words in the first sentence were, Just who do you think you are for writing such a newsletter as this one. You downgraded every show put on in the area but this one you wrote about.

So 8th Area, it says I must apologize to you, but I won't. I write what I feel, and since no one ever sends me anything that is what happens.........I can see why poor Amy Roberts has to work hard to get people to write columns because people ATTACK the VOLUNTEERS that write.

Yikes!!! Why is it people can't think before they write, e mail is too quick, We need to back and write with a pen, gives us time to think before we do something dumb
default_smile.png

Hang in there and Thanks for doing what you do.

LOL...Edited to correct sex...LOL Rob!

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry for the letter you recieved, Volunteers are hard to find.

I have not recieved my June issue yet, not sure why?

Keep up the good work :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Well Rob, I had to go back and see what you wrote and it looks all fine and good to me. You can only put in the items that people contribute to you and talk about the shows that have happened as of the deadline and honestly you don't have to defend yourself to anyone, it is YOUR column to do as you like while you volunteer for Area 8!!! Some folks just have too much time on their hands!!!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Pam

lilhorseladie said:
Yikes!!! Why is it people can't think before they write, e mail is too quick, We need to back and write with a pen, gives us time to think before we do something dumb
default_smile.png

Hang in there girl and Thanks for doing what you do.
Uh, Staci? This person DID write with a pen. And Rob is a boy. :lol:

Leia

Yep. You're a bad, bad person my friend. Saying all those nice things, reporting on accomplisments and new foals--what were you thinking :new_shocked: :new_shocked:

Sorry you got trashed for putting in extra time and effort. Reminds me of all the pats on the back I got for putting in over 100 hours on the Rulebook over a 2 year period. NOT.

Do what you do because you love it--and know that for every person that complains there are 100's more that need to get around to telling you how much they appreciate you!!

Love ya
default_wub.png
:

Rob, try not to let it get you down.

I am not sure what was up that person's you know what, but they probably have nothing better to do and for that you have to feel sorry for THEM.

I'm sorry for someone's insensitivity and ignorance. I've not found anything amiss w/your column in all the time you've been writing it. I do realize the magazine has to go to press quite a while before it actually appears in our mailboxes, and so it tends to be "old news" but I still enjoy reading it anyway.

Liz

lilhorseladie said:
default_smile.png

Hang in there girl and Thanks for doing what you do.
Uh, Staci? This person DID write with a pen. And Rob is a boy. :lol:

Leia
UGGG>>> I give up
default_smile.png
I thought he said e mail. It is one of those nights, selective reading, probably proves the point about the crabby reader. ;)

Rob

I enjoy your column in the Journal very much. Please keep on writing it. Thanks!!!

Rob I love what you write
default_wub.png
: And like you said it is hard to put thing in there that have not happened yet . And if no one sends you thing to put in then you have no choice but to put thing in that you know have happened .

Well keep up the VERY GOOOOOOOD WORK and don't let this bother you , I know you and you only do good thing from the little horses and people that you are a round , Jody

[SIZE=12pt]Oh Rob,,,[/SIZE]

What a bummer. You can only do what you can do. And if you doing your best, too bad for everyone else. Too bad this person had to upset you. It is not a fun job when you basically have to pry news out of peoples hands. Whoever this person is, could not do a better job so don't sweat it, man.

Folks, Rob called me to see if I knew who the person who wrote the letter was. She signed her name, but provided no return address for Rob to respond to. In my years of announcing AMHA and AMHR shows in the Northwest and in other areas, I have never heard of the person who wrote the letter. As Rob pointed out, he can only write what has been sent to him or things that he has witnessed personally. At press time for the June issue, the only AMHR show that had been held in the Northwest was the Orgon Gold show - which Rob attended. As we have all pointed out he did NOT snub any other shows or unduly make one sound better than the others. The person writing the letter was so poorly informed they sounded very unintellkigent in the letter. You have to get your facts straight and ensure you know all the facets of things BEFORE you begin to call someone out as not performing their volunteer position properly and accuse them unjustly.

Kepp up the good work Rob - You Da Man! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Mark Bullington

Well you know what they say--everyone's a critic--but only a select group have the integrity to be volunteers. Kudos to you, and I hope you won't let this one naysayer deter you. It's too bad they didn't instead send you the information you *supposedly* missed on other shows huh?

Thats the funny thing RockRiver......................the shows hadn't happened yet and wouldn't for a few weeks AFTER the publishing had started

If one feels the need to jump all over someone and blast them, one should at least have the courage of one's convictions and supply a return address. It is not a brave or noble thing to "attack" while hiding behind a certain anonymity - and it renders the issues you had pointless...

Rob - consider the source. I have one word for them - pffffffffffft.
default_yes.gif
:

Rob,

Mark has it absolutely right...this person is poorly informed and not very intelligent -- and obviously not worth wasting your energy and time on.

You need to have a little talk with yourself: tell Rob that Rob can only be responsible for doing what Rob knows is right. As long as you stick with this, what others think is unimportant and out of your control. Tell yourself what I do: What others think of me is none of my business.

Having worked in the print media for many years, it always amazes how many people have no idea what is involved in putting out a publication. Kudos for taking the time and making the effort!

Rob,

Don't sweat the small stuff........Susanne is right. If the person didn't feel it was important enough to include a way to contact her, then it wasn't important! (I used to work for a newspaper as well.)

It's funny how easy it is for people to communicate the negative and not the positive.......

MA

i write the monthly article here for the bmhc published in the corral. people have no idea how hard it is to write a month ahead! I have had a couple people say I write too much this or that but i always remind them that if they send me something i will put it in the article. If they dont send anything then i just have to write what I know
default_smile.png

i write the monthly article here for the bmhc published in the corral. people have no idea how hard it is to write a month ahead! I have had a couple people say I write too much this or that but i always remind them that if they send me something i will put it in the article. If they dont send anything then i just have to write what I know
default_smile.png

SO TRUE!!
default_yes.gif
:

Rob, I hope you know that the very great majority of us are grateful to have you volunteering to write the Area 8 news column for the Journal--- if you weren't, it would very likely be BLANK. I am one of those that doesn't send news to you, but I will try to remedy that, after all, you need all of us to send you news or it just makes your job that much harder.

Hang in there Rob, and I for one think you do an AWESOME job!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back