IF Obama wins

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting for something more concrete about Obama and the campaign's roll in this. The article you just posted first lays blame on the reporters, but the Gov. seems to be blaming Obama directly. Do we have anything solid on Obama's involvement? Any evidence on who or what part of his campaign got this going, if anyone?

Appy-I'm inclined to agree with you on the issue of credibility, but it's the only one I could find. Who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
Who ever reported that McCain was back in Washington for the talks on the bailout is incorrect

UPDATE: CNN Political Producer Tasha Diakides reports that Senior McCain Campaign Adviser Mark Salter says it looks like Senator McCain is not going to the Capitol today and will instead make phone calls from the McCain Campaign HQ in Arlington, Virginia. Salter says the Republican presidential nominee will continue that effort tomorrow, although he can't say definitively that McCain is not traveling tomorrow
For all practical purposes he is in Washington. He could walk from Arlington to the Capital. It is probably less than two miles.

The PENTAGON even is in Arlington, VA. But, far be it from me to confuse anyone with actual facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pentagon

See anything that looks familiar?

Those not concerned by First Amendment Rights, you may want to take a look here ---> www.gunbanobama.com

Obama supportors... Why is it "okay" to have to make so MANY excuses for who you say you want as our next National leader????
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the new stories I've been able to find is here: http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...LOGS09/80927018

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Gov. Matt Blunt and Republicans are accusing Barack Obama’s campaign of assembling a “truth squad” with law enforcement officials to intimidate Obama critics from speaking out against the Democratic presidential candidate.

Yet a top Republican National Committee official admits the Democratic prosecutors from across Missouri “haven’t specifically said” they would use their prosecutorial powers on Obama’s behalf.

Using his taxpayer-funded press office to level a political attack, Blunt issued a statement Saturday to denounce the unproven allegations.

“What Senator Obama and his helpers are doing is scandalous beyond words, the party that claims to be the party of Thomas Jefferson is abusing the justice system and offices of public trust to silence political criticism with threats of prosecution and criminal punishment,” Blunt said in a written statement.

On Wednesday, Obama’s Missouri campaign announced U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill would lead a group of Democratic lawmakers, prosecutors and one sheriff “who will be proactive in letting voters in the Show-Me State know the truth in the face of the distortions by the McCain campaign,” according to a news release.

There's more at the link.

For those interested, Gov. Palin also has a truth squad, similar to the one Obama has going on in other non-Missouri states.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmart...ma_comment.html

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/09/m...n-campaign.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/akmuckraker/...t_b_125233.html

http://alaskareport.com/news98/x61632_palin_truth_squad.htm

Palin's Truth Squad also seems to involve some state officials.

http://www.wisn.com/politics/17434200/detail.html

"MILWAUKEE -- Republican presidential nominee Sen. John McCain is tapping former Wisconsin Lt. Gov. Margaret Farrow to run counter attacks on his running mate.

Farrow will be part of a 55 member group called the “Palin Truth Squad.”

The squad will issue statements to voters and the media when they feel a false attack has been made against Alaskan Gov. Sarah Palin."

Lowrise thanks for taking the time to find links that show all sides of the stories I find them very interesting and appreciate you showing them to us!

I try.
default_wink.png

I'm also headed out for the night pretty soon and away from my precious news! Oh no! I'm sure I'll find a way to have fun, though.

Whoops! One last thing I found before I go. http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/stlog/200...truth_squad.php

Missouri Congresswoman joins the Palin 'Truth Squad'Tue Sep 09, 2008 at 05:45:10 PM

The online "sliming" of Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin has taken its toll on the campaign, as a militant-sounding "Truth Squad" has been formed to tackle online detractors and flat-out fabrications against the Alaskan Governor.

From the Missouri Bootheel, a congresswoman has been drafted into the Squad, added just this afternoon to a revised press release.

Rep. Jo Ann Emerson, a republican who represents Missouri's 8th Congressional District, was added to the roster of primarily female lawmakers who will "counter recent attacks on Governor Sarah Palin, her family, her friends and her record of accomplishment," according to a press release sent out today by the McCain-Palin campaign. It appears that the only male member of the Truth Squad is Palin's second-in-command in Alaskan government, Lt. Governor Sean Parnell.

A small quibble before we go any further -- the release leads with the statement that a "Wall Street Journal 'report' stated that "pro-Obama Democrats have airdropped a mini-army" of investigators in Alaska to dig for dirt on Palin. It was in fact an op-ed column by John Fund, not a news report at all.

All this talk of truth squads, air-drops and mini-armies has us thinking McCain-Palin is declaring war on the Obama-Biden ticket. Democratic VP candidate Joe Biden, of course, was in Mehlville, Missouri today, saying the same thing as the McCain-Palin campaign, that "honesty" is needed.

So who's telling the truth? Who knows.

Here's the full roster of the McCain-Palin honest team.

