IF Obama wins

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country"
Michelle Obama also said "America is a mean country". And really why did she say she is proud for the first time. What does she mean? Is she proud because her husband told her she better say it to make the people like her. I think they should try to keep her in the shadows. She puts her foot in her mouth the same as Joe Biden does. ie. Don't vote for someone because shes cute. We know she WAS NOT talking about herself.
default_laugh.png

Speaking in Milwaukee, Wis., on Monday, she said, "People in this country are ready for change and hungry for a different kind of politics and ... for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback."

Granted my adult life has been shorter than Mrs. Obama's, but frankly, I feel the same way. That doesn't mean I don't love my country, or support my country, or think that America isn't a great country, but for the first time in a long time I have PROUD of my country. I'm proud that we have so many people in my age group excited about the elections and the direction our country is taking. I'm proud we have so many people standing up and saying, "These last X years have been unacceptable, and we're going to change that." I'm proud that we have so many people committed to putting America back in her rightful place as a strong but compassionate power, not a bankrupt warmongering nation.

So, considering I've spend all of my adult life under the Bush Administration, I feel genuinely proud of my country now.

Here you go --->

(disturbing video, coarse language, Obama related)
Doesn't make me feel proud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Already seen that one.

Maybe it changes some people's minds, but I think I stated in a previous thread that religion doesn't sway me.

If you saw it and think the point is about religion -- vs. spending 20 years listening to someone spout hate toward Americans, then I just don't know what your definition of religion is, Lowrise. You have totally missed what is the issue to so many thinking Americans.

No, it's not about what religion Obama follows. It's about his choosing as a spiritual and moral leader a man who preaches seething hate of our Nation. You do not choose personal leaders who have opinions of that nature radically different than your own.

The kind of anti-American hate and racism spouted by Rev. Wright, Obama's personal spiritual and moral leader for 20 years, is truly disgusting and I see no way it could ever be "explained away"
vomit.gif

Jill, IMO, one does not dedicate one's life to the study and defense of the laws and Constitution of a nation one hates. One does not dedicate so much to climbing the political ladder to try and lead a nation one hates. Obama's actions speak louder than his Pastor's words.

...and before it gets brought up, our nation is not structured in such a way that one man and climb to the top and make America a dictatorship.
default_rolleyes.gif

We do judge people, to one extent or another, by the company they choose to keep.

Obama keeps / kept it with an anti-American, racist minister (Rev. Jeremiah Wright), a former terrorist (Bill Ayers), and with an embezzling and voter fraud committing organization (Acorn).

You're free to find these relationships a non-issue and as American as apple pie, but I cannot.

Obama and the Anti-American Racist, Rev. Wright:
obamawrightxx.jpg

Obama and our Flag:

Obama%20and%20Flag%20jpg.jpg

Obama friend and former Terrorist, Bill Ayers:

ayers-flag-color.jpg

And if we're going to play the blame game, Cindy McCain's money came from Mafia activity, McCain's campaign adviser Davis is not only involved in some iffy dealings with Freddie Mac but also went out of his way to introduce McCain to a "Russian billionaire whose suspected links to anti-democratic and organized-crime figures are so controversial that the U.S. government revoked his visa."

And, let's not forget McCain himself is a member of the Keating 5.

So, a large portion of Freddie and Fannie's employees support Democratic candidates? Employees and individuals who have chosen to join or contribute to a PAC are different from "Let's keep this guy's campaign manager on the payroll", don't you think?

Speaking of Obamas friend and minister Rev. Wright, here is a video that is short and to the point. I am not a fan of Sterns but have to say he seems to have hit the nail on head this time.

It's good to know where the Senator stands on this issue (at least today). In my book, The Real McCain: Why Conservatives Don't Trust Him And Why Independents Shouldn't, I recount McCain' questionable past on issues of race his entire career. From the many years he rejected a Martin Luther King Jr. holiday (pretty much the entire 70s and 80s) to his serial flip-flops on the Confederate Flag in 2000 (which he admits he did for political reasons -- no way, not you Johnny!) to his close association with a white supremacist named Richard Quinn, who found himself hired as a political advisor by McCain in 2000 (and still is from what I can tell) after openly praising David Duke (he called him a "maverick") selling t-shirts praising the assassination of Abraham Lincoln and writing/editing for a magazine (Southern Partisan) that reminded us that slave masters just really weren't all that bad.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cliff-schect...em_b_99014.html

Again, if we're playing this 'game', it seems like racism isn't an issue McCain is free of, either.

Speaking of Obamas friend and minister Rev. Wright, here is a video that is short and to the point. I am not a fan of Sterns but have to say he seems to have hit the nail on head this time.
Not a Stern fan either, but he sure did call this out for exactly what it is.

Latest posts

Back