IF Obama wins

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see any video about Obama at the link you posted. What are you trying to point out?

Also, does it rival McCain saying last night that he would suspend all spending except defense spending?

not suspend...but freeze at current levels...big difference...

Alrighty. Watched the videos, read up a bit, here's my opinion at the moment.

It seems like there are other 'truth squads' in other states, largely populated and assembled by workers/volunteers for Obama's campaign and elected Dem. officials who support him. Their goal is to call out campaign lies and present the facts. I'm A-ok with that as long as the officials involved are not using their 'official' time to do it. Folks on the McCain campaign can-and should be!-doing the same, even if they don't have a name for it.

What I DON'T like in Missouri is that law enforcement is now involved, and it's being stated or implied that legal action will be taken against anyone spreading lies about Obama. That is NOT COOL. Period. I would like to know more about the campaign's level of involvement in this. Are these two reporters part of his campaign team? Did a bunch of volunteers push for this? A state campaign team? Who?

I suspect and hope that Obama says something about this within the next 24 hours, because if what was said in the news report is true, then it is not acceptable.

I told you..we would loose a lot of our rights..same as Obama does Not support and ridiculed Satelits radio..either you say what he wants you to say..or you shut up
default_shutup.gif
default_shutup.gif

I'm going to let this play out today and see what else is learned, and what if anything Obama and his campaign have to say about it. Ultimately, this doesn't sound like the Obama I 'know' and support. It's hard for me to believe that he or the higher-ups in his campaign would ever support activity like this.

My initial suspicions are numerous, to say the least.

Since I'm in Missouri, I'd certainly like to know more about what's going on!! Although I gotta say it would be nice to hear the truth.

No this is the first I've heard of it. Been browsing the net and can't find anything there. But I'll definitely be checking the local news this evening. Ummmmm might even send them an e-mail about it.

Who ever reported that McCain was back in Washington for the talks on the bailout is incorrect

UPDATE: CNN Political Producer Tasha Diakides reports that Senior McCain Campaign Adviser Mark Salter says it looks like Senator McCain is not going to the Capitol today and will instead make phone calls from the McCain Campaign HQ in Arlington, Virginia. Salter says the Republican presidential nominee will continue that effort tomorrow, although he can't say definitively that McCain is not traveling tomorrow
I watched the video that was mentioned and perhaps I got a different take on this. I think these are volunteers for the campaign and not the immediate people around Obama, I could be wrong....

I think what they might be talking about is things like stating that Obama is a terrorist, stuff like that. Such a statement is open for libel because being a "terrorist" in the eyes of the law is a crime. But since Obama is a "public figure" I am not sure if a libel case would be made. I did laugh though after I watched the video and saw the report on McCain and what he said about Obama... the lies that continue to come out of that group about Obama. It truly is sad. It's time McCain stopped trying to win votes with lies about Obama and starts talking about what HE is going to do and get votes on merit, not on attacking the other candidate. I find it interesting that McCain says he is going to do this and that and create more jobs. If he put a freeze on it will be interesting to see how he manages that one! The amount being spent on this war on a daily basis is ridiculous and it's your tax $$$. I agree with Obama, you are barking up the wrong tree and Al Quaida and the Taliban will rear their ugly heads again but by the time the focus and manpower is shifted where it should be something tragic will have taken place. I am sure that Al Quaida is laughing right now seeing the financial problems going on in the U.S. They don't need to do anything as far as a terrorist attack, they see the U.S. right now destroying themselves financially. I recall seeing a show where he said that, that his goal was to bankrupt the U.S. That man needs to be hunted down and eliminated. The only thing is if he is destroyed will it only make matters worth. He would become a "martyr" to the extremist and what and how would they react? Talk about a scary thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the video that was mentioned and perhaps I got a different take on this. I think these are volunteers for the campaign and not the immediate people around Obama, I could be wrong....
That's what I'm thinking, too, and so I'm really holding back on this today. I hope some major news source grabs and investigates this story and gets some more details for us, and I also hope that Obama does take this seriously and that he or his campaign come out and denounce this sort of activity.

And, yeah. McCain keeps telling us he's going back to Washington right away, then he seems to take his time getting there.

Well, we're already seeing the report twisted and sensationalized by conservative bloggers, so hopefully it will be picked up soon.

I sent the local TV station that first video and told them I was sure I'm not the only Missouri resident who would like more information. Guess we'll see what happens, but evidently a lot of the news sources have picked up on it now (read that somewhere but can't find it again) so I expect we'll hear a lot more about it.

Lowrise I haven't looked at the top 4 that you posted but the last one, "the .pdf" would certainly be more credible to me if it wasn't sent in by someone called "thebitchgirls".

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back