If you could change your home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River Wood

Reaction score
If you could change your home.....

What would you change
default_rolleyes.gif

This is a neat site if you like looking at old advertisements.
default_smile.png

I found it while looking for house plans.

$1 bought you a set of house plans!!

Antique Home Styles

Last edited by a moderator:
We built our "dream" home four years ago. The only thing I'd really change is the size. It takes a village to keep it clean. Goodness only knows why I thought we'd need three living rooms and six bathrooms.
default_wacko.png

We built our "dream" home four years ago. The only thing I'd really change is the size. It takes a village to keep it clean. Goodness only knows why I thought we'd need three living rooms and six bathrooms.
default_wacko.png

6 bathrooms???
default_new_shocked.gif
Wow
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Three living rooms? Six bathrooms? How many other rooms does your place have? What's the square footage? I think ours is just over 1000 sqf. One bedroom, one living room, the kitchen, one tiny bathroom and the basement is where I have my grooming business. I would love it if we had more land. The entire house needs to be painted (inside and out), the bathroom needs to be redone and I would also love to get rid of the carpet. This home is over 100 years old.

Our kitchen is really small and cramped/old style. I'd change that.

Also put the washer/dryer in their own room and finish the basement and put on a garage or large shop for the vehicles and outdoor things to go inside.

Fence the yards.

Liz

I'd make our laundry room bigger. And I really miss not having a walk in pantry closet for my canned and dry goods. This is the first house we've had to put free standing cupboards up in the laundry room to act as a pantry......but it just isn't the same.

If I couldn't have a huge Victorian mansion full of carved wood etc, (dreamy sigh) then I would fix up this old house.

It's about 100 years old, 2336 sq ft. and needs a TON of work! It has 7 rooms that could be used as bed rooms, but I turned one into a living room to keep the other room as a dining room. And one room has a hot tub in it.

I miss my walk in pantry too. I would love to have a utility room close to the bedrooms. Why are the washer and dryer always the on the other side of the house from where the dirty clothes originate? Oh, and a huge front porch - would love to have that.

The only think I would have like to have had is a walk out basement.

Arlene

Our house is only 1,800 sq ft..so its tiny. We have 3 bedrooms, a living room, formal dining room, kitchen, family room and 1 1/2 baths, and the half bath has a adjoining utility room. If I could change anything..I would like to have the kitchen cupboards made out of our old barn wood (which we saved for that) and instead of a long living room I would like a more square one, I would also like the family room fireplace to be in the living room. I love primitive antiques and would like the whole house to fit that period. Ohhh forgot the wrap around porch..boy, would I LOVE one of those!

default_laugh.png
How about moving my kids back out of it??????????
default_laugh.png

Built a smaller than before house, still 3bed/2 bath, lvg/dng/kit/laundry/rm over gar........far larger than I needed for me and the dog! big porches entire length front and back. Now the entire upstairs us used for the "moved backs"........I'm cramped!! I'm considering adding a room.
default_wacko.png

Otherwise, I like my house.
default_wub.png

Hummm, 4 years ago we bought a run down house on 50 acres, or should I say we bought land with a run down house.

We fixed it enough to live in it legally, so it still needs lots of work, but my husband and I sleep in the sunroom, either 3 kids need to move on or we need to build a bedroom on.

So when the kids finish school and leave home, we will have our bedroom and a sunroom!!
default_wink.png

bigger porches the ones that i have are to small

also a different front door as it is glass i dont want people looking in to see if i am home or not. also to have hard wood floors put in since MIL cant take her shoes off when she comes over and tracks mud thru out the house :arg! and they she dont seem to understand that i have light carpet and i am the one that has to pay to have it clean. other then that noithing

I would move our home to our 6 acres near here. Would rather sell it but moving it would be my second choice.

Laundryroom on the main floor of the house in a separate wash room. Other than that I love my house. I have a HUGE deck in the back that runs the length of the house. It needs some boards replaced and this spring we need to seal it again. I can clean my house from tip to bottom in just under 2 hours..and that includes vacuuming, dusting and washing the bathroom. We've just recently did some home improvements on it...new roof, new windows (and got me a garden window in the kitchen
default_aktion033.gif
) new carpeting. Now a new barn would just be icing on the cake!!!
default_yes.gif

About the only thing I can think I'd like to change is I'd like a attached garage (or detached) so hubby wouldn't park his Bobcat in front of the door ;) and I'd really like to put windows up on my covered porch so it could be used for more of the year. We plan to put in a wood heater in our basement this year to help warm our floor in the cold winters and I am starting to plan new window treatments etc. but mostly I'm pretty happy with this house. It has a huge country kitchen (opens directly into the dining room) and a direct entry full basement that helps to keep the inevitable dirt/hair/hay of farming out of out living areas. Big windows and hardwood (veneer) floors through out (hated carpets)

We had our house built just three years ago, so it's our dream house,
default_wub.png
but I would like to add a flagstone patio to go around the wood deck out back, and maybe add a covered roof for the deck. I'd also like to get the landscaping done, and it *is* in our plans for this year.
default_smile.png

Well my home is fairly new, only 5 years old. It is a Solitaire double wide and 1600 square feet. 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. I love the size of all the rooms that we have, but I really wish that I had an extra room for things like the computer and want some big cabinets to store stuff in. And we still only have our little 4x4 wooden porch. I really would like a larger covered deck or concrete porch.

But honestly, if I ever get the money to do all that, I would rather spend it on a barn.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back