If you could change your home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in our family home of 35 years. I would change the kitchen first. I have no place to put food, no counter space other then my small cutting board grrrrrr.

Then I would love to have a barn/garage!

But thats it!

We are in the process of changing it now...pretty much a total remodel...about 75% done. It is small only 1200 sq ft, but it's just us two, so that's fine. I love our property so have no gripes with that. I do wish we had a basement (we do have a huge pole barn that is heated, drywalled). Basements are not real popular around here...lots of sand and water in our area.

Have a wee country house too.
default_wink.png
I like the house but for these things.

We are in bad need of a real stone Colonial type fireplace. Have had the power out enough this winter... I sooo wish we could put one in, as Electric is our only source of heat, power goes out............ well you know.

The wan'a be fireplace insert doesn't do a good job of heating the house and you can't build a big fire in it safely.

I would like wood floors thorough out the house, would be easier to clean and I would not have to worry about the animals and the men of the house from getting it dirty. Then a Mud room would be nice.
default_laugh.png

Won't even get started on the out buildings I need.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off I would change the address from Allenton Michigan to Paducah Kentucky
default_wink.png

Then I would have a bigger kitchen
default_rolleyes.gif

I would be a VERY VERY HAPPY Woman
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Thats ALL I need
default_smile.png

Janice Silvio

Amore' Miniatures

I have a lovely "Southwestern-ranch style house, just under 2300 sq. ft., built in the late '70s. It has lots of nice features, though some aspects would be considered out-dated these days by some, I imagine.

If I had my 'druthers', though, I'd have it jacked up and moved(not possible, because it is built on a concrete slab, the norm in this part of the country), and replace it with a small, passive solar!

My mother was an interior designer. She LOVED to pore over house plans, and I inherited her love of that, though I'm not at ALL into interior decoration per se, AND I don't have the financial resources, so the interior here is as it has been since we moved here. I like to 'play with' drawing plans for my 'dream' cottage, but don't think it'll ever come to pass, as I have acreage and horse facilities(barn, outbuildings, arena) that I would NOT want to part with!

Margo

My husband and I designed our dream house and had it custom built in 2001. I like it just the way it is - a 2500 sq ft reproduction colonial with 3 bedrooms, 3 full baths, and sunroom with washer/dryer on the first floor near the back door so I don't have to cart dirty horse blankets through the house. Washer/dryer is also right by the hot tub, which is under the sky light and handy for folding clothes. Sunroom also serves as a mud room. We have a walk-through butlers pantry and LOTS of closets and storage space, a front porch and rear deck. Haven't needed to change the house, but did have to add onto the barn already!!!

Latest posts

Back