National Members Of The Palin Truth Squad:

· Former Governor Jane Swift (R-MA)

· Governor Linda Lingle (R-HI)

· Lt. Governor Sean Parnell, (R-AK)

· Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (R-MN)

· Congressman Marsha Blackburn (R-TN)

· Congresswoman Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV)

· Congresswoman Thelma Drake (R-VA)

` Congresswoman Jo Ann Emerson (R, MO)

· Congresswoman Mary Fallin (R-OK)

· Congresswoman Virginia Foxx (R-NC)

· Congresswoman Kay Granger (R-TX)

· Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA)

` Congresswoman Candice Miller (R-MI)

· Congresswoman Sue Myrick (R-FL)

· Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL)

· Congresswoman Heather Wilson (R-NM)

· Jo Ann Davidson, RNC Co-Chair

· Rosario Marin, Former U.S. Treasurer

· Meg Stapleton, Former Aide To Governor Palin

· Kristan Cole, Lifelong Friend Of Governor Palin

State Members Of The Palin Truth Squad:

· Former Lt. Governor Jane Norton (CO)

· State Representative Amy Stephens (CO)

· State Board of Education Member Peggy Littleton (CO)

· State Representative Ellyn Bogdanoff (FL)

· County Commissioner Mildred Fernandez (FL)

· Former Iowa Senate President And Former U.S. Ambassador To The Eastern Caribbean, Mary Kramer (IA)

· State Representative Jackie Walorski (IN)

· State Representative Laura Brod (MN)

· Former GOP State Party Chairwoman And Former State Rep. Barb Sykora (MN)

· Jayne Millerick, Former NH GOP Chair (NH)

· State Senator Jennifer Beck, Honorary Co-Chair NJ Women For McCain-Palin (NJ)

· Assemblywoman Alison Littell McHose, Honorary Vice Chair NJ Women For McCain-Palin (NJ)

· Bergen County Clerk Kathe Donovan, Honorary Co-Chair NJ Women For McCain-Palin (NJ)

· DA Dona Ana County Susana Martinez (NM)

· Former Lt. Gov. Lorraine Bono-Hunt (NV)

· State Senator Barbara Cegavske (NV)

· State Assemblywoman Heidi Gansert (NV)

· Sue Lowden, Nevada GOP Chair (NV)

Kay Ayres, OH GOP Vice Chair (OH)

· Betty Montgomery, Ohio Women For McCain-Palin Chair (OH)

· Mary Taylor, Ohio Auditor Of State (OH)

· Margie Hughes, Clackamas County Chair Of Women For McCain-Palin (OR)

· Linda Neace, West Linn Small Business Owner For McCain-Palin (OR)

· Deanna Smith, Women For McCain-Palin Chairwoman (OR)

· Renee Amoore, PA GOP Deputy Chair (PA)

· Joyce Haas, PA GOP Vice Chair (PA)

· State Senator Lisa Baker (PA)

· Diana Irey, Washington County Commissioner (PA)

· Christine Toretti, RNC National Committeewoman and McCain-Palin Pennsylvania Co-Chair (PA)

· Kim Ward, Westmoreland County Commissioner and McCain-Palin Pennsylvania Regional Chair (PA)

· Former First Lady Susan Allen (VA)

· Lori Ann Miller, Young Republican Federation Of VA Chairman (VA)

· Former Lt. Gov. Margaret Farrow (WI)

· Peggy Oban Boze, McCain-Palin Chairwomen For King County (WA)

· Susan McCaw, Former Ambassador To Austria (WA)

· Della Newman, Former Ambassador To New Zealand (WA)

You know what. Both sides need to knock it off. This is getting absolutely out of control. Obama needs to take control and tell his volunteers to knock it off as well as the McCain camp. I don't think I have ever seen anything like this in my life. All this is going to do, whoever wins is alleinate one side from the other even after the election. I hope in the next few weeks things can get under control. The U.S. public deserves better than these stupid little games that both sides are using.

If these Truth Squads were being formed to honestly inform people when lies are being told it wouldn't be a bad idea. But to use their state positions/titles and scare tactics by making threats of arrest and prosecution is totally wrong. Still haven't seen anything about it on either Fox or the local news.....but I'm watching.

The U.S. public deserves better than these stupid little games that both sides are using.
Absolutely. Both parties take in massive donations - and then play these kinds of stupid schoolyard games... run attack ads... and God only knows what else.
default_no.gif

Still nothing on the local news that I've seen (and I'm kinda surprised that I haven't gotten an email back from the TV station I contacted). But looking up "truth squads" on the net it seems everyone has one. Just ran across a Michelle Obama truth squad so it appears that this may not be a "new" thing after all....or if it is new it's going on everywhere.

Anyhoo, seeing her mentioned in that context brought to mind something I don't think I've seen mentioned on here anywhere; and that is her "For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country" comment some time ago . I thought at the time that it seemed to be a strange thing to say....and still seems very odd to me.

and that is her "For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country" comment some time ago . I thought at the time that it seemed to be a strange thing to say....and still seems very odd to me.
Well, when your husband rubs shoulders with anti-American racist ministers (Jeremiah Wright), is friends with former terrorists (Bill Ayers), and worked for a shady leftist organization supported by government handouts and embezzlement and is guilty of committing voter fraud all across the Nation (Acorn), maybe it's just a reflection of who Michelle Obama truly is
default_no.gif

Anyhoo, seeing her mentioned in that context brought to mind something I don't think I've seen mentioned on here anywhere; and that is her "For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country" comment some time ago . I thought at the time that it seemed to be a strange thing to say....and still seems very odd to me.
Well frankly I have many African American friends, or gay friends or other minority friends that have said they feel the same way.

Rather then a reflection of who she really is perhaps it is a reflection of some rather large issues that are still abundent in our country today.

One of those things you might not be able to understand unless you walk in their shoes although I am sure those here on the McCain side will wish to make it more sinister then that
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